don't click here

Castle of Illusion remake (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This XBLA box-art just got leaked. Seeing how this is different from other SEGA Mega Drive box-arts and it's new art, maybe it's a remake like Ducktales? Anyway, it's exciting to see that SEGA can release this again. Steam achievements also got leaked (see Steam thread), which is more evidence towards this being more than a standard port, as SEGA Mega Drive ports on Steam usually don't have them.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Maybe I'm just off the line, but I remember hearing somewhere that Castle of Illusion was coming to actual consoles....but thought it was only M2 emulation as always. Seeing that cover art, maybe it's a remake like Ducktales...

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Well, it isn't a Vintage Collection with castle and World like I thought but great nonetheless.

Maybe now I'll actually beat this on a console after never getting the game back from my cousin as a kid.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Mickey needs to eat, like, badly.

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Cool, I really like it on the MD. If it's downloadable from the PS3 store, I may get it... after seeing some footage once released maybe =P

6. Falk

Falk

Taxman cashing in?

7. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Nah, I'm going to go with other people's views that it's something like DuckTales Remastered. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

8. Steven M

Steven M

I'd assume it's more likely to be an emulator of the game with custom filters than a remake.

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Loved the original. Getting the Steam version for definite, if it's been updated well.

10. Castle of Illusion was like, one of my most favourite games on the mega drive if you don't include Sonic, so I'm excited for this.

Here's hoping this is popular enough to get World of Illusion and Quackshot a similar treatment.

11. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    For a while I was expecting this game along with WoI and QuackShot to get a Vintage Collection rerelease, but it's still great that Sega's reviving the game.

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    (or they've bundled in the Master System version for kicks)

13. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    This would make it pretty definitive, I think. Better still would be Castle/Castle/World/Land/Legend of Illusion as a beastly pack of more Mickey than the average gamer could handle. I'd give it a go, I get pretty hungry for platforms.

14. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh hell YES! Castle of Illusion is one of my favourite games and was a massive part of my childhood - I'm very excited about this :D Ever since I completed Epic Mickey Power of Illusion, and then with the Ducktales announcement, I've been hoping for something like this.

A lot of the old Disney games were great (aside from Castle of Illusion - World of Illusion, Quackshot and Mickey Mania to name just three), so here's hoping that this will pave the way for even more remakes/re-releases.

15. Truner

Truner

If only the remake would be Epic Mickey themed (and maybe similar in graphics style to those in the 3DS game). Either way, I'm interested!

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'd rather have them try to keep the style a bit more like the Mickey Mouse of that era, rather than the modern design seen in the latest cartoon:
    [​IMG]

Not that I think the style is bad, I actually like the style in those cartoons and Epic Mickey. But I feel like the design from back then would be a better fit for this game.

17. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    The original version on the Master System was my first video-game, shortly followed by Sonic.
    Shut up and take my money !

18. Vangar

Vangar

I think world of illusion is much better... They should remake that, or the sms version, instead.

19. Do want.

Castle Of Illusion is one of my favorite Genesis games. A World Of Illusion remake would be awesome too, but I'm quite content with a Castle Of Illusion remake/remaster.

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Personally, I would have ditched Castle of Illusion and head straight to World.

Assuming this IS a remake, of course.