don't click here

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - Released

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Mar 11, 2013.

1. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
  2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seems like centering the Youtube video doesn't work, so here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9F_upO88hc

Also, damn you work fast. o_o

3. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Well shit. It does look a whole lot improved mechanically from BTSA. Color me more interested and impressed at the art again.

EDIT: And it looks like you are going to use the boost how I planned to, which improves acceleration but doesn't instantly hit max speed. Gah.

4. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    God damn it, Lake. Why does everything look so fucking amazing?

I love your work, sir. One of the few reasons I even stick around anymore! Can't wait for ATS and this is gonna be cool as fuck, too.

5. Stritix

Stritix

6. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Well call me tickled, this looks amazing! :D

Once again, your work ethic never ceases to amaze me. If I had half the energy and dedication that you do, Freedom Planet would already be finished and released by now. xD

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Oh man I get giddy like a little kid every time I see one of these trailers because I know the games never disappoint.

Don't feel bad, I'm starting to suspect Lake may actually be superhuman. =P

8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Looks fascinating; I didn't really look into aftermath, for reasons both of time and interest at the time it was about, but the trailer for this and the mechanics behind it fascinate me now. How you get all of this done so quickly is also amazing.

That said, you should slow down; let your composers have a chance to play catch-up. :P

9. DaHog

DaHog

Sonic fan-made cartoon and Possible 3D Sonic fangame
    >Looks at video
    >Sees Sonic has swords again
    >dafuq?
    I'm just kidding. I like your work, especially how fast you do it! Keep up the good work, Lake.

10. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Looks like a wonderful improvement upon Aftermath; I can't wait to play this!

11. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Holy shit... already? I feel like we just got Aftermath yesterday... I'm casting my vote that LakeFepard is really a sentient super-computer hellbent on fan-gaming domination.
    Seriously. The amount of stuff you are churning out, at the quality it is produced... Just, rename this whole Fangaming sub-forum after LakeFepard, and he can do everything... Freedom Planet, AXSX, EGGEN, Sonic HD projects, AeStHete... everything. Good thing you don't hack, or there probably wouldn't be any real Hacking Contest.

12. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

I'm no superhuman, I'm just a robo--- erm, human. =P

Anyway, thanks guys =)

-----------
    @To all the people that are saying I'm better than sega/sonic team and especially SONIC 4.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79377&postcount=1
    (Thanks BlazeHedgehog)

I think this is the best place to post this since retro is quite famous so...
    People, that's just stupid, stop following what others say and try to think like an adult for a sec.
    That's just stupid! Trust me, every single tile in SONIC 4 is 10x better tham anything I've ever done I my fan games.

13. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    If it comes down to graphical quality, maybe. In terms of creativity and care, I still vastly prefer any of your fangames so far to Sonic 4; I'll take more original levels with better design and gimmicks over graphical quality any day. I don't care if anyone agrees, because I am thinking for myself.

...and that's not even getting into the OSTs for said fangames.

14. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Exactly. Just as it was argued long ago that "how come Sonic looks better than Super Mario World even though the SNES is capable of millions of colors." It is because the vision and design for Sonic were vastly superior. That's what matters.
    Sonic Team has long forgotten that important lesson.

15. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm kinda sick of getting comments that recent official sonic games are worst than mine, which to me, is a very, very, very, stupid thing to say.

"Sega, hire this guy."
    "Ur game is better tham sonic 4"

Please people, just stop.

it doesn't matters what sonic team is doing to the franchise what matters is that is that people are comparing the work of an amature that just made a few games alone with hundreds of talented and experienced people working at sonic team and dimps that worked in a whole bunch of games with a whole bunch of people.

I guess that's something you only learn after actually making a full project.

16. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    As much as I hate to keep this going, I still don't quite agree. If anything, the fact that many people think your work as a hobbyist and fan is superior to those hundreds of experienced programmers and designers is something to be proud of. I don't know, that's just my standpoint; I've never developed any sort of game, so it could just be an amateur opinion altogether.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Lake, I appreciate your humility. Too bad others don't seem to.

18. You-Are-Pwned

You-Are-Pwned

At least I suppose you like making fangames, as opposed to people in SEGA or whoever is doing the Sonic stuff now (Dimps, Hardlight?). Your games may not be ready for the storyline, because they contain alternative and improvised game elements, but it just seems that you put more care into it.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    LakeFeperd developing fangames is one of the best things that have happened to the Sonic fangame community, period.

Another fangame of great quality to expect :)

(Can't wait for ATS BTW!!)

20. Chaud

Chaud

I get what you're saying and I agree to some extent. Speaking ill of Sega has became an addiction in itself, people are willing to do so at every opportunity. What ends up happening is that every (good) fangame/hack is used as a way to express the frustration that the person has. There comes a time when it becomes tiresome. Although "technically talking" it is a compliment, it doesn't feel as such. It's much better to praise the work for what it is than compare it to any other game.

-----

That said ... You're overly humble, LakeFeperd. The work of amateurs are often better than something coming from professionals. It is not always the case, though, the chances are that some fangame will be infinitely worse than a game made by professionals in nearly every possible aspect of analysis. Something like the famous internet dictum that "all games made in RPGMaker are horrible". Indeed, many of them are. But certain games stand out.

There are games made by just one person who greatly surpasses in quality some large projects that relied on heavy funding and various professionals. There are several examples, but right away, I can cite Cavestory - the original, made in 2004. The game exudes brilliance everywhere, in gameplay, visuals, story, style ... It was not behind similar games released at the same time, such as Astro Boy: Omega Factor and MegaMan Zero 3. (I can also cite several modules for Neverwinter Nights that exceed, by wide margins, the quality of the plot of the original campaigns . But here is another story.)

Anyway, what I mean is that, yes, it is possible that the work of an unknown anonymous guy is comparable, and even superior in some respects, to the work of "hundreds of talented and experienced people". Not always, but in rare events, yeah. And in my opinion, this is the case here.

Although just fangames, they are, nonetheless, games, whether derived from a famous franchise or not.

I had great fun with some fangames, more than with many games made by famous companies. For all practical purposes, I can say that they have a higher quality. It's great to know that you put yourself in your place and get the notion that deep down you are just one person doing an amateur job. But remember that you can be proud of what you produced, because it's indisputably good.

I'm looking forward to it! :thumbsup: