Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: RSDK Unpacker - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

RSDK Unpacker

#46 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12
For what is worth, retrun is not supported by anyone here, and it will likely remain that way: as mentioned upthread, nextvolume/tails92 are known aliases of Shibunoa, the same one that attacked Sonic Retro a few years back.

#47 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View Postqwertysonic, on 09 August 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

That's what I thought originally, but this happens when I open the sprite file, don't edit it at all, and then save it. It's the same sprites and the same palette.

I still think your image tool is at fault. What image have you specifically tried to edit?
I should mention that the game does have it's own Gif reading logic; it's not calling a 3rd party library to decode them. But on a quick inspection I didn't notice anything special when specifically looking for palette stuff. I just think the palette indexes probably need to be left alone and perhaps your tools aren't doing that. I can look into it more if there's a good reason to.

View Postflamewing, on 09 August 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

For what is worth, retrun is not supported by anyone here, and it will likely remain that way: as mentioned upthread, nextvolume/tails92 are known aliases of Shibunoa, the same one that attacked Sonic Retro a few years back.

I believe his tool also has some problems with repacking anyway, and his file tables for Sonic 1 & 2 are incomplete. Perhaps at some point I can share my solution to making changes, but it's not in a state where that would be a good idea right now. (I used file redirection to avoid packing a new RSDK file when I posted the video of Desert Dazzle a few years back)

• 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users