Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Some changes/fixes for Sonic 1 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Some changes/fixes for Sonic 1

#91 User is offline Natsumi 

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

  • Miss Fox
  • Posts: 170
  • Joined: 08-February 12
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Otter's lap
  • Project:Being with my boyfriend
Oh Markey, you shall go to jail for stealing words from my mouth! Joking aside, I am kinda afraid to touch the wiki for many reasons Markey suggested, as well as not really knowing enough about it in my personal opinion (I mostly use and break the RAM page for Sonic 1; further than that I don't really). At least it seems not many people are against the changes I have done there, which is quite nice. I could research more and edit up few pages after SHC, however, at the moment I am unsure if I wish to do this in the end.

#92 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

  • Posts: 1610
  • Joined: 07-August 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Project Sonic 8x16
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostClownacy, on 23 September 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Putting them on the wiki is a pain in the ass: if you want a good wiki guide, you have to correct all the formatting, add explanations (even pictures if you wanna illustrate your point better), not leave any steps vague, and all kinds of other shenanigans. I mean, who wants a repeat of that crazy 'port S3K object manager to S2' guide? These forum posts are simple because you don't have to assume everyone is a Hivebrain noob. What's more, the last thing I want to do is put incorrect, broken stuff on the wiki; I only recently noticed my S1 'clusterfuck' bugfix had bugs of its own. Even when you have created a page, you've gotta link it to that s1howto template and the main SCHG:How_To page, and even then, I'm not sure how comfortable people would be if someone started uploading everyone else's guides. I know I'd be miffed if someone started uploading mine. At least here, you can paraphrase or just leave a link, since they're already on the forum.


I used to do wiki stuff.... but for whatever reason my account seemingly no longer is accessible on the wiki anymore... fucking atrocity it is.

View Postredhotsonic, on 24 September 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

View PostClownacy, on 23 September 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

I know I'd be miffed if someone started uploading mine.


I get weird stuff on my guides that people have ported to the wiki. For example, How to fix Tails respawn speeds, the "Bug Explained" bit...

Quote

Tails... oh Tails, what a stupid little fucker... never does anything right, does he? But why??? Why does this bug happen to begin with? RedHotSonic explains this in detail:


Er, what? I don't remember typing that! Why is that on there? =P

EDIT: KingOfHarts!!!!!


Maybe there was a reason for it after all...? I claim full culpability for taking liberties with the ad-libbing. With how much Tails fucks up, I just couldn't help myself. That said, I ALWAYS notify people of pages I do or plan on doing... involving their guides.
This post has been edited by KingofHarts: 04 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

#93 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:40 AM

  • Posts: 739
  • Joined: 06-July 13
  • Gender:Not Telling

View PostKingofHarts, on 04 October 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

I used to do wiki stuff.... but for whatever reason my account seemingly no longer is accessible on the wiki anymore... fucking atrocity it is.


IIRC, that's because, when the wiki updated, its link to the forum was broken. You need to perform a password reset on the wiki side so you can log back in.

#94 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

  • Posts: 739
  • Joined: 06-July 13
  • Gender:Not Telling
Well, what do you know? ReadySonic had that 'death by level boundary when hurt' thing fixed a long time ago. There's actually a lot of neat fixes in here. For example, apparently, the Dynamic Level Events happen even when you're on the title screen or in a special stage. The bit about special stage seems to be wrong, it's never branched to, but the title screen does it. There's also a bunch of object placement fixes that I might save for a general 'mistakes in official levels' thread. You've even got stuff like making the LZ harpoons play the 'hurt by spike' SFX instead of the regular hurt one, stopping Sonic from being able to turn around while rolling to a stop, and porting some logic from S2 to make Sonic handle quarter-loops better. If only there were guides for this stuff...

Don't look at me like that.

#95 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

  • Posts: 1610
  • Joined: 07-August 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Project Sonic 8x16
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostClownacy, on 04 October 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

View PostKingofHarts, on 04 October 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

I used to do wiki stuff.... but for whatever reason my account seemingly no longer is accessible on the wiki anymore... fucking atrocity it is.


IIRC, that's because, when the wiki updated, its link to the forum was broken. You need to perform a password reset on the wiki side so you can log back in.


Tried that... it says my email is not linked to any account.

#96 User is offline Xeal 

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

  • Posts: 1213
  • Joined: 06-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rock spinning around a nuclear powerhouse
  • Project:College

View PostKingofHarts, on 10 October 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

View PostClownacy, on 04 October 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

View PostKingofHarts, on 04 October 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

I used to do wiki stuff.... but for whatever reason my account seemingly no longer is accessible on the wiki anymore... fucking atrocity it is.


IIRC, that's because, when the wiki updated, its link to the forum was broken. You need to perform a password reset on the wiki side so you can log back in.


Tried that... it says my email is not linked to any account.


Get ScarredSun to reset it for you.

#97 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

  • Posts: 739
  • Joined: 06-July 13
  • Gender:Not Telling
Ever notice the bullet Buzz Bomber shoots is nowhere near its stinger when it fires? Under the label '.fire' in '22 Buzz Bomber.asm', change the 'move.w #$18,d0' to '$14' instead. This is much closer.

#98 User is offline TheLastWhiteFlame 

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:15 AM

  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 29-August 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Project:S1 & S2 Restored

View PostClownacy, on 06 September 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

Ever notice the bullet Buzz Bomber shoots is nowhere near its stinger when it fires? Under the label '.fire' in '22 Buzz Bomber.asm', change the 'move.w #$18,d0' to '$14' instead. This is much closer.


I knew i was not the only one who realised that bug and on top of that i never knew how to fix it until now. Thanks Clownacy

  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users