Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Triple Trouble SMS - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Triple Trouble SMS The old topic was locked

#76 User is offline Endri 

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

• Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. Can I give you something else?
  • Project:DANCE CENTRAL
  • Wiki edits:7
Is editing the tiles for the ending sequence to add dithering to the background an option? Tec Toy used to do this when the color banding was way too noticeable when porting Game Gear games to Master System in Brazil.

And, by the way, Espilonarge's palette seems optimal in my opinion.

View PostShadowsofYesterday, on 30 August 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

View PostCooljerk, on 29 August 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostShadowsofYesterday, on 29 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostCooljerk, on 28 June 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

View PostThousand Pancake, on 28 June 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

View PostCooljerk, on 28 June 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

if you ever took a crack at, say, Tail's Adventure, I would send you a blow job via the internet. Just sayin'...
I'm pretty sure he's not named Tail. :v:

He's not named Tails either.

No, but Tails is his nickname, Tail isn't.

You can have more than one nickname.

You can, yes. But Tails doesn't. At least, I can't think of any other known nicknames for the character right off, but if he DOES have other nicknames, Tail isn't one of them. It wouldn't even make sense, as it would imply that he only has one tail, when the whole point of his nickname is that he has two tails.
Cooljerk made a (very small, unimportant and irrelevant) typo. Goddammit, you people.

#77 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

• Wiki edits:196
[OT pile-on] Yeah, but the thing is that, rather than admitting it, he tried to detract from it with the unrelated and ineffective observation that the universe doesn't prevent someone having more than one nickname.
Having said that, various sources would insist that the game itself made a mistake and that the title should be Tails's Adventure. :eng101: [ducks]

#78 User is offline Glitch 

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 LD
  • Wiki edits:22
Tile dithering is entirely possible. I just need to find the art & ending sequence code. FYI, I haven't looked at this project for a month or two. I picked up a Raspberry Pi, so that's the new "shiny thing" for the time being.

#79 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

• Mesonoxian for no reason other than that it's easier to wake up whenever.
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
Dude, how did I not notice this thread until now? This project is awesome, and I love you all. So, who here can flash ROMs to a cartridge, or point me in the direction to a method of playing this on hardware? I'd pay real actual money dollars to have a physical copy to play on my SMS, I've got two different revisions of the NTSC-U Master System, if that helps.
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 11 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

#80 User is offline The Game Collector 

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

• Project:helping a local rock band; still a big Sonic & video game fan

View PostLobotomy, on 11 September 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Dude, how did I not notice this thread until now? This project is awesome, and I love you all. So, who here can flash ROMs to a cartridge, or point me in the direction to a method of playing this on hardware? I'd pay real actual money dollars to have a physical copy to play on my SMS, I've got two different revisions of the NTSC-U Master System, if that helps.

Just get an Everdrive SMS or MD from www.stoneagegamer.com and you can play any rom on your Genesis or Master System depending on which one you buy. The Genesis one is better because it gives you access to both Genesis and SMS games on your Genesis. If you have a 32X, you can play 32X roms too, but you have to remove your 32X to play SMS roms.

#81 User is offline Glitch 

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 LD
  • Wiki edits:22
I might as well post this here, too:

X-post from SMS Power

Here's the source: http://www.mediafire...lly3/stt_sms.7z
Have at it.

It's woefully incomplete. I haven't touched it for a long time so I might as well share it in its current state. Basically, just enough disassembled & modified to get it running on an SMS. You can use the Sonic 2 disassembly as a reference since that's much easier to follow and they're both based on the same engine.

Modifications for the SMS are guarded with "SMS MOD" comments for easy searching.

I don't think it's worthy of committing to the repo in its current form. It's in desperate need of some TLC.

• 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users