Falk, on 14 May 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:
More dum hub world questions. From my fraps footage of the hubworld and what I know about interactive scoring techniques, I am -convincingly- (not absolutely) sure that:
1) Each zone/boss has its own looping theme (hurr durr falk)
2) They're all the same BPM (138) and are 10 bars long - an 8-bar phrase containing the most recognizable hook from the music followed by a 2-bar turnaround
3) There's a 1-bar intro regardless on which zone you start in front of, this has to segue perfectly into the start of each zone
4) The 10 bar zone loops are divided into 1-bar audio files; incidentally the swaps also occur on the bar, and this maintains relative position within the 10 bar loop. (I'm convinced of the file split because of the noticable seams on barlines in songs which syncopate and skip the downbeat)
5) It is not sample-accurate the same way audio engines like Wwise, etc are- I'm definitely noticing irregular drifting across long periods of time
Instrumentation is as sparse as possible, probably mirroring the 'unfinished' look of the hub worlds. The constant is electric bass and a very raw drum kit, either double-tracked acoustic or overdrive guitars, and at most 1 lead instrument, 1 backing line, most often violin or flute but also inclusive of harmonica and synths (e.g. CPZ, PW)
I'm going to attempt to make loops for all the Generations stages that -should- sound similar enough in tone that they can be believably segued to/from the current material if the mega-hub-world-thingoo takes off, but obviously since the sound of ESPECIALLY the drums won't be identical, I'll also recreate the 1-bar intro and Rooftop Run so that there's a discrete set of Unleashed loops that sound like they came from the same session, same should the Unleashed mod be completely seperate from the base game.
That sounds good, I'm willing to start modeling something, soon as someone has some ideas of how they want the hubworld to be. I'd have to limit things like no spindashing and no drifting, possibly no boosting either to be fair. But I'm willing if you people would like a hubs that interconnect that are like Unleashed's hub-worlds. It sounds a lot better than just having some model replacement and having the same setting in that white world. So if you got any ideas on it, shout it out since I rather not be unoriginal and just clash hubworld models together.
Yeah the HDR lighting is handled differently in Generations than it was in Unleashed. To get a right tone for it. Generations is too high contrast. I just need to find a right middle man for the values to make it seem just right. I can't stand the over brightness it gives me a headache.
This post has been edited by Twilightzoney: 14 May 2012 - 08:46 AM