Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Other Characters In Sonic Hacks Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Other Characters In Sonic Hacks Topic

#31 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

• Wiki edits:41
Hah, that looks awesome. Why do the newer games seem to have much smoother character edits? Has anyone seen all the Generations edits?

#32 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

• Project:Watching the clock spin...

View PostMathUser, on 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

View PostKnucklez, on 16 April 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

Ok, so for all you guys that are desperate to play Metal Sonic hacks, this guy made all of these:

Metal Sonic Hyperdrive

Metal Sonic in Sonic 1

Metal Sonic in Sonic 2

Metal Sonic in Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Although these hacks are very low profile, they aren't the usual bull, they're legit and complete. Enjoy. :v:

http://info.sonicret...ic_the_Hedgehog

The first game was good enough to add to the wiki but Sonic 2 and 3 & K don't change Metal Sonics name at the end of level score tally. It still says Sonic.

That's understandable, plus when you really play through them, you notice they're tremendously flawed in so many aspects. Nevertheless, at least I could help shed light on one of them to get wiki'd for the Retro peeps. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Metal Sonic in Sonic 1
This post has been edited by Knucklez: 18 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

#33 User is offline Retroman 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

• Gotta stalk fast!
  • Project:Sonic Advance Sonic Worlds
I remember the Eggman in Sonic 1 hack. It would be awesome if they did an Eggman in Sonic 2/3/Knuckles hack and the spin-attack is switched to a rolling attack.

Posted Image

#34 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086

View PostRetroman, on 16 April 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I remember the Eggman in Sonic 1 hack. It would be awesome if they did an Eggman in Sonic 2/3/Knuckles hack and the spin-attack is switched to a rolling attack.

Posted Image

I think an Eggman hack should be totally different to a Sonic hack.

My take for a true Eggman hack would involve placing Traps and badniks in the zone in an "attempt" to stop Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles as they run through the levels at the same time. Points would be given based on how much they are hurt throughout the zone. And yes, you would control the boss machines at the end of the zone. The thing is you know you will inevitably lose, so you need to rack up as many points on the trio as possible throughout the game. A final score tally will rank you on how well you "stopped" the trio throughout the game.

You could even go the extra mile and screw with the special stages to stop them from getting the Chaos Emeralds.

#35 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
MarkeyJester made a hack of Sonic 1 where you play as Robotnik, and you capture Sonic's friends. However, since he left Retro as well, he probably won't be posting it here. :\ It's on SSRG and it's called "Dr. Robotnik's Creature Capture." (I honestly don't know why people keep leaving...)

#36 User is offline Retroman 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

• Gotta stalk fast!
  • Project:Sonic Advance Sonic Worlds

View PostRavenfreak, on 16 April 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

MarkeyJester made a hack of Sonic 1 where you play as Robotnik, and you capture Sonic's friends. However, since he left Retro as well, he probably won't be posting it here. :\ It's on SSRG and it's called "Dr. Robotnik's Creature Capture." (I honestly don't know why people keep leaving...)

Thanks! I'm a big Robotnik fan so I'll look that up :v:
This post has been edited by Retroman: 16 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

#37 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

WTF. I was waiting on this, and I had no idea he left. Thanks for the info.

#38 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

• something about something
  • Project:School, drawing, some third thing

View PostSparks, on 15 April 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

It still surprises me nobody has done a Rouge in Sonic 2 hack yet. There's at least a good start on this sheet, and it fits the style gorgeously.

Wow, that looks quite good. The only thing that bothers me is the wheel-of-feet sprites, although I guess that would sorta be hard to pull off with a character that wears tall boots. I think it would be better if the wheel-of-feet animatios was replaced with her flying low over the ground, sorta like Tails uses his tails to hover over the ground.

If only I knew to hack Sonic games properly (for some reason, I can't get the hand of SonED :/ )

#39 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

• 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Wiki edits:14,865
http://info.sonicret...onic_Hyperdrive

I made a page for Metal Sonic Hyperdrive also, it seems like a complete hack so it was probably worthy of a page. DARKON is working on updating his Metal Sonic in Sonic 2 hack also. He hasn't mentioned if he will finish the Sonic 3K one though.

#40 User is offline Darkon 

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostRavenfreak, on 16 April 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Darkon got banned from SSRG, and people complained about his screenshots. (He kept having a filter on everytime he took a screenshot, when the staff kept telling him to stop. He obviously didn't listen, and he pissed of Ordos iirc.) Other than that, his hacks don't seem bad at all, so I honestly don't get why people said they were awful over there. :\ And he's banned from here as well so he's not such a great guy. (And iirc he started an argument on Retrohack so yeah.) :v:

Just to let people know, he and I are not the same person :/ I don't really want to be associated with someone like that. (even if I do mostly lurk :v:)

And to be on topic, Professor Pickle made me genuinely laugh out loud, only thing more amusing would be an elderly lady with a zimmer frame travelling at the speed of sound.

#41 User is offline Arique 

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

• It's Just Business.

View PostGraxer, on 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostHinchy, on 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Related:

Wow! That is one of the best character swaps I have ever seen, and it works so flawlessly! It would be great to see Professor Pickle ported to Generations!

Kinda on-topic with this video: Sonic Unleashed Lead Music Composer Tomoya Ohtani tweeted about this hack.

#42 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

• 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Wiki edits:14,865

http://info.sonicret...reature_Capture

I added the hack to the wiki. Pretty fun but hard at first.

#43 User is offline Kharen 

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

*video*

So, why are we bothering with Sonic at this point? Obviously, the next time Eggman attacks, we could probably just get some random guy off the streets to go take care of it. (*speaking to homeless man* Hey buddy, I'll go get you a Big Mac if you go get rid of these robots for me.)

#44 User is offline Kampfer 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostMathUser, on 19 April 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

http://info.sonicret...reature_Capture

I added the hack to the wiki. Pretty fun but hard at first.

This game is pretty fun and nicely done. I got just about as much of a kick out of it as I did when I played Sonic 2 XL.

#45 User is offline Kiajinn 

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

• is a Badnik Battery
  • Project:16 Bit: Sleeping Egg Zone (Sonic Chaos)

View PostE-122-Psi, on 15 April 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm making Team Rose for Flamewing's S2 Heroes hack, for which Tikal will likely be the power character (due to lack of space for Big). We're working on a tweaked version of that sheet.

Posted Image

Otherwise I think a Tikal in Sonic 1 hack exists, if I remember correctly it was a strange florescent yellow sheet.

Yes there is a Tikal in Sonic 1 and it is painful to watch.
'Tikal' in Sonic 1

The original Sheet I made back when I had more aliases than there were Pokémon...
Was pretty good I guess back then, meh.
Posted Image

Loving to see all these hacks in one place, who knows maybe we will see Bark rear his forgotten head?
This post has been edited by Kiajinn: 24 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

• 5 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users