[23:11:10] <%Caitlin> "Hold right and win"
Hm. There's an idea. =P
So I was pondering a while ago while playing Sonic Generations that while Classic Sonic has the existing GHZ Adventure as a text adventure game, no-one's done anything for Modern. Let's fix that!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG IN: GREEN HILL ZONE ADVENTURE 1.10 - GENERATIONS EDITION
* Play as Modern Sonic, with a brand new storyline!
* Modern Sonic has new moves available at his disposal that Classic does not - Boost, Slide and Homing Attack your way through the level!
* Quick Time Events (sort of)!
* A hidden surprise for those who get to the end, as Modern, with 50 Rings...
* Some more Easter Eggs!
* For those who missed it the first time or just want to again, you can still play as Classic Sonic in the original 1.0 version of GHZ Adventure, with a couple of bug fixes since the last release.
* Also like the first release, the game still features no DRM whatsoever! In fact, GHZ:A is GPLv3!
Just like last time, you have a single goal - get Sonic to the end of the level and get the highest possible score. Collect rings, break open itemboxes, defeat badniks, fly into a massive pile of rings - it's all here, with a few tiny alterations to make it workable as a text adventure game.
I'd also like to thank ScarredSun for giving me the idea for the surprise, from her initial Retro wiki entry of Green Hill Zone Adventure. I'd actually thought about adding this even before the Modern idea came up - the extra character just adds a bit more content as a bonus. =P
Same installation notes as before:
* If you're on Windows and don't have Python installed, you'll want this one: http://overlord.digi...hza-110-exe.rar - download the RAR, extract the contents, and run the ghza.exe. Don't extract the zip that's inside the RAR - this will stop the interpreter working. It runs on Windows 7 with no issues I could see on the machine I tried it on - however if you're on an earlier OS you may need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) - there's a link on this page to the SP1 version, don't get that one. It contains the wrong version of MSVCR90.dll for this. I wouldn't bother with this unless you see a MSVCR90.dll error, though.
* If you're on Windows and DO have Python installed, are running Linux, or are a Macfag, you will want/need this one: http://overlord.digi...ca/ghza-110.rar - download, extract all, run ui.pyw. It's built against Python 2.6, also note you will need wxPython installed.