I'm not sure when I will release this, but it will probably be shortly after the hacking contest 2012 as I plan to enter it first time this year. Anyway, the levels.
This is the portal Zone. This is where you come to change/access levels, change characters or options.
The first level, West Bay Zone.
Dashhoops are in the game.
End level screen.
This is Great Gate Zone. StephenUK provided the art for this one so thanks to him. Instead of showing you pictures, here is a video that might interest you. It shows you what the level looks like, the new layer deformation, how the background changes when underwater, and how the sound system changes underwater (underwater sound driver by ValleyBell) Sorry for the crap quality
You may recognise this from Sonic Advance 3.
New shield. Does the same as the ordinary one, except it attracts rings.
New badnik alert. He just stands there. But when you get close…
He starts rolling towards you!
Tails is hurt!
And so are you! To destroy him, just jump or roll into him.
The CAZ block.
Push down on it and the block will move down slowly
Let go of down, then the block will move back to it's original position fast; shooting you into the air!
Another new badnik. Just don't hit the sides of him, and you'll be fine. He doesn't move. The platform can move in certain directs to reveal paths.
Gem Runway. The level where you can test your speed. See them little orbs in the foreground? They are all animated and pulse slowly.
Yes, that's right, I've created my own boss, and it took a lot of work. He's almost perfect, just one slight bug which rarely happens.
He fires red balls at you. They can hurt you unless you're jumping or rolling.
Jump at them, and they turn yellow. If the yellow ball hits Eggman…
It hurts him!
After a few hits and it goes into pinch mode, things get harder. He shoots a lot more at a time, and starts throwing spiked balls, that hurt you no matter what!
Other levels in progress:
Yes, the lightning is animated
Here is another video! This shows you how the bosses work in S2R. That they have pinch mode, and that all bosses have changed in some way! This demonstrates EHZ (showing you act1, 2 and 3, and ARZ act 3). Also shows you that the bosses explode differently
Video is here, I cannot post another media: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGada1Ni5sI Again, sorry for the crap quality
And one more video. Showing off how Sonic's burst works. Because of the crap quality again (sorry), you don't see his burst to his full potential, but you get the idea: www.youtube.com/watch?v=d68PQiLPero
- S3K object manager (with the help of Module)
- S3K touch_response (Module)
- Optimised objectmove, objectmoveandfall, and animate_sprite, bringing even more performance.
- Fade in and out properly (instead of fading all red, all blue, all green, it does it all at the same time) (MarkeyJester)
- You can go back to the portal by hitting the back logo in any level in any act
- Sonic and Tails, Sonic alone, Tails alone, Knuckles alone, Knuckles and Tails, Sonic and Knuckles, redhotsonic
- When Sonic and Knuckles, if you lose Knuckles, instead of him gliding back in for his respawn, he just drops in (look at the burst video link above and you'll see what I mean)
- Time over = on or off
- When you die, instead of the level restarting, the camera zooms to the beginning (or checkpoint) and spawns you there instead
- New music and SFX (thanks, ValleyBell). Some other music is done by SOTI.
- Sonic (only) has a burst mode (keep running fast for a long time)
- Tails can fly (and swim) and can carry others. When Tails is flying, press B and he will do a quick drop
- Knuckles can glide and climb
- Attract-ring sheild (as well as normal shield)
- Sonic does his celebration pose at the end of the act, rather than run off the screen
- New badniks and obects, including barriers, doorways, platforms and even a speedboat!
- When standing not pressing anything, before Sonic goes into his waiting animation, he will blink and tap his foot. Knuckles will also blink and shake his fists. Tails originally blinked in S2 anyway.
- Brand new layer deformations
- When Sonic jumps, press jump again and he will do a mid-air dash (beats the over-used homing-attack)
- ? ring monitor. Hit it and you'll randomly get either 1, 5, 10, 20 or 40 rings.
- Anything else I may of forgotten
Also, a lot of you may recognise this splash screen, but mine has been slightly modified to use redhotsonic instead, thanks to Markeyjester.
Questions, comments, criticism is welcome. And thanks to people who have helped me get this far.