The fact that Sonic is in the center doesn't give me that much trouble, anyway I guess you're right. I'll look into it... Moving it down will require some work, though.
Are you willj168 on youtube? You said you had some suggestions to give... Please do it now
1) Allow the player to start turning as soon as the stage loads in. As it is, the move and first turn is at the same time, which is BAD if your route is planned to start other than the direction you face.
2) Allow the player to turn as they hit a bumper. I understand this allows 'snaking' through a bumper field, but it's invaluable if you get caught between bumpers.
3) Similarly, transitioning from going backwards to forwards by pressing Up is meant to have a several-frame pause, not instantaneous. This will throw timings off.
4) When completing a stage, the original allows you to queue a turn that will be executed upon hitting the last blue sphere. This is useless, but adding it in would show faithfulness to the original.
5) Also, when finishing a stage moving backwards (as S&K 4 requires, as does S&K 7 when getting a Perfect), there appear to be two phases. The player starts moving forward again after the 'surface clearing' phase, as it switches to the 'emerald collection' phase.
6) In S&KStage7.dat, the ring at 10,13 is supposed to be a yellow sphere. Ring count for perfect is thus meant to be lowered to 57.
7) Also in S&KStage7, the group (actually -pair- of groups) at 22,20 to 24,26 is meant to transform all at once while walking left from 26,23. Currently, only one group changes to rings, and it required hitting the last blue sphere in the second group to change it as well.
These are little things that need a fix. Thank you very much, sir! The point 7 quite surprised me, I've always done that group by jumping over the middle blue sphere.
Anyway, guys, there's another thing that no one noticed. The rings counter starts from zero, and it does so even in the S&K special stages, while in Blue Spheres starts from the perfect value and then goes down. I think that the way it is now makes the game a little harder. What do you think about? Should I make different behaviors for the Custom Stage and Blue Spheres play?