Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Turbo SuperSonic 3 in Sonic 2: V1.2 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Turbo SuperSonic 3 in Sonic 2: V1.2 Update from the last version

#16 User is offline King 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Super Saiyan 3 Sonic! Neat. Though it'd probably be wise at some point to amend the copyright to include 1992 and 2012 with Sega still being mentioned (in addition to yourself). Also, did you fix the Super Sonic bug at the end of acts?

#17 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
I think your new sprites are what is causing the graphical glitches. Looks like Turbo SS uses more tiles, so the new ones are overflowing in VRAM messing up other objects. Try moving his DPLC to a free VRAM space and see if that works. Your sprite skills are nice btw, and this is an interesting concept. :)
This post has been edited by Ravenfreak: 19 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

#18 User is offline Hez 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27
I'm downloading this out of pure amusement...nothing more

EDIT: I'm torn there is no download link...but the screenshots alone gave me a giggle.
This post has been edited by Hez: 19 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

#19 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

• Elite Hacker
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostRavenfreak, on 19 March 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

I think your new sprites are what is causing the graphical glitches. Looks like Turbo SS uses more tiles, so the new ones are overflowing in VRAM messing up other objects. Try moving his DPLC to a free VRAM space and see if that works. Your sprite skills are nice btw, and this is an interesting concept. :)

This being a Sonic 2 hack, Sonic's VRAM space is directly before Tails' VRAM space; unless Tails is thoroughly glitched first, Sonic has no way of corrupting other sprites.

#20 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

I though it was funny, the supersonic bug is fixed, but I can't seem to move DPLC to another variable, I'm very noobish when it comes to that matter. This is the reason why I wish to have help.

#21 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

update: http://i44.tinypic.com/a4lqqc.jpg
I changed the DPLC to the original, but I still get the issue either way. Could the issue be because I have attempted to edit the Sign posts or the EHZ boss its self?

#22 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

• Elite Hacker
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12
The problem there (one of them, anyway) is that there is a signpost in EHZ2 due to competition mode. You want to make sure that (1) the signpost deletes itself in this case (it should unless you removed the code that does it) and (2) make sure the signpost only loads its art if it is on-screen and going to be displayed.

#23 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Okay thank you, I'll be sure to find the code and comment out the routine that loads 2p EHZ's sign because I will be disabling the 2p mode completely.

#24 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostMike B Berry, on 23 March 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Okay thank you, I'll be sure to find the code and comment out the routine that loads 2p EHZ's sign because I will be disabling the 2p mode completely.

Once again: thanks, I fixed the bug. but now I am going to add a code that loads the actual sign art at the end of act 1 (and 2 for Metropolis.)

#25 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostMike B Berry, on 23 March 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostMike B Berry, on 23 March 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Once again: thanks, I fixed the bug. but now I am going to add a code that loads the actual sign art at the end of act 1 (and 2 for Metropolis.)

Edit: Never mind, the other bosses are garbage. for some reason the boss interacts with the sign heads, if I get rid of the sub routine on the "LevelEnd_SetSignpost" or edit it, the signs turn to garbage and the boss runs normally, Is their a way that I can either add a subroutine to the signs LC or is their an extra code that I should put on EHZ2's code or boss?

#26 User is offline Puto 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

• Shin'ichi Kudō, detective.
  • Project:Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  • Wiki edits:51

View PostSonic Boom, on 15 March 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Is Team Megamix aware that you're using their Sonic end-of-level signpost? If they aren't, they might not be too happy to find out someone's using their content without their permission.
Indeed. Please to be removing the signpost. I don't recall any of us giving you permission to use that.

#27 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostPuto, on 25 March 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostSonic Boom, on 15 March 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Is Team Megamix aware that you're using their Sonic end-of-level signpost? If they aren't, they might not be too happy to find out someone's using their content without their permission.
Indeed. Please to be removing the signpost. I don't recall any of us giving you permission to use that.

Way ahead of you, check out http://i44.tinypic.com/a4lqqc.jpg, although it is hard to see, it was changed before the bug occured, sorry for the post, that was way before I posted it in it's new design.

#28 User is offline Jaseman 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

• The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer!
  • Project:Some unamed Sonic hack
  • Wiki edits:16
can you post a ROM? Just whatever you have is fine. I wanna give this a go :V

#29 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yeah I really wanna give this a try. We could really help by pointing out bugs and things that could use a fix.

#30 User is offline Mike B Berry 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Here you go guys; EHZ act 2 can be activated in debug. the code is 03, 16, 20, 12. Turbo SuperSonic 3

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users