Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Boom 2012 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Boom 2012 Tickets on Sale March 19th

#1 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

• つづく
  • Project:Drinking all the caffeine in the world, one cup at a time.
  • Wiki edits:6
http://blogs.sega.co...ale-march-19th/

Sonic Boom Tickets On Sale March 19th
Last month, on Hedgehog Day, we announced that Sonic Boom would be held on Friday, July 13, 2012 from 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM at the House of Blues in San Diego, CA (during San Diego Comic Con). Today, we're pleased to announce that tickets for Sonic Boom will go on sale this coming Monday, March 19th at 10:00 AM Pacific Time exclusively through TicketMaster.

We don't want to give away all the surprises we have in store for you at Sonic Boom, but I'll let you in on one — Crush 40, along with special guests Jean Paul and Alex Makhlouf from Cash Cash, will be playing live! Rock out to your favorite Sonic songs along with an audience full of other fans. Of course that's just one exciting part of Sonic Boom… but trust me, it's going to be a night you don't want to miss.

Why are tickets going on sale so early?

We know that many of you will be traveling to San Diego to attend this event, and will therefore need a hotel room. During Comic Con, most hotel rooms are reserved through the convention's hotel room lottery, which is opening on March 29, 2012. We're selling tickets early so you can know for sure you have a ticket for Sonic Boom before you book your hotel room.

What's Different This Year?

We're doing things a bit differently this year, and we wanted to take a few moments to explain why, and what you need to know about the tickets for this year's Sonic Boom.

Last year, we distributed tickets for free. As a result of this, we saw people grabbing up large numbers of tickets simply because they could, with no intention to use them. This made our planning more difficult as we couldn't get an accurate headcount as a result, and many fans that wanted to come felt that they could not, because they didn't have a ticket.

This year, our tickets are being sold through TicketMaster, which is the ticket vendor for the House of Blues. Second, we are charging a small fee per ticket this year — $15 for the ticket and a $5 TicketMaster fee, for a total of $20 per ticket. However, we're also providing you with more than we did last year — there will be free food at the event (instead of for purchase, like last year), and each ticket holder will get 2 drink tickets that you can redeem for a drink at the bar. (You must be 21 or older with proper ID to redeem your tickets for alcohol.) It is our hope that this system results in more accurate records for us, more available tickets for fans, and a great Sonic-filled evening for everyone.

Last year, we had a separate line for people who wanted to get into Sonic Boom but didn't have tickets. We did this because of the problem we mentioned before — we didn't have an accurate headcount, and we wanted to let in as many people as we could. This year, we will NOT have a line for people without tickets. You must have a purchased ticket through TicketMaster to enter Sonic Boom. Although the event is held during San Diego Comic Con, you do not need a Comic Con badge to get into Sonic Boom.

Finally, although the event is being held during San Diego Comic Con this year, you DO NOT need a Comic Con badge to enter Sonic Boom. As long as you've got your purchased TicketMaster ticket and your ID, you're set!

TL;DR Version

• Sonic Boom 2012 – Friday, July 13, 2012 from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM (during San Diego Comic Con)
  • House of Blues – San Diego, CA
  • Tickets go on sale Monday, March 19th, 2012 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time for $20 each ($15 + $5 TicketMaster fee)
  • Open to all ages!
  • You must have a ticket to enter, but you do not need a Comic Con badge
  • Food and 2 drinks provided (you must be 21 or older with proper ID to drink alcohol)
  • Crush 40 with special guests John Paul and Alex Makhlouf from Cash Cash will be playing!

We can't wait to see all of you in San Diego!

So, anyone thinking of attending? I MAY be going to SDCC (Provided I can afford the airfare. Already have the passes.) and by this virtue I MAY be attending. =)
This post has been edited by Aesculapius Piranha: 14 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

#2 User is offline Kilometers Prower 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

• no mater wot medoner ses
  • Wiki edits:12
I'd love to go, and I actually am financially capable of making the trip unlike last year. Too bad I'm getting married the week after and my fiancee wouldn't appreciate me ditching her. :P

#3 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

• Model2B Junkie
  • Project:Sonic the Fighters ... Always
I've got my SDCC ticket, but I don't know what programming SDCC is going to even have on the 13th... 5pm to 10pm is a pretty big block. Then again, it IS Sonic related, so it might take precedence... Also, I'm not going to lie, that's a pretty crappy walk from the convention center itself to the house of blues. It may not seem far, but during SDCC, everything over there is going to be packed and chaotic.

#4 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
Come on, they got to have some East Coast love. This isn't the UK where you can easily take a train over. Going to LA would costs 100s of dollars for the flight alone, let alone hotel and stuff.

#5 User is online JaxTH 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
FFFFFFF-

Must get money, must get money.

#6 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

• Что, вы ожидали что-то остроумное?
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Vagugely related: any news on how SoS is doing it, if they're charging for tickets to Boom this year? I'm not opposed to the idea at all, just would like to know incase the ticket-acquiring window is as short as it was last time...

#7 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

• Wiki edits:136
Not this time, I'm already locked down for Power Morphicon, Bound For Glory, and my friend's wedding. :/

#8 User is offline Lambda 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

• Project:Sonic Theta
WHY IS ALL OF THE COOL STUFF ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY FROM MEE?

...And that is all the whineing I will do on this thread. :P

#9 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

• Classier than you'll ever be.
  • Project:オノマトペ大臣
  • Wiki edits:381

View PostKilometers Prower, on 14 March 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'd love to go, and I actually am financially capable of making the trip unlike last year. Too bad I'm getting married the week after and my fiancee wouldn't appreciate me ditching her. :P

I'd say bring her along, but after what I saw last year at Sonic Boom and the prompt retro response of "I need a drink or ten", she'll probably change her mind about marrying a FREAK. :colbert:

I'm going to have to see if another Cali trip is in order here for me. I've dropped quite a bit of coin for Wrestlemania. If anything, I'm in the middle of organizing a small "Retromania" Miami meet up.

Stay tuned on that. If anything, I'm less excited about Sonic Boom itself (it sounds like it will likely be a rehash of last year) than the Official Sonic Consortium Boombecue, brought to you by Sonic Stadium, Sonic Retro, and famous recording artist Pat Benatar.

#10 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

• GOTH GOTH GOTH
  • Project:Conquering the games industry
  • Wiki edits:36,091
Boombecue.

Saturday, July 14. San Diego. Be there (or don't be if you're a creepy manchild.)

Posted Image

#11 User is online JaxTH 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
Ticket GET!

FUCK YEAH BITCHES! Boombecue all up in this bitch!

#12 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

• Model2B Junkie
  • Project:Sonic the Fighters ... Always
Got mine.

Retro Gathering somewhere before the show, anyone? Well, depending on SDCC schedules, that is...

#13 User is offline Metal Man88 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

• Time Traveller
  • Wiki edits:46
I am not that far from this but with no car or convenient transportation it may as well be very far away from me. :v:

#14 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

• つづく
  • Project:Drinking all the caffeine in the world, one cup at a time.
  • Wiki edits:6
So are there any details for this boombacue other than when and vaguely where?

#15 User is offline Nova 

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

• what did you say, motherfucker
  • Wiki edits:17

View PostOverlord, on 14 March 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Vagugely related: any news on how SoS is doing it, if they're charging for tickets to Boom this year? I'm not opposed to the idea at all, just would like to know incase the ticket-acquiring window is as short as it was last time...

As far as I've heard from Svend on Facebook, SoS is remaining free-to-enter. Pre-registration should work very similarly to the previous events, too. No doubt it'll be shorter this year as demand goes up but as soon as it's a-go, I'll be making a thread here anyway.

Really wish I could get to America sometime to check out Boom, though. :(

• 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users