Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Now SatAM is on Netflix. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Now SatAM is on Netflix.

#1 User is offline OKei 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

• OKeijiDragon
  • Project:Learning how to wash my face.
  • Wiki edits:11
If for no other reason, I saw no topic made for this animated series here. I haven't seen this show in a looooong time.

http://movies.netfli...Series/70061938

Sonic The Hedgehog
TV-Y7
26 Episodes

As this series unfolds, Sonic the Hedgehog is charged with leading a group of freedom fighters against the evil Dr. Robotnik, a scientist who's reduced planet Mobius to a breeding ground for pollution and corruption.

Now that leaves Sonic X and that OVA, which are equally unlikely to show up on Netflix due to probable licensing issues (different dub studios and all). I'd love to be proven wrong though!

#2 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

• "We'll Be Like Torches! Torches Together!"
Neat! It's nice to see the series be released in its entirety legally :)

#3 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
Happy cliffhangers that will never be resolved kids!

#4 User is offline MastaSys 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

• The nightmares? They never go away.
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostJaxTH, on 07 March 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

Happy cliffhangers that will never be resolved kids!
Naugus (or whatever is the red eyed dude) kill Snivelly and goes on vacation.
Everybody lives happy forever.

THE END

#5 User is offline Dan Genesis 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

• As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute sonic-penquin thing
  • Project:KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
  • Wiki edits:321
And yet, AoStH Robonik, not to mention Scratch and Grounder, are on the box art...

#6 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
I saw this back when the DVD came out a few years ago and rewatching it now I'm surprised how much I've already forgotten. For example.

#7 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5
I grew a new appreciation for this series once I owned the DVDs.

AoSTH used to be my favorite...but that was before I matured and grew to love coherent storylines. AoSTH is the source of the horrible "Monster of the Week" syndrome. But I can't unlove the sillyness!

#8 User is offline Caniad Bach 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

• Has blue arms

View PostDan Genesis, on 07 March 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

And yet, AoStH Robonik, not to mention Scratch and Grounder, are on the box art...

That's brilliant, I recently got the AoStH box set, which consistently uses SatAM artwork XD.

#9 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Oh good, I can listen to Snively say "MAAAARGARIIIIINEE!" once again in that hilarious scene in Spy Hog :v:

Or I can watch the whole bit again here :specialed:

#10 User is offline Jay T. 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

• Mark Nutt~!
Unfortunately, Netflix kind of screwed up the episode listing a bit (no worse than AoStH, thankfully). They pretty much merged the two seasons into one, and all the episodes for Season 1 are out of order, but the Season 2 episodes are in the right order. I just finished watching it a couple of nights ago, since I never did finish the series years ago, and I gotta say I was very impressed. Did make me sad though reading up that they did plan to go further, but never did. Although, I gotta admit Rotor's changes in designs were a bit...odd. But hey, fun to finally finish it. ^^

EDIT - I do kind of wonder though, how similar is the comics to the cartoon? I know they share a lot of stuff, but I never knew what.
This post has been edited by Jay T.: 07 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

#11 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

The comic uses all of the main characters and settings of SatAM. But once the show was cancelled, they took advantage of the creative freedom and took a lot of liberties with the source material. Honestly, besides those old characters, the comic is totally unrecognizable as being tied to the show.

#12 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5
His name escapes me, but I remember reading that the man responsible for the series had some plans in the works to resolve the story. He unfortunately passed away not to long ago. He was extremely passionate about the series even up to recent times. Quexnos knows more about this than anything. I hate playing the game of telephone (while on my phone) but there is a thread which houses all of this information.
This post has been edited by XCubed: 07 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

#13 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostXCubed, on 07 March 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

His name escapes me, but I remember reading that the man responsible for the series had some plans in the works to resolve the story. He unfortunately passed away not to long ago. He was extremely passionate about the series even up to recent times. Quexnos knows more about this than anything. I hate playing the game of telephone (while on my phone) but there is a thread which houses all of this information.

Yeah, his name was Ben Hurst and he was passionate and trying to figure out a way to revive the series it seems right up until he died. It's a shame his dream wasn't reached before he passed. I'd love to know what he had in mind.

#14 User is offline Epsilonsama 

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

• THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE!
  • Wiki edits:7

View PostTheKazeblade, on 07 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Yeah, his name was Ben Hurst and he was passionate and trying to figure out a way to revive the series it seems right up until he died. It's a shame his dream wasn't reached before he passed. I'd love to know what he had in mind.

What he died?! When did that happened? Its really sad, I always wanted to see a conclusion to SatAM.

#15 User is offline Billy 

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

• RIP Oderus Urungus
  • Project:retrooftheweek.net - Give it a visit and tell me what you think!
  • Wiki edits:15

View PostCaniad Bach, on 07 March 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

That's brilliant, I recently got the AoStH box set, which consistently uses SatAM artwork XD.

This seems to be a pretty consistent thing with media involving those two shows. For example, the Sonic Look and Find book has characters from SatAM, but also has Scratch and Grounder and AoStH Robotnik. They probably shouldn't have had two shows running at the same time, really.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users