Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Stuff I've gotten from the Sonic 3 music team. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Stuff I've gotten from the Sonic 3 music team. Including direct quotes.

#16 User is offline Dissident93 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Will this thread be deleted, though? We should at least put this small amount of info in the wiki before it is.

#17 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

• Project:Playing Wii U - ADD ME.
  • Wiki edits:5
I wouldn't feel bad about it. You did a good job mate, Moderator has a point though. However, the way you gathered this information wasn't all too much intrusive, at least you did it in a sensible manner. Unfortunately it looks like Bobby Brooks has some rubbish going on, and obviously can't type either. Not everyone is here to make friends, he's obviously not, so don't worry. At least we've got this far with information and I find it fascinating. I would hope this thread it not deleted, and we should definitely store this information in a safer place.

Edit; Sorry Katsu, I haven't ever seen you here before, how wierd. You must not come on here often, or at least post here often, so I didn't know your name without looking.
This post has been edited by SpeedStarTMQ: 12 February 2012 - 04:20 AM

#18 User is offline LOst 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

• Sonic 2 HD - Lead Programmer
  • Wiki edits:2
There is only one way to get to the truth, and that's to ask the people. That's what Dissident93 has done. How it was done, I don't care. Sonic 3 is why we are here.

Bobby Brooks did at least reply! When I asked him about Sonic 3 back in 2002 (I don't have the mail anymore, but I posted the info at Sonic Classic back then), he didn't even respond. This time he gave us enough information to say things are going down!

Keep up your good work Dissident93! :)

#19 User is offline Yuzoboy 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Im sure people from the sound team recieved dozens of messages from people who simply say thanks or ask about their inspirations and influences.
However, if there is a lawsuit about to go on regarding Sonic 3, all they can do is try and be on the safe side and keep quiet to avoid anyone trying to secretly meddle in their affairs. Its understandable, but I must agree that you have to ask to get this kind of information as it happened a long time ago and most people would not majorly care anymore. But it must be done in moderation to avoid annoyance and a stalking manner, as that does get annoying...Language also must be generally subtle and natural instead of 'intrustive' in nature.

But the bottom line, if asking known answers to questions violates the forum code of conduct, then it cannot be posted on the forum. Its a difficult one to manage, as you don't know what is known until you have a detailed read of the website.

Thank you for the effort Dissident93.
This post has been edited by Yuzoboy: 12 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

#20 User is offline Sik 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

• Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostKatzu Niku, on 12 February 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

We've had far too many people attempting this multiple times to the disdain of Sonic Retro as a site.
Just Sonic Retro? More like entire fanbases. Some of these people may even end up thinking every fan in the world (Sonic or not) is like this and will avoid them like the plague.

View PostYuzoboy, on 12 February 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

However, if there is a lawsuit about to go on regarding Sonic 3, all they can do is try and be on the safe side and keep quiet to avoid anyone trying to secretly meddle in their affairs.
Not to mention that it may be illegal for them to disclose information that isn't already public...

#21 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

• art.
  • Project:Blog Squirrel
  • Wiki edits:20,569
It's nice to get one or two useful bits of information, but it would be far better to conduct a proper, well-thought out interview and have someone get this stuff done on behalf of Sonic Retro. Maybe even get someone to meet these guys face to face, rather than have a procession of random internet users stalking them on facebook or whatever. Then you could buy them a drink or something.

The digital age means these people are easy to find and contact, but that's not an excuse to find and contact them. Not everyone wants that noise.

#22 User is offline Metal Man88 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

• Time Traveller
  • Wiki edits:46
The main reason for the "Don't bug them" is that it gets only small snippets of data and wears the people in question out quickly, often permanently.

On the other hand, had proper interviews been scheduled, we would have gotten 10x the information, while ensuring we also asked the people about whatever it is they care about most rather than going "Sonic Sonic SONICCCCC" and making them more likely to answer other interviews in the future.

#23 User is offline Scarred Sun 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

• GOTH GOTH GOTH
  • Project:Conquering the games industry
  • Wiki edits:36,091
I have stated publicly in the past not to do this, largely for the reasons Metal Man and Katzu Niku outlined, so don't do it. We're happy to talk to the people we know (including people who —gasp— aren't on the record and prefer not to be) but it needs to be coordinated and not ten million fans just being annoying.

Now, I'm going to close this, and this is a final warning for anyone else who think they cute and gonna just talk to devs:you ain't cute.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users