Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 1 prototype images - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic 1 prototype images Both topics now merged together

#31 User is offline SteelBrush 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

• 603e
  • Project:Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
I thought it said "Ho Ho" but the larger version clearly says "Go Go"

#32 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

• Also known as RHS
  • Project:Sonic 2 Recreation
  • Wiki edits:24

View PostHendricks 266, on 09 February 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostDavid The Lurker, on 09 February 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

:words:

I think he was being sarcastic...

I thought he was being sarcastic too =P

View PostOerg866, on 09 February 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

I thought it said "Hatin"

:P

I also thought it said Hatin, but looking at it closely, I think it does say "Go, Go"

#33 User is offline Metal Man88 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

• Time Traveller
  • Wiki edits:46

View PostAerosolSP, on 09 February 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Why don't we ask Yuji Naka? Oshima or something?

Allow me to quote your signature.

AerosolSP said:

No.

These people have better things to do with their time than answer questions like "oh man this screenshot is blurry what did it really say want to know if I'm right." They do not need to be harrased by a million people over small questions. Besides, there are far more important questions that could be asked.

I'm sorry, but I just get annoyed when everyone's first line of thought is to immediately ask someone who worked on a game 20 years ago to recall, in vivid detail, the smallest details of a project. Especially when the way they are suggesting it is just "hey if we come up with something we can ask IMMEDIATELY." I know the Internet allows instantaneous communication, but let us use our heads when it comes to these matters.

You missed it when the other guy talked to Yuji Naka the other topic... his post was the sarcastic reference to when people began bugging Yuji Naka about the fake in the other topic.

Also, I'm pretty sure that sign says "Go Go", with a space and such.

Still, nice images.

#34 User is offline LocalH 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

• roxoring your soxors
  • Project:MDEM - Genesis programming stufz
  • Wiki edits:3
He was making a joke and reference to the works of H.P. Lovecraft. I'm not even that familiar with Lovecraft's work and I got that. :P

#35 User is offline Rokkan 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

• Wiki edits:4

View PostMeat Miracle, on 09 February 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

all I could think is this

http://www.youtube.c...w50Uf8M&t=0m18s

Also are those screens from the Sonic 1 Beta Remake hack, or was that hack just way too spot-on? They look like they could be replicated in that hack, so I'm a bit skeptical.
This post has been edited by Rokkan: 09 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

#36 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?

Allow me to quote your signature.

AerosolSP said:

No.

These people have better things to do with their time than answer questions like "oh man this screenshot is blurry what did it really say want to know if I'm right." They do not need to be harrased by a million people over small questions. Besides, there are far more important questions that could be asked.

I'm sorry, but I just get annoyed when everyone's first line of thought is to immediately ask someone who worked on a game 20 years ago to recall, in vivid detail, the smallest details of a project. Especially when the way they are suggesting it is just "hey if we come up with something we can ask IMMEDIATELY." I know the Internet allows instantaneous communication, but let us use our heads when it comes to these matters.

I was being sarcastic.

#37 User is offline Meat Miracle 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

• Wiki edits:2

And what's the point of asking him anyway? If he replies, what you'll get is likely "Ah, I remember how we had to change so many things on this level. Oh the nostalgia.". Nothing that would tell us anything we don't know.

#38 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
I think you may have missed where I just said I was being sarcastic, like how I missed how three people told David I was probably being sarcastic before I wrote my response the way I did.

#39 User is offline David The Lurker 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

• For some mysterious reason...
  • Wiki edits:1,239

View PostAerosolSP, on 09 February 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic.

..oh.

I'm usually better at detecting that sort of thing. Guess I was just in a mood because of the exact same thing you were poking fun at. So allow me to apologize, sir.

#40 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

• Wiki edits:4
It clearly says GaGa. SEGA obviously predicted the coming of Lady Gaga when they were working on Sonic 1. I don't know where the fuck you idiots get these other ideas.

I feel like I've seen these before though, especially the Marble Zone screenshot. Did either of these screenshots appear in other magazines, or there is the rare chance I've seen this magazine.

#41 User is offline Hitaxas 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

• SEGA: Sorry Classic Sonic, we are sending you back to 1994
  • Project:Sonic: Super Deformed (head director) - Slowly working on it.
  • Wiki edits:196

View PostSkaarg, on 10 February 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

It clearly says GaGa. SEGA obviously predicted the coming of Lady Gaga when they were working on Sonic 1. I don't know where the fuck you idiots get these other ideas.

LOL, I was thinking of posting this hours ago. But I didn't hoping that the topic would stay on...topic?

#42 User is offline Vangar 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

• Winrar?
  • Project:Heroic Multimedia
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostSkaarg, on 10 February 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

I feel like I've seen these before though, especially the Marble Zone screenshot. Did either of these screenshots appear in other magazines, or there is the rare chance I've seen this magazine.

SegaGaga ? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segagaga
This post has been edited by Vangar: 10 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

#43 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community

View PostVangar, on 10 February 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Maybe one of the Devs of Segagaga was playing his Sonic 1 beta cart and saw the "Gaga" sign and thought of the title of his newest game.

#44 User is offline SonicGenesis89 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

• ソニックメンバー Sonikkumenbā
I think it says "Go Go". You can make out the "G" in one of the close ups and there's a space indicating two separate words. I really like the font style the early prototype had for all the strange signs in Spring Yard / Sparkling Zone and the sign in Green Hill. I liked the more funky and trippy aspect the original was kind of aiming for. What would have been really cool too is if there was a "Welcome" like sign for each zone with a little design on it indicating the level. For example you had Green Hill's Welcome and the palm tree design next to it and if you went to say Marble you would see another sign designed differently with maybe a UFO design next to it since it featured UFO's in its early conception. I don't know I think that would have been a pretty neat idea, also maybe the signs would say different things in different levels?

One of those pictures have been on the net before but never in this great of quality. Thank you so much for taking the time to find the pictures and scanning / posting them. The more images of the earlier builds the better. :)

Posted Image

#45 User is offline McAleeCh 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

• Wiki edits:27
Wow, this is pretty amazing. I didn't think we were ever likely to get any genuine new information on this early Sonic 1 tech demo! Finding out that there are two brand new screenshots out there, along with another shot of the title screen, is absolutely incredible. = D

Really looking forward to seeing these when the BEEP scans are uploaded. = )
This post has been edited by McAleeCh: 10 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

• 16 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users