Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Bubblegum Trading Cards - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Bubblegum Trading Cards some 18 year old nostalgia!

#16 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

• Classier than you'll ever be.
  • Project:オノマトペ大臣
  • Wiki edits:381
I got a few of these with the little pink Game Gear case too. It still smells like bubble gum inside. Pictures later tonight of the ones I have.

I admit I've wanted to see the whole collection compiled and scanned online, even if the tips aren't the best and the artwork is uninspired.

#17 User is offline Clutch 

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

• It was a dark and stormy night...
  • Project:making all his nowhere plans for nobody.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostSelbi, on 09 January 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

The card in the very middle gained my attention; a sideways spikewall! And since these cards were produced after the game was released, so there's no excuse.

Sonic seems to be facing death with dignity, since that chain should be pulling up.

#18 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

• Wiki edits:18

The card in the very middle gained my attention; a sideways spikewall! And since these cards were produced after the game was released, so there's no excuse.
That's very old news... I believe these are the same cards with the Splats artwork.

#19 User is offline David The Lurker 

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

• For some mysterious reason...
  • Wiki edits:1,239

View PostThe Shad, on 09 January 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

The real question here is..

Do you still have the bubble gum?

Posted Image

You know you want to take a bite ;)

...on second thought, no, you don't. Though to be fair, it still smells like bubblegum. Doesn't feel that way, but it certainly smells. I accidentally tasted some powdered remains taking that, as well...

#20 User is offline Ayla 

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

• I shat on your desk ^^
  • Project:Hacking Contest, S.H.I.T.
  • Wiki edits:67

View PostGeneHF, on 09 January 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

I admit I've wanted to see the whole collection compiled and scanned online, even if the tips aren't the best and the artwork is uninspired.

Ultimately, that's what I was hoping to accomplish out of this. It always seemed to me that the wiki attempted to document everything Sonic and I figured having a full collection of scanned cards online would bring us one step closer to that impossible goal.

I've found about six or seven cards now, all s&k, sonic 3, or sonic chaos. I had forgotten about the sonic spinball cards for the game gear. I'm fairly certain that the sonic 2 gg, sonic spinball, and triple trouble (I think I remember that being in there) cards I had have long since been lost or thrown out. I'd love to see what all the cards had to say, though. =) It makes me happy that there are others here that still have some of these cards :D

#21 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

• Wiki edits:136

No excuse for what, exactly?

#22 User is offline NomadTW 

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

• I ain't gotta impress you fucks.

View PostPicklePower, on 09 January 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

It's probably relevant to note that these cards are in a separate collection from these cards (which I have all except for one Posted Image). These ones did not come with gum:

Posted Image

Haha that middle card there. He just doesn't give a flying fuck about those spikes.

But yeah, I remember these! I got my Dad to buy me one pack because of the Game Gear casing. (I really, really wanted one at the time. Got a Nomad instead for Christmas. The irony here is that I hated it and still wanted a GG. How young and stupid I was! :specialed:.) The gum tasted like ass, if I recall correctly. Probably threw away/lost the casing and cards within days, however. I'd upload mine if I still had them. :(

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users