Alright, since we're in the run-up to SAGE, I figured I might as well try and continue working on the C2 engine and polish it up as much as I can first. DW said he might help out, who knows, we might be able to nip some of the more annoying problems in the bud. So, yeah, new release. Links are in my last post. Release 99 is required.
- All monitors work properly now, work-around made so they can be solid
- Bubble shield works now
- Insta-shield implemented
- Several sound effects added, as well as music
- Water fully implemented (bubbles, drowning, etc.) It's not using the "water level" implementation like in Worlds, but it's a bit more flexible in some ways, as you're not limited to a body of water for your level design. I'll probably include the original water level implementation at a later date, though it's hardly necessary right now.
- Speed shoes implemented
- Invincibility implemented
- Super Form implemented
- Moving platforms
- Other gimmicks
- Probably changing Sonic's sprites to Sonic 3 sprites rather than Advance sprites, for consistency
And in other Construct 2 news, Release 100 is coming in August, which will feature:
- Full native iOS and Android export options (probably)
- WebGL shaders and CSS filter effects
- Windows destop export (using Awesomium, even faster than running games in Chrome), and possibly Mac and Lunix desktop application export as well.
Which will come with an increase in the license prices, mainly due to C2's increasing capabilities and, as of R100, release to a rather diverse range of platforms. All things considered, I think it's rather reasonable.
Oh, and the most recent releases now have actual image editor features. Sweet.