Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic can't seem to find good auto insurance - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...
 

Sonic can't seem to find good auto insurance and then Progressive

#31 User is offline SmashX5000 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

  • Simply Smashing
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 23-June 11
  • Location:Below Canada
  • Project:I'm working on a cartoon based on the Genesis games called Sonic Boom.
I've gotta say, I really like the animation of Sonic in this. It looks really well done and, even though he's in a place with real humans, he doesn't look out of place. Not to mention the cartoony, Unleashed-styled versions of the humans in the end. It was all very nice... wow am I really talking about how well made a commercial was?

As others have said, it's nice to see him in something relevant outside of gaming again.

#32 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

  • Posts: 2842
  • Joined: 26-January 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento, CA
  • Wiki edits:136

View PostFuzzballFox, on 06 January 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

View PostSik, on 06 January 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Sonic Drift?

Sega All-stars Racing?

Don't forget SA1 and SA2. Of course, there's also Heroes. :v:

#33 User is offline MastaSys 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

  • The nightmares? They never go away.
  • Posts: 485
  • Joined: 31-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:3
So Eggman's Classic&Adventure design is how Sonic and Co. look at him and 06 is how he really looks? :v:

I kid... I kid...

Also that Sonic 3 music....
This post has been edited by MastaSys: 07 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

#34 User is offline Runner 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

  • Long time no see, old friend.
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 24-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brazil
  • Wiki edits:15
So, from Sonic's point of view, he see the people in Unleashed's Style? That's nice!

#35 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

  • don't get butthurt if your get memed on
  • Posts: 3635
  • Joined: 19-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Winnipeg, MB
  • Project:Music for various projects.
  • Wiki edits:1
I dunno about you guys, but I was cringing like a motherfucker and getting embarrassment shivers the whole time. But to each their own.

#36 User is offline MastaSys 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

  • The nightmares? They never go away.
  • Posts: 485
  • Joined: 31-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostLordOfSquad, on 07 January 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

I dunno about you guys, but I was cringing like a motherfucker and getting embarrassment shivers the whole time. But to each their own.


I genuinely don't see why, Sonic being whored in unrelated products isn't news, if anything it's like comming back to the 90's.

The only thing off about it, is that the product isn't something targeted thoward kids, but then again people who have some kind of association with Sonic nowadays aren't just the kids anymore.

#37 User is offline Runner 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

  • Long time no see, old friend.
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 24-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brazil
  • Wiki edits:15

View PostMastaSys, on 07 January 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

View PostLordOfSquad, on 07 January 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

I dunno about you guys, but I was cringing like a motherfucker and getting embarrassment shivers the whole time. But to each their own.


I genuinely don't see why, Sonic being whored in unrelated products isn't news, if anything it's like comming back to the 90's.

The only thing off about it, is that the product isn't something targeted thoward kids, but then again people who have some kind of association with Sonic nowadays aren't just the kids anymore.
Probably that's why they used Sonic 3 music. The commercial is targeted for those who were 20 years ago playing Sonic.

#38 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

  • Posts: 1137
  • Joined: 27-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santiago, Chile
  • Project:Learning Python.

View PostRunner, on 07 January 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostMastaSys, on 07 January 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

View PostLordOfSquad, on 07 January 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

I dunno about you guys, but I was cringing like a motherfucker and getting embarrassment shivers the whole time. But to each their own.


I genuinely don't see why, Sonic being whored in unrelated products isn't news, if anything it's like comming back to the 90's.

The only thing off about it, is that the product isn't something targeted thoward kids, but then again people who have some kind of association with Sonic nowadays aren't just the kids anymore.
Probably that's why they used Sonic 3 music. The commercial is targeted for those who were 20 years ago playing Sonic.0


Then it would've made more sense to use the classic design, those 20 year old people could have some reservations about the modern AKA "GREEEEEN EYES" design

#39 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

  • Tech Support Hotline
  • Posts: 915
  • Joined: 03-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mar Del Plata
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostDustArma, on 07 January 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Then it would've made more sense to use the classic design, those 20 year old people could have some reservations about the modern AKA "GREEEEEN EYES" design


And to spawn 200 pages of "IS SEGA THINKING ABOUT BRINGING CLASSIC BACK OMG" discussion? Wouldn't take that risk.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 07 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

#40 User is offline MastaSys 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

  • The nightmares? They never go away.
  • Posts: 485
  • Joined: 31-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostDustArma, on 07 January 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Then it would've made more sense to use the classic design, those 20 year old people could have some reservations about the modern AKA "GREEEEEN EYES" design


The general population doesn't give a damn and please as much I love the classic design the "greeeeen eyes" thing is just a single guy moaning (it's better not to refer his name) blown out of propotion.
Most of it was just mocking in the end, the sad thing about it is that the genuine complains (mainly regarding Sonic 4, when the debate about classic/modern was more heated) are mixed into it most of the time....

#41 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

  • 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Posts: 1811
  • Joined: 09-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:14,865
This commercial is awesome. Hope I catch it on tv sometime.

#42 User is offline trakker 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

  • Posts: 1476
  • Joined: 17-June 09
  • Gender:Male
Haha, that was pretty funny, but touched on before by other people, its not really a product you'd link to Sonic, asides from the very loose link of a "fast" comparison engine

But, "no more running around" ? Why would Sonic be happy about that? XD

I kinda like how he runs past the "Progressive" logo at the end, ala Sega Genesis style, Now someone just needs to record it properly
This post has been edited by trakker: 07 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

#43 User is offline nesboy43 

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 14-December 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
This was a surprisingly great commercial, I don't like the normal Progressive commercials and am not the biggest fan of modern sonic, but this was really well done. Sonic didn't talk and moved fast like he should, it was subtle but fun, and hearing Sonic 3 Invincibility music was great.

#44 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

  • The saber calls for its master...
  • Posts: 4856
  • Joined: 27-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

Quote

Hi Lanzer, we're working on it! Will send a post once it's up. ~Susan


Susan is the employee who runs their Facebook page btw. So keep an eye out for it on their youtube or facebook.

#45 User is offline PicklePower 

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

  • Posts: 550
  • Joined: 15-April 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:2,809


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users