Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic ATS - Released! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 40 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic ATS - Released! After Sonic 2, Before Sonic 3

#76 User is offline LakeFeperd 

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

• Project:Spark the electric jester
this is the "secret", not sure if all of you will understand but it's a hidden power up.
Spoiler

thanks again for all the support, really :rolleyes:
I did really got the feedback from last year's release of BTS and I'm really trying to make it even better

btw, I've made some kind of question in the post with the trailer, not sure if anyone noticed it so I'm quoting it

View PostLakeFeperd, on 12 April 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

btw, this fan game happens right after sonic 2 I just forgot to remove the jet booster on the tornado and also, there is something that is bugging me a bit about sonic 2's ending, I've checked the wiki but I've found no answer: in WFZ, after you beat the boss and get to the cutscene, the tornado is with the jet booster, but in the ending, the jet booster isnt there anymore,(a lot of people think that sonic 3 starts right after sonic 2 because of this) was that intentional or somekind of glitch? oh well, I'll be removing it from the title screen on the next build

#77 User is offline Flare 

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

• 'Here I come Sonic!'
What I love about the gimmicks (which are numerous and look fun to play with not just an object that gets in your way) is that they are so simple, for example a giant spring - such an obvious gimmick when you think of it, but I haven't seen it - though I cant say for sure it's not been done in some form - and yet you'd it makes perfect sense and glad this game is designed in such a way where it has gimmicks that are not complicated or gameplay changing such as platforms that appear and disappear in a storm, and put them to such good effect. Really loving everything I see from this topic.

#78 User is offline Mr Lange 

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

• A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys.
  • Project:Helix, NASF DX, Sonic Overture
  • Wiki edits:1
Here comes Mr Lange with his own music for ATS. I think Falk is going to be remixing these to keep the musical style consistent across the soundtrack. I can't wait for that. This is my only music contribution so far, the rest is still Falk's original work. However that basically means these original, Genesis-ish style versions will go unheard. So here they are.

This post has been edited by Mr Lange: 27 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

#79 User is offline bluejayfusion 

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Damn, Lake Fepard. I love the sheer ecclectic-ness of your levels.

Your graphics are so much richer than a straightforward 'this is an ice stage' or 'here's the de facto green-hill-zone'.

I imagine I would take real pleasure in being like 'where did that water come from?' and 'why is everything upside down?'

It's more lifelike that way. At least, life as I experience it.

#80 User is offline Klaypersonne 

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Wow. I didn't realize there was a thread and a playable demo for this game until about half an hour ago. LakeFepard, you are amazing. I just played through the demo, and watched the trailer and this is leaps and bounds ahead of BTS. The badniks are better designed, although in the demo they seem to be largely monochromatic; for example, the flying Motobugs are all shades of blue, the Buzzer missles are all red, but I really love the little spinning guys. And little animals come out of the robots when they're destroyed. That's fantastic, and a much clearer link to the classic games. There's a better sense of contrast amongst the level graphics, so the progression through the stage makes more sense now. Lastly, I quite like the ability to play as Tails in the same levels as Sonic. It makes the zone layouts seem larger, and more interactive, although you accomplished that pretty well in BTS with the character specific zones, too. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to playing more!

#81 User is offline Falk 

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postbluejayfusion, on 27 April 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

and 'why is everything upside down?'

It's more lifelike that way. At least, life as I experience it.

Australian?

#82 User is offline Strife 

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

• Project:Freedom Planet
Mr. Lange, I swear I'm never going to get those songs out of my head, at least for a few days. xD They're that cool. I just hope the remixes keep it that way.

#83 User is offline diplomacydog 

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

• What did I just read?
  • Project:No :(
ahh your work is so good

#84 User is offline synchronizer 

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

• Wiki edits:19
What aspects of Lange's tunes are everyone's favorites?
This post has been edited by synchronizer: 06 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

#85 User is offline Ross-Irving 

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

LakeFeperd, this shit is solid, man. No joke. The level designs, the music... can't really say on layouts yet, but aesthetically, it's all very pleasing. Sugar Hill and the green forest one, not the one with the tech trees. These levels look good because the way you've designed them, they look "full". But there's also clarity, it's not a jumbled mess of detail. Can't wait to see where this goes.

#86 User is offline Blivsey 

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

• Charismatic Sonicaholic
  • Project:Throwing my support behind others' projects (aka none)
Posted Image
Welp, so much for that shield only being gettable for Tails

#87 User is offline LakeFeperd 

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

• Project:Spark the electric jester

View PostBlivsey, on 30 May 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

oh man, it's just awesome when people discover things I didnt even know about
like this guy

oh, btw, there are some more secrets: you can press R to switch between sonic and tails
and there is a super box in Act 2
there is also that wierd shield, but I really don't know what I'm going to do with it

#88 User is offline Perfect Chaos Zero 

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

• Notoriously Inebriated
I love the gimmicks and if your engine is as good as it looks, this'll be a contender for best of show for SAGE this year (especially with a variety of highly ambitious projects recently falling apart). The only thing I could possibly want to see is more "scripted" events, like the the flying battery fortress bomibing in S&K or Angel Island being set ablaze in Sonic 3. MUCH MUCH praise to your excellent level design. The doodads and flair that you've added to your levels REALLY stands out and makes a HUGE difference. You've crossed the barrier threshold between sub-standard fan games and something really special. I really want to see where this project goes and how it progresses. Also, very nice use of your sprite frames. Keep it up, I have very high expectations for your project.

#89 User is offline Tiller 

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

• Project:Planning and learning.

View PostLakeFeperd, on 31 May 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostBlivsey, on 30 May 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

oh man, it's just awesome when people discover things I didnt even know about

Oh shit I thought that was totally intentional and really clever design. Using the ramp as a boost to stick to the wall on the way up...oh well. You going to do anything with design like that?

#90 User is offline Falk 

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Lake: so good that he made skillshot secrets without intending to.

• 40 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users