Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...
 

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion Electric Bogaloo

#1366 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

  • Posts: 921
  • Joined: 05-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sheffield, UK

View PostArtFenix, on 24 February 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

View PostSonic Warrior TJ, on 24 February 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

So I wonder if we'll get a new piece of concept art today or if they'll stop now that they've released the trailer (They sure will, Past me). Which I suppose I enjoyed, the game looks pretty cool. Nice that it's coming out rather soon too. I'm willing to bet the larger enemies like the polar bear are Act 1 bosses/minibosses. It'd also be pretty sweet if the terrain continued and there was seamless transition between Acts, a la S3&K. The latter seems less likely to happen though, as there are probably things about the first episode they don't want to change out of fear for alienating the folks who picked up Episode I without much experience and loved it (Homing Attack reticule/sound effect, 'modern' character design, Bubbles chains, etc.).

EDIT 4367: ICE BLOCK - Dis a block you break through with yo face in snow land.
Posted Image
SNEGGMAN - Is what it looks like it is.
Posted Image

Loving that Sneggman art xD.
Interesting and pretty rare thing: a pun in Russian language. In russian Snowman is Снеговик[Snegovick] looks like SnEGGovick. xD.
And Snow is Снег [SnEGG] xD


Your second link is broken. This is that 2nd pic:
Posted Image

#1367 User is offline Tiranno 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

  • Steveosaurus Rex
  • Posts: 203
  • Joined: 26-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California
  • Project:Sonic in Jurassic Park
Failing another open book test I see Sega?

Looks more like a mod than a sequel. Saves me some dough just skipping this one.

#1368 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

  • Posts: 8896
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Wiki edits:18

View PostTiranno, on 24 February 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Failing another open book test I see Sega?

Looks more like a mod than a sequel.
It looks like a completely different game, to me...

Now about the gameplay, I think we still have to wait a little more to judge.

#1369 User is offline Machenstein 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

  • Posts: 750
  • Joined: 17-August 07
  • Gender:Male

View Postezodagrom, on 24 February 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostCyrus Parker, on 24 February 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostHez, on 24 February 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

THEY DIDN'T FUCKING FIX THE SPINDASH AND ROLLING SOUND EFFECT. FUCK YOU DIMPS!

I'm not buying this game now. I am dead serious it is because of that reason. Call it a pet peeve if you want, or plain retarded, but that honestly throws it away from me. If you can't even get a single sound effect that IS CONSTANTLY USED throughout the game right, you don't deserve to be making Sonic games. Jesus fucking christ...

Check at about 0:48 seconds in. You can hear Tails rev up into the Marble Garden wheel. The only thing that seems wrong is the noise the speed boosters make when it sends you in a ball.

To me it seemed that the spin dash charging sound effect in the trailer is the same as the one in Episode 1, so yeah, it looks like they didn't fix the sound effects.

No, Cyrus is right. I just compared Sonic 4 Episode 1's Spin Dash sound effect to Sonic 3's, then compared that to the Spin Dash sound effect in the trailer. There is one instance when the correct rolling sound effect plays when Sonic and Tails are doing their combo move at the 40-42 second point in the trailer, and again at the 48 second point.

#1370 User is offline Felik 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: 11-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:1
Red rings are back... again.
You know it almost starts to feel like red rings are a very cheap way to force exploration. I mean it's kinda cool to have unlockables but red rings are getting old real quick. There are much more creative (and less cheap) ways to make us want to explore levels and increase replayability. Like more unique alternate paths.

#1371 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

  • Posts: 3074
  • Joined: 15-January 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostFelik, on 24 February 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Red rings are back... again.
You know it almost starts to feel like red rings are a very cheap way to force exploration. I mean it's kinda cool to have unlockables but red rings are getting old real quick. There are much more creative (and less cheap) ways to make us want to explore levels and increase replayability. Like more unique alternate paths.

Red Rings? I mist have missed them. Where about do they pop up?

#1372 User is offline ezodagrom 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

  • Posts: 77
  • Joined: 28-August 11
  • Gender:Male

View PostMachenstein, on 24 February 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

View Postezodagrom, on 24 February 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostCyrus Parker, on 24 February 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostHez, on 24 February 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

THEY DIDN'T FUCKING FIX THE SPINDASH AND ROLLING SOUND EFFECT. FUCK YOU DIMPS!

I'm not buying this game now. I am dead serious it is because of that reason. Call it a pet peeve if you want, or plain retarded, but that honestly throws it away from me. If you can't even get a single sound effect that IS CONSTANTLY USED throughout the game right, you don't deserve to be making Sonic games. Jesus fucking christ...

Check at about 0:48 seconds in. You can hear Tails rev up into the Marble Garden wheel. The only thing that seems wrong is the noise the speed boosters make when it sends you in a ball.

To me it seemed that the spin dash charging sound effect in the trailer is the same as the one in Episode 1, so yeah, it looks like they didn't fix the sound effects.

No, Cyrus is right. I just compared Sonic 4 Episode 1's Spin Dash sound effect to Sonic 3's, then compared that to the Spin Dash sound effect in the trailer. There is one instance when the correct rolling sound effect plays when Sonic and Tails are doing their combo move at the 40-42 second point in the trailer, and again at the 48 second point.

Most likely the combo move has different sound effects, but at the 48 seconds point, it's hard to see but it looks like Tails maybe released the spindash? It made the speed boosters and the spindash release/rolling sound in episode 1 in that part after the charging sound effect from ep1.
This post has been edited by ezodagrom: 24 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

#1373 User is offline Felik 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: 11-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostBlue Blood, on 24 February 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostFelik, on 24 February 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Red rings are back... again.
You know it almost starts to feel like red rings are a very cheap way to force exploration. I mean it's kinda cool to have unlockables but red rings are getting old real quick. There are much more creative (and less cheap) ways to make us want to explore levels and increase replayability. Like more unique alternate paths.

Red Rings? I mist have missed them. Where about do they pop up?

You know I can't provide you with the link. Yes it's that site.

#1374 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

  • DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Posts: 7734
  • Joined: 21-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
Oh yay Red Rings. I love Red Rings.

No really I do I think they're a great idea because of the fact that they force you to go elsewhere. After a while I tend to take the same path all the time since I'm most used to it. Red Rings give me reason to explore.

#1375 User is offline Roller 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

  • Posts: 180
  • Joined: 15-July 10
  • Gender:Not Telling
Of course, a link so you don't have to go through all that old tat: Xbox 360 achievements

Of note is a new level called SKY FORTRESS ZONE. Also, you fight Metal Sonic in it (in Act 1!!)

Also, I love red rings too. They are my favorite of the 'New Classic' ideals that Generations introduced, and I'm glad they're back again for Sonic 4.
This post has been edited by Roller: 24 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

#1376 User is offline Machenstein 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

  • Posts: 750
  • Joined: 17-August 07
  • Gender:Male
http://www.xbox360ac...Love-Tails.html

Quote

Play as Tails 50 times.

Wha-HUH?
This post has been edited by Machenstein: 24 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

#1377 User is offline Felik 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: 11-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostRoller, on 24 February 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Also, I love red rings too. They are my favorite of the 'New Classic' ideals that Generations introduced, and I'm glad they're back again for Sonic 4.

What do you mean? They were in Colors first.

#1378 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

  • Teleportation, yeah!
  • Posts: 1917
  • Joined: 11-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Super Mario Bros. - Version 2.0
  • Wiki edits:4
Yeah, I'm looking at the new carnival screenshot on NeoGAF right now, and... were those neon lights always there, or did they just add them? I was just saying not too long ago how the level could look better if the rollercoaster rails were decorated with neon lights, and well, here they are! O_o

#1379 User is offline W.A.C. 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

  • I abuse text smilies way too much.
  • Posts: 3845
  • Joined: 05-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Art Assets for a Game Project
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostMachenstein, on 24 February 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

http://www.xbox360ac...Love-Tails.html

Quote

Play as Tails 50 times.

Wha-HUH?

wtf? Maybe someone at SEGA gaffed. Either that, or they expect people to play co-op at least 50 times while playing as Tails.

#1380 User is offline Phoebius 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

  • Coucou
  • Posts: 1546
  • Joined: 16-August 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France
  • Project:iOS Game

View PostRoller, on 24 February 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Of course, a link so you don't have to go through all that old tat: Xbox 360 achievements

Of note is a new level called SKY FORTRESS ZONE. Also, you fight Metal Sonic in it (in Act 1!!)

Also, I love red rings too. They are my favorite of the 'New Classic' ideals that Generations introduced, and I'm glad they're back again for Sonic 4.


So... Sky fortress... Do you think the rehash zone is Wing Fortress?

  • 274 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 94
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users