Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion Electric Bogaloo

#1231 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View Posttrakker, on 23 February 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

That trailer was pretty fun, it looks worth a shot, loads better than episode one

There is an echo of Sonic Rush at the 24second mark, where sonic is just running through walls, (Knuckles style) not spinning or boosting, Dimps must have forgotten he can't do that without boosting haha

But all in all, looks way better than the first gameplay trailer of episode 1, I think I'll actually drop money in this one XD

Sonic did that in Ep 1 too. I never quite understood that behavior

#1232 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

• Project:Learning Python.

View PostW.A.C., on 23 February 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Wait, why doesn't the trailer mention the PC platform? I thought it was confirmed this game was getting a PC release.

One thing I've noticed from Sega lately, they never mention PC versions until very close to release. (Or even later as it was with SCD and S4EP1) :colbert:

#1233 User is offline OSM 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

• retro is for losers!
  • Project:Doing absolutely nothing
  • Wiki edits:2
Looks better than Episode 1 but still not worth my time or money.

#1234 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast
Not a bad trailer; from a few of the clips I can tell that the physics were improved to a degree, but certain things, like Sonic's jumping, still look a bit awkward. I am also delighted to see that uncurling is gone. However, moments like where Sonic and Tails automatically change to a run when coming from under water kind of bother me a little.

One thing to note, is the fact that Tails occasionally is running vastly ahead of Sonic (implying that having Tails as lead may be an option for 1 player). the Bear Badnik also looks like it has certain attack spots; this may give it some sort of strategy of sorts.

#1235 User is offline serpx 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Postserpx, on 20 February 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Bet we don't see more than 10 seconds of footage. My expectations are so low right now for this "trailer." It's just going to be another sloppy boring mess made from that contracted company with some unrelated music in the background that has nothing to do with the game, plus 10 seconds of footage in the middle, then at the very end, a fade-in of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 logo.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Was right about everything except it was more than 10 seconds of gameplay. Looks different -- graphics are kinda weird IMO, but I can get use to them perhaps. Looks better than Episode 1. I'm curious on how enjoyable the co-op stuff is, and how it works. For example, if I'm playing with a friend, what is the process of us spindashing together.

Side-note to SEGA: Enough to make me curious enough to purchase it. You win my money, for now.
This post has been edited by serpx: 23 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

#1236 User is online ashthedragon 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
Ain't those the same physics in Classic Sonic from Sonic Generations 3DS?
This post has been edited by ashthedragon: 23 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

#1237 User is offline Ell678 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

• Am I Annoying You?
  • Project:Sonic: Incursion
  • Wiki edits:6
After seeing that trailer, all I can say is that I can't wait to not play this. Episode 1 all over again.
This post has been edited by Ell678: 23 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

#1238 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

• Wiki edits:136

View Postserpx, on 23 February 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Bet we don't see more than 10 seconds of footage. My expectations are so low right now for this "trailer." It's just going to be another sloppy boring mess made from that contracted company with some unrelated music in the background that has nothing to do with the game, plus 10 seconds of footage in the middle, then at the very end, a fade-in of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 logo.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Was right about everything except it was more than 10 seconds of gameplay. Looks different -- graphics are kinda weird IMO, but I can get use to them perhaps. Looks better than Episode 1. I'm curious on how enjoyable the co-op stuff is, and how it works. For example, if I'm playing with a friend, what is the process of us spindashing together.

Side-note to SEGA: Enough to make me curious enough to purchase it. You win my money, for now.

Are you sure the music is unrelated? To me it sounds like it would fit the carnival stage.

#1239 User is offline Ell678 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

• Am I Annoying You?
  • Project:Sonic: Incursion
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostSkyler, on 23 February 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postserpx, on 23 February 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

God I hope I'm wrong.

Are you sure the music is unrelated? To me it sounds like it would fit the carnival stage.

The music is from Sonic and Sega All Star Racing. It's the menu music.

Why is beyond me.

#1240 User is offline cornholio857 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

• The Great Cornholio
  • Project:In search of TP

View PostEll678, on 23 February 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

The music is from Sonic and Sega All Star Racing. It's the menu music.

Why is beyond me.

Custom Soundtrack a la Sonic Generations? Perhaps different mixes of said Zone and extras?

Ohhh, what am I saying? Would be a neat feature, but HIGHLY doubt it would happen.

#1241 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

• Wiki edits:136
It uses one part of the ASR menu music. Everything else is new.

#1242 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5
Has anyone noticed that : TAILS CAN NOW CARRY SONIC UNDERWATER???? Also the fact that it's easier than ever to run on water? This is Sonic 4 as I've truly imagined it. Just like the classics, adding new useful move in a subtle manner instead of being over the top. I think Dimps has finally passed their examination of the classic after taking a DECADE.

I knew sure as shit we weren't going to get any real music, but damn, everything looks awesome! I just wish the video clips weren't so unprosessionally grainy.

#1243 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
Hey at least they warn you of death pits like in Generations at 41 secs there.
This post has been edited by Twilightzoney: 23 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

#1244 User is offline Greg the Cat 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

• I'm gonna draw it!
  • Project:Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
  • Wiki edits:2
Hmm... So the not close enough physics of Generations 3DS seem to have been implemented, the graphics had an overhaul however visually boring and... Nothing else. Huh. So this is what they have to offer us "unpleaseable fans"? Quaint.

Ah, Ken, never change your PR bullshitting ways. I always need a genuinely good joke in this community and you are that go-to clown for just that.

#1245 User is offline 1stKirbyever 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Spoiler

Ohhai thar. (Sorry for the really terrible quality, I just did this really quick. Like, REALLY quick.)
This post has been edited by 1stKirbyever: 23 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

• 274 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users