Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Weird or niche genres/game ideas you'd like to see the series atte - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Weird or niche genres/game ideas you'd like to see the series atte

#31 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

• FINAL ATTACKRIDE: D-D-D-DECADE!
  • Project:Trying to figure out Sonic Heroes lighting data, anyone willing to help? D:
  • Wiki edits:5

View PostElektro-Omega, on 11 January 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

I haven't read the comics so to me the Chaotix are a detective agency who don't actually detect (except for Sonic Heroes but that doesn't count).

It seemed they were doing SOME detecting in Shadow the Hedgehog, too, though it was never made quite clear what they were trying to take data from Eggman's and the ARK's computers.

I can also see the Chaotix in one of those kinds of investigative adventure games, though.

What I could also see would be a game starring Rouge along the lines of "Metal Gear light edition," so to say. Like, sneaking around and all that but without 2 hours worth of opening cutscenes, much as I personally like Sonic cutscenes. :B

#32 User is offline cornholio857 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

• The Great Cornholio
  • Project:In search of TP
This is easy. A true Sonic SHUMP. You would take control of Sonic and Tails via the Tornado. The game would be in the likes of ThunderForce 4 but with 2D and 3D segments. The 3D segments would be like the Sky Chase mini-game from SA1 but better. You would also be able to upgrade the Tornado and as an unlockable bonus you can play as Dr. Robotnik in his Death Egg suit. The levels could even be from the Classic games or something totally new. Hell, I'd by it! :v:

EDIT: Very rough sketch I did during lunch break to visually show what I mean:

Posted Image
This post has been edited by cornholio857: 11 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

#33 User is offline Jason 

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
This has serious potential to become a multiplayer mode for Sonic games in the future.

It's not that far of a stretch:
1.) At least six original looping tracks to race on.
2.) Expand that players to allow at least 2-4 people simultaneously. Hell, they could just be those Sonic recolor robots from Colors if you guys start fighting about why Amy could boost or something.
3.) Have that orb be a selectable power in a menu before the race starts, or if non-Sonic robots are used, have the powers character specific, Smash Ball style.

That'd be a fun little mode on top of a standard race mode.
This post has been edited by Jason: 12 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

#34 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

• Wiki edits:196

View Postcornholio857, on 11 January 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

This is easy. A true Sonic SHUMP.

Hello (?)

#35 User is offline cornholio857 

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

• The Great Cornholio
  • Project:In search of TP
^ Ah. Thanks for the link! Much appreciated.

#36 User is offline BystanderLC 

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostAyu Tsukimiya, on 29 December 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Returning the concept of other playable characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, etc. Hub worlds are really nice, too.

+1

Each character with unique gameplay + same Sonic stage = WIN.

I don't know Sonic Team discontinued the idea of chao gardens, especially since it added replay value via rpg elements, HUB world, getting rings, and small competitions, but I've always felt that was a good thing to expand.

A few years back, I thought of a game where Knuckles built traps, mines, and switches all over Angel Island while Sonic raced through them.

#37 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostBystanderLC, on 14 January 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

A few years back, I thought of a game where Knuckles built traps, mines, and switches all over Angel Island while Sonic raced through them.
I think I'd love to play a hack like this. e.g. you have to slow him down a certain minimal amount (in order for Robotnik to have his chance, or whatever) to proceed.

In the same vein, MarkeyJester recently showed a screenshot of Robotnik with a net, going after a rabbit. Things like this - role reversals, changes in gameplay that could make the same levels seem totally new, etc. - should be tried out more often. Hint hint!

#38 User is offline BulimicCannibal 

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

A Knuckles treasure hunting game albeit drastically different to the ones in the Adventure games, would be pretty cool IMO.

It would essentially be a platformer with many puzzles and traps.

#39 User is offline DTX 

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

• A fellow with a name fit for nary a man but himself... mayhap not even. =/
  • Project:Commissioning a friend to produce HQ Rock covers of a few select BGMs from Comix Zone; so far Options & Final Boss are done and my bank account is $20 emptier.
  • Wiki edits:28

View Postn00neimp0rtant, on 11 January 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Sonic Shuffle is a great, fun game and it is completely shameful there has been no sequel.
This is an opinion I will hold for the rest of time.

Or until Sega realizes how much they ought to get cracking on a project like that and eventually release a worthy sequel.

Because I really think should, that's why. =P

#40 User is offline Keith Stack 

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

• Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix: Megamix
I would love any spin-off game featuring one of the series' huge cast of characters. Plenty of them would work great in other genres. It'd be wonderful to see more games along the lines of Tails Adventure and Tails' Sky Patrol.

I mean hey, if Luigi's Mansion, Wario Land, Wario Ware, Super Princess Peach, and Yoshi's Island can exist, why can't we get a Big the Cat fishing game? Or a Robotnik RTS? Or a Chaotix point-and-click adventure?

#41 User is offline JohnBoyAdvance 

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

This pretty much is based if Sega ever would go back to Adventure/Heroes styled 3D gameplay. Only better. Sexier.

So this is kinda seen in Sonic 2006 and Sonic Heroes. Basically seeing as I do like a good co-op, I would love to see a 4 player online thing where you would pick from a selection of Sonic's friends and maybe Sonic himself. You would go around large areas, some times you would need to be in a Heroes formation to progress, you'd come across an area where it would be a bit like a Gears of War Horde thing and you would need to get someone playing as a wall climber or a flyer to find a series of switches or some other different puzzle to complete before someone dies. You'd progress through, gets harder, there would be a bit of competition in terms of scoring and rings.

Another one for a Knuckles 3D platformer. Doesn't need to be treasure hunting. I'd love to see it more open world, like an Assassin's Creed/Arkham City. You have your play area, now climb and glide it. I remember seeing my mate play Prototype and he did a bit of gliding. Nearly fell in love with it.

Also another one for a Chaotix Detective Mysteries.

#42 User is offline BystanderLC 

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

View Postdsrb, on 14 January 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostBystanderLC, on 14 January 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

I think I'd love to play a hack like this. e.g. you have to slow him down a certain minimal amount (in order for Robotnik to have his chance, or whatever) to proceed.

In the same vein, MarkeyJester recently showed a screenshot of Robotnik with a net, going after a rabbit. Things like this - role reversals, changes in gameplay that could make the same levels seem totally new, etc. - should be tried out more often. Hint hint!

Not sure who you're hinting to.

Yeah, but in theory, it's hard. You'd have to implement a really smart Sonic AI to go through your stage or an online community who'd hate the game purely because dick moves to slow Sonic down is well, dickish.

You could put pressure on the creator by making it more of a chase, making dick moves harder to pull off and more rewarding. Sonic is chasing Eggman. Eggman is chasing Chaos Emeralds and running away from Sonic. We give Eggman a robotcizing ray gun, the ability to seriously shape and make landscapes in seconds, and allow Eggman to give himself (as well as Sonic) a boost with rockets, springs, and dash panels. The placement of obstacles sacrifice time and distance, but good placement will stop Sonic in his tracks.

#43 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostBystanderLC, on 17 January 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Not sure who you're hinting to.
As I thought was fairly clear, I was being general ("Things like this [...]") and addressing (only-semi-jocularly) any hackers who might be reading.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users