Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Dr. Eggman vs. Dr. Wily - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Dr. Eggman vs. Dr. Wily

#1 User is offline Spindash54 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

• Did you ever wonder how he spins in place?
So on ScrewAttack they have a show called Death Battle. Think Deadliest Warrior with anime/video game characters. Today's fight is the two biggest robot builders in video game history.

http://www.screwatta...-eggman-vs-wily

#2 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

• Wiki edits:136
They did Sonic vs. Mario and Shadow vs. Vegeta awhile back. This should be neat.

EDIT: That was pretty cool.
This post has been edited by Skyler: 25 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

#3 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

They picked Slash Man, Metal Man and Guts Man?

Where the hell was Time Man, Gravity Man, and Flash Man?

I don't recall Metal Sonic's copy ability being that advanced.

#4 User is online GeneHF 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:31 AM

• Classier than you'll ever be.
  • Project:オノマトペ大臣
  • Wiki edits:381
Wily wins by default just for making Zero.

#5 User is offline corneliab 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

• Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES?
  • Project:not posting drunk
  • Wiki edits:21
That was a fun vid. Great music choices to boot. Don't know what HotD's Magician theme was doing in there, though I'm not exactly complaining.

#6 User is offline Mystical Ninja 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

• For old time's sake.
  • Project:Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
  • Wiki edits:282

View PostChimpo, on 25 December 2011 - 04:17 AM, said:

Where the hell was Time Man, Gravity Man, and Flash Man?

Dr. Wily didn't create Time Man. But then again, I guess the same thing could also be said about Guts Man.

#7 User is offline Crappy Blue Luigi 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

• just a blue dude
  • Project:Beat 'Em Up!!
  • Wiki edits:2
(and Sheep Man)

#8 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostMystical Ninja, on 25 December 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

Dr. Wily didn't create Time Man. But then again, I guess the same thing could also be said about Guts Man.

I'm more than aware of that. It's also irrelevant as Dr.Wily has converted more robot masters to his side than created. Time Man wouldn't be an issue, especially with Gutsman already on his side.

They gave Robotnik all his best tools but they gave Wily a bunch of C-list Robot Masters and they ignored the one creation that wiped out that nearly wiped out the human race.

#9 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostChimpo, on 25 December 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PostMystical Ninja, on 25 December 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

I'm more than aware of that. It's also irrelevant as Dr.Wily has converted more robot masters to his side than created. Time Man wouldn't be an issue, especially with Gutsman already on his side.

They gave Robotnik all his best tools but they gave Wily a bunch of C-list Robot Masters and they ignored the one creation that wiped out that nearly wiped out the human race.

At the same time they ignored the entire Death Egg

#10 User is offline Super 

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

• The always vigilant GSWAS.
  • Project:Uno on Hold. Lost the best special stage I ever made. Morale dropped.
  • Wiki edits:31
Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call the slow and predictable Death Egg Robot Eggman's best tool. The Dragoon it a much better system, and it takes advantage of Eggman's Eggmobile. And then you have Scratch and Grounder, and let's be honest - there have been a lot better choices in robots and badniks in the past. I mean, motobugs and buzzbombers? At least the buzzbombers have a projectile, but come on...

Moving up a rank, Eggman's 'badniks' vs the Robot masters was exceptionally one sided, but that was to be expected after the spiel about them 'working as a unit'. Regardless, watching some of the robots abilities be outright ignored(mainly beta's teleportation ability and being defeated in a single hit), I wasn't all that pleased with how they were used.

But hey, it was like a Micheal Bay movie, so I turned my brain off and watched the explosions.

#11 User is offline Vaiyt 

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

• Oglio p'ru çeu
Eggman wins, of course. Wily is a decrepit old man. Eggman is taller and just plain more athletic.
This post has been edited by Vaiyt: 08 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

#12 User is offline DimensionWarped 

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

• Erinaceous!
  • Wiki edits:5
Dr. Wily is a lot better at stealing robots than he is at actually making anything.

#13 User is offline Candescence 

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

• Project:Construct stuff

View PostDimensionWarped, on 07 February 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Dr. Wily is a lot better at stealing robots than he is at actually making anything.

Not really. He only stole, like, three out of ten sets, one which he made in collaboration with Light, and the second set were the top eight in the robotics tournament. The third set were also Light-bots, presumably also co-designed by Wily. Cossack doesn't count.

Besides, he made Bass and Zero, the former being the only Wily-made robot to actually be a legitimate rival to Mega Man, and Zero, well... Let's just say Wily had more success in the X and Zero series than he ever did in the Classic series, thanks to the virus.

Actually, Bass and Treble on their own could probably win it for Wily - they'd pretty much tear anything made by Eggman to shreds, Metal Sonic included. Well, except E-123 Omega, I suppose, who can actually put up a good fight against any hero or villain in both series. Now, if only Bass would actually care about fighting for his creator against anything that isn't Mega Man... Though he did take issue with King claiming to be the strongest robot, so...
This post has been edited by Candescence: 08 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

#14 User is offline Vaiyt 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

• Oglio p'ru çeu

View PostCandescence, on 08 February 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Actually, Bass and Treble on their own could probably win it for Wily - they'd pretty much tear anything made by Eggman to shreds, Metal Sonic included.

Dunno about that, Metal Sonic -is- ridiculously fast after all.

Anyway, if we're just going to pit individual creations against each other, I'd bet on Wily's, but Eggman has shown the ability to build fleets of airships full of weapons, including space flight capable ones. Wily's mobile arsenal isn't nearly as impressive.

Well, except E-123 Omega, I suppose, who can actually put up a good fight against any hero or villain in both series. Now, if only Bass would actually care about fighting for his creator against anything that isn't Mega Man... Though he did take issue with King claiming to be the strongest robot, so...

Well, Omega is even less likely to help Eggman.

#15 User is offline Sik 

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

• Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostVaiyt, on 13 February 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Eggman has shown the ability to build fleets of airships full of weapons, including space flight capable ones.
And in seemingly near no time, and let's not forget all the other huge structures he made as well (how come he manages to make so many huge factories?). He must have a damn good building crew.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users