Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

#61 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

• Project:College
  • Wiki edits:22
If the time stones disable them, you don't get the achievement. You have to collect the last on Metallic Madness Act 2.

#62 User is online steveswede 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

• Project:Bowel reconstruction
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostMaster Emerald, on 16 December 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

If the time stones disable them, you don't get the achievement. You have to collect the last on Metallic Madness Act 2.

Typical. Another playthrough here I come.

#63 User is offline Eric Wright 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

• Born into this.
  • Wiki edits:12
- "leaderboard" option should have a more direct menu; having to scroll through every individual act just to look at one specific time is painful

#64 User is offline jackelbeaver 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Surprised tails doesn't fly away during his ending or something. "And then tails died in the blast"

This is abit much but I would totally love a hard mode where bosses had some extra stuff to em and some rings are moved arround. I dunno.

#65 User is offline Spindash54 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

• Did you ever wonder how he spins in place?
2 glitches I ran into so far:

Got tails stuck in a wall in PTP1 by flying around the area of the first corkscrew (the wall to the left of the speedshoes. I'll put a photo up later)

Tails apparently doesn't qualify for the King of the Rings achievement? Nevermind, Tails is Achievement-exempt.

Also, this is more of a suggestion, but would anyone agree with me in thinking Metal Sonic's eyes should be red instead of grey?
This post has been edited by Spindash54: 16 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

#66 User is offline Shadow Hog 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

• Wiki edits:10

View PostSpindash54, on 16 December 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

Tails apparently doesn't qualify for the King of the Rings achievement?
Not a glitch. Tails doesn't qualify for any achievement.

#67 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostSpindash54, on 16 December 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

2 glitches I ran into so far:

Got tails stuck in a wall in PTP1 by flying around the area of the first corkscrew (the wall to the left of the speedshoes. I'll put a photo up later)

Tails apparently doesn't qualify for the King of the Rings achievement?

Also, this is more of a suggestion, but would anyone agree with me in thinking Metal Sonic's eyes should be red instead of grey?

Tails can't get achievements.

And ya I agree with the Metal Sonic thing I expressed that in the other topic.

#68 User is online steveswede 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

• Project:Bowel reconstruction
  • Wiki edits:6
Because I can't be bothered to check to see if these have been mentioned, when you time travel in Metallic Madness when you're mini Sonic, you go back to full size and it's impossible to get through it (you die at the conveyor belt with that drum that can crush ya). Also I don't know if it's the same in the Mega CD version, but when you time travel you loose your shield. There is also this bit in MM act 2 where you hit the invincibility, go passed the giant bomber, hit the beam that brings you to normal height and then you shortly loose the invincibility.

#69 User is offline Spindash54 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

• Did you ever wonder how he spins in place?
Posted Image

Stuck-ness

#70 User is offline Sonicandtails 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

View PostICEknight, on 16 December 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Also, now that I've tried the Andoid port, I've noticed that the "Menu" button doesn't bring up the Menu/Pause screen, which seemed a bit odd.

EDIT: Also, the "Back" button doesn't let you exit the game.

This is for good reason. On my Droid Incredible, the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons are touch sensitive, and your finger rests on them when on the screen. Plus, the Back button acts as a jump button for me, so that's nice to keep a finger off the screen.

The optical joystick counts as the jump button too, for those who have them.

#71 User is offline PicklePower 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

• Wiki edits:2,809
Has anyone else noticed the time for completed levels in Time Attack mode is +10 minutes? I'm on iOS.

#72 User is offline Arique 

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

• It's Just Business.
  • Project:Fhqwhgads 2007: My 2nd Daft Punk x Strong Bad mashup album

View PostPicklePower, on 16 December 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

Has anyone else noticed the time for completed levels in Time Attack mode is +10 minutes? I'm on iOS.

It's also in the 360 version too, not just iOS.

#73 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Oh, I forgot something about Minisonic. It's very odd how he looks down when he hits an upwards spring (using one of the ledge animation frames).

Staying in his standing position wasn't ideal, but it still made more sense than him looking at the opposite way...

EDIT: Also, something I've noticed from the other Sonic CD topic:

View PostMaster Emerald, on 16 December 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

I like the Mega CD version... the only thing that bugs me on that is that you can't complete Metallic Madness Zone Act 2 Past because the spring can't make you jump high enough to reach a platform.

I know that the mentioned spring was positioned in the wrong place in the original (and was fixed on the PC and subsequent versions, if I remember correctly), but besides that....

Weren't the springs in Sonic CD also supposed to send you in a different arc, depending on the direction you were holding, if any? Not sure if that's still true in this version.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 17 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

#74 User is offline Shalpp 

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

• SORRY I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM

View PostRockman Zero, on 16 December 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

I know this may be near impossible, but I'd like to see the vocals for the JP intro and ending included as DLC, possibly with the R2 level and Final Fever.

All the cinematics are stored in /android/data/com.sega.soniccd/files/video. I popped the opening cutscene in Vegas and put the original song in place of the instrumental.
If you'd like I can upload the fixed cutscenes and post links.

View PostTweaker, on 15 December 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

Weird bug in the Android version for me—if my phone goes to sleep during any of the menus and I restore the game, it starts running insanely slow, occasionally killing the music. Actually, a lot of things seem to temporarily kill the music in this port. I don't know if it's because my phone still runs Froyo or what, but it's starting to get annoying.

It's really funny that you mention that issue. I'm experiencing the exact opposite. My game starts running twice the normal speed, and I have to exit my current game, find an open save slot, and play that. It'll fix itself after I do that but no matter if I kill the app or even restart my phone, it'll be coked out when I start the game. I've got a G2x running ICS by the way.

And one thing that I can't be fucked to check right now, shouldn't the tubes in WWZ accelerate Sonic to the point of warping before you exit them?

#75 User is offline Tyty 

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

• KNUXEDO KAMEN
  • Project:↑ & ↓ & ↻

View PostShalpp, on 17 December 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

It's really funny that you mention that issue. I'm experiencing the exact opposite. My game starts running twice the normal speed, and I have to exit my current game, find an open save slot, and play that. It'll fix itself after I do that but no matter if I kill the app or even restart my phone, it'll be coked out when I start the game. I've got a G2x running ICS by the way.

Same here actually. It's quite aggrivating since I've had to put the game down for different reasons.

And damn the Collision Chaos boss is hard at double speed. You're just getting flung everywhere :/

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 5 with 2.2 cause Samsung is jerks and won't let this phone update.

• 34 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users