Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

#16 User is offline Shadow Hog 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

• Wiki edits:10
I got one of my friends/coworkers to buy the iPhone version, but when he first booted the game proper up, there was nothing but a black screen being rendered. Audio was playing, Sonic was jumping, and the pause button worked as expected, but nothing was rendered. Weird.
This post has been edited by Shadow Hog: 15 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

#17 User is offline Flare 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

• 'Here I come Sonic!'
Same thing happened here... I just closed the game, reopened it back to the SEGA screen and selected there file... worked after that.

#18 User is offline TheBoshy 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

• It's Boshy Time!!!
I like the idea to give Taxman an organized list.

#19 User is offline libertyernie 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

• 502 Bad Gateway
  • Wiki edits:5
Sonic starts a little too far to the right for this checkpoint:
Posted Image
Not a major issue because you can get out of this by jumping straight up.

#20 User is offline Cyberblade 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

• Can't catch me ya bastard!
  • Project:Sonic Shift
If I recall correctly there were the occasional moments like that in the original Libertyernie. If you can just jump out then it's not too big a deal. Just a matter of the past/present/future maps not quite lining up where you happened to warp.

#21 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

Weird bug in the Android version for me—if my phone goes to sleep during any of the menus and I restore the game, it starts running insanely slow, occasionally killing the music. Actually, a lot of things seem to temporarily kill the music in this port. I don't know if it's because my phone still runs Froyo or what, but it's starting to get annoying.

#22 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

• White Franklin Clinton
  • Wiki edits:21
For me the Android version cuts off the JP end of Act music a second or so too early.

#23 User is offline Thorn 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

• wroar
  • Project:Sonic 2 Retro Remix
  • Wiki edits:33
Posting for SprintGod from TSC's IRC chat, after he was time attacking:

<Sprint> the game doesn't reset the centiseconds in between attempts
<Sprint> so if you quit and restart, and the timer is showing XX'XX"98
<Sprint> it will start at 00'00"98 on your next attempt
<Sprint> the only way to fully reset it is to exit the game and reload it, or just keep pausing until you stop it on 00 before quitting
<Sprint> xbla sonic cd

Considering this game has leaderboards, this is kind of a big deal. I just checked this myself and it's true.

#24 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

• Project:College
  • Wiki edits:22
That water looks bad! x.x

#25 User is online Cinossu 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474
A bug, kinda-bug, and a kinda-annoyance;

Bug: Sometimes, even with the badnik generator destroyed or all time stones collected, badniks still appear.

Kinda-bug: Your Spindash mode, and subsequently your Speed Cap preference, get carried into Time Attacks. This means with S2-spindash there's no speed cap, making for faster times.

Kinda-annoyance: No 8-frame giant ring. This is more a cosmetic thing, obviously, but with 8-frame rings it looks really out of place. If you want an 8-frame giant ring, Taxman, I have one that I can throw your way (I don't care about credit or anything, I'd just like to see it used. :P)

#26 User is offline Cyberblade 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

• Can't catch me ya bastard!
  • Project:Sonic Shift
I've not come across any bugs yet, it's a little sluggish on a Droid 2 Global, but not too bad after a restart. But if we're taking suggestions too (Like I've seen Frameskip mentioned before) I would kill for some keyboard configuration. Touchscreens are teeerrrible for any type of gaming, no matter how 'good' you get it it'll still never be right without buttons. My Droid 2 has a keyboard, and I like to use a GameGripper to make it a lot easier to play with, but the Gamegripper doesn't line up with AWSD, if it were the same order it'd be AEXF on my keyboard with the GG attached.

#27 User is offline Icewarrior 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

• I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!!
Things to fix:
- I have no idea if this is intentionnal or not but the music that will be played during the race with Metal Sonic is the bad future one, even if I'm in the good future version of SS act 3.

Suggestions:
- an option to select either the US or JAP/EU OST for each act or zones would be welcomed.

#28 User is offline MDave 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

• Head Ninja
  • Project:BladeBattles - Indie PC game.
Concerning the Android download data problem, all day today, it woudn't download anything, no progress what so ever.

I noticed something. Each time the download fails, or refuses to start, it will try to start the whole download for everything again from scratch (at least for me, on my Samsung Galaxy S2 international model).

I decided to check out if there were any data it actually downloaded, and there is. Almost all the videos are downloaded, just a couple not working because they arn't fully downloaded or they have 0 file size. So I think the problem isn't just the download from the servers, but the way the game downloads the data? Why is it trying to download everything again from scratch when I have some data already from other attempts to download? Might want to check the behaviour of your download code, might not fully be the server's fault :)

Anyway, managed to get the data files from a friend. The game is absolutely brilliant, especially on a super amoled+ screen. Contrast and colours even better then a CRT, the game just pops, so well suited :)

PS: Is Sonic's turning speed slower then the original, in the Special Stages? I notice the camera dosn't bob up and down as much when you jump, it too making it harder to judge when to jump into the UFO's? One last thing, the second Special Stage has a background layer priority mix up :P The clouds. But I'm glad the backgrounds actually scroll in the right direction now compared to the original, or was it wrong in the original only when the camera turns around Sonic after he collects a time stone? No idea, because I've not managed to get a single one yet :P
This post has been edited by MDave: 15 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

#29 User is offline Namo 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

• take a screenshot of your heart
  • Project:dynamicite.org

View PostCinossu, on 15 December 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Bug: Sometimes, even with the badnik generator destroyed or all time stones collected, badniks still appear.

I can vouch for this one.

#30 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

• Wiki edits:41

View PostIcewarrior, on 15 December 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Things to fix:
- I have no idea if this is intentionnal or not but the music that will be played during the race with Metal Sonic is the bad future one, even if I'm in the good future version of SS act 3.

This is likely borrowed from the original Mega CD version, for versions using the Japanese soundtrack, the bad future music played whatever future you were in (likely for a more dynamic boss theme). This isn't in the US version or the PC/Gems version, likely because the US soundtrack has a less tranquil good future theme.

Does this occur with the US soundtrack option too?

• 34 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users