Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Retarded description of Sonic 2 in rental copy - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Retarded description of Sonic 2 in rental copy The "hints" section being the absolute worst part

#16 User is offline gold lightning 

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

• Wiki edits:2

View PostSik, on 23 November 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

View Postgold lightning, on 23 November 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

No they're obviously Japanese.
They're Chinese, and there's a good reason for it - you could put a thread through them and carry the coins around that way =P

Nope they are Japanese. My cousin gave them to me after his trip to Japan a while back, and furthermore here is what comes up on google images when you search "Japanese coins". Posted Image

Sorry for derailing thread here but I needed to correct this.

#17 User is offline Sodaholic 

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

• Colony ship for sale, cheap!
Here's a pic if anyone's interested.

http://I.imgur.com/lQeOU.jpg

#18 User is offline DNLeal 

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

• Former MMO addict
  • Project:Reading the archives...
Well this is certainly a funny description done on a whim after the folks pretty much played till chemical plant and call it a day. The fox one made me chuckle. What I'm more curious about it now is in regards to the last part concerning the game not being available for Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. It kinda also makes it sound like more countries were to be listed too.

Though wait a sec, first they say rings, then coins...? followed by the little fox comment. If it weren't for the part of "collect all the coins and watch out for enemies" at the beginning I was kinda thinking the "coins" were actually the chaos emeralds and the fox "helps you" collect more of the "coins"... in the special stage... get it?

#19 User is offline Sik 

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

• Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostDNLeal, on 28 November 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

What I'm more curious about it now is in regards to the last part concerning the game not being available for Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay.
Because those countries use PAL-N instead of NTSC, so theoretically you'd need an European system to run them... except because all TVs over here are multisystem so they support both PAL-N and NTSC, and Sega completely ignored that =/

#20 User is offline Dan Lioneye 

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

This reminds me of in the 90s when here both Sonic and Mario were about equally popular, and loads of kids used to call rings "coins" when talking about Sonic games. The fucking cretins. :argh: I could have punched the fuckers.

#21 User is offline OKei 

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

• OKeijiDragon
  • Project:My MOTHER-fucking-3 Documentary
  • Wiki edits:11
These descriptions take me back to the time when I rented Metal Gear Solid at a Blockbuster Video. Never did the back of the case mention how to switch discs mid-game. Until recently, I never experienced the second half of that game ever.

View PostUberham, on 23 November 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

why the hell do the coins have holes in them?
Those aren't coins. Those are cock rings.
This post has been edited by OKei: 29 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

#22 User is offline jawn.sith 

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostShadow Hog, on 23 November 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

The "don't be afraid of Tails" part is pretty funny, but admittedly, not many games of this genre featured a sidekick who followed you around at all times before Sonic 2 - at least, none come to mind.

I must admit- I WAS THAT KID who thought tails could hurt you at first (4 years old, understandable!)

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users