Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Personal help thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Personal help thread Kind of a stupid idea, but whatever.

#16 User is offline Sodaholic 

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

• Colony ship for sale, cheap!
Dunno if double posting is any more tolerated nowadays than it was in the Simon days, but the reason I'm double posting is because this is a rather separate issue, and most people have probably already read my previous post, so editing it wouldn't help much.

SonMapEd won't import sprites correctly. It still imports them, but despite the fact that my images that I'm importing match the palette precisely, it keeps assigning my transparent color to some solid color. (I'm using a color close to cyan as transparency, and no colors are even remotely similar) How do I go about making the damn thing cooperate?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12
Go to 'Settings' -> 'Image Importing' and make sure 'Assume Corner is Background' is unchecked, and that 'Direct/Nearest Match to Current Palette' is checked.

#18 User is offline Sodaholic 

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

View Postflamewing, on 05 December 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Go to 'Settings' -> 'Image Importing' and make sure 'Assume Corner is Background' is unchecked, and that 'Direct/Nearest Match to Current Palette' is checked.

It unfortunately is still turning to grey. It did work when I checked "Assume Corner is Background" and I changed the corner to cyan. Oh well, I guess that will have to do.

EDIT: Anyway, back to the subject of ASM. Some more features that I want to add to this hack, in order of most to least priority:

1. How do I implement that feature seen in other hacks where if you press the jump button in midair, Sonic will start spinning?

2. Also, how do I add Sonic CD style camera effects when the player is going very fast?

3. How can I rip Sonic CD FM sound effects and convert them to a format that can be used by Sonic 2's sound driver?

4. How do I add some elements of Sonic CD style physics? What I'm looking to do is make it so Sonic can control his horizontal trajectory in the air like in Sonic CD, move in the same way while under water (kinda like how when you spring out of the water, you go much faster once you are in air than in water), and cap Sonic's gravity to 16 pixels per frame?
This post has been edited by Sodaholic: 05 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

#19 User is offline Sodaholic 

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

The above post isn't as important as getting Sonic's walking animation changed. How can I make Sonic only use the first 6 frames of animation when walking, and go at the same speed as Sonic 1's walking animation speed? I also want to fix that bug where the first frame of animation in the walking animation only lasts one screen frame when it initializes.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users