Back in like 2003-2004 I remember playing some sonic fangame which I don't really recall the site I downloaded it from or the name. I do remember a lot of details that might help:
- It had a custom windows installer/uninstaller, as well as a folder in the Start menu.
- The author had a portuguese/brazilian name/surname IIRC, shown in the starting splash screen.
- It was a 2D platformer Sonic game, featuring many characters to unlock as you played through the main story with Sonic, and then the rest. Some characters I remember were in were Amy, Shadow, possibly Tails too.
- The sprites were Sonic Advance style I think, probably ripped straight from the sprite sheet.
- One of the final zones to unlock was some kind of clone of Doomsday zone.
- The physics were kind of weird sometimes, and I do remember a level featuring platforming with A LOT of balloons. The balloons didn't break, you just jumped off them.
- I think the first level in the game featured some kind of Button/Door mechanic.
- The level design was kinda "cheap" and really lacked some details all around.
- Most importantly, there was an optional versus mode where 2 players could fight in a small stage, using many of the different skills the characters had.
I think that #1, #2, and #9 are probably the most important details I remember. I'm not even sure if it was even a good game, I just remember playing it back for quite a while in those years. The game might still be from 1 or 2 years later though.
Anyone got any ideas of what am I talking about?