Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic the Hedgehog OmoChao Edition - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic the Hedgehog OmoChao Edition Now with more information! (v1.1 out, major bugfix)

#31 User is offline Alriightyman 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Project:0101001101101111011011100110100101100011 00000010: 0101001100000011 01000101011001000110100101110100011010010110111101101110
  • Wiki edits:5

View PostCinossu, on 12 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

There's a Perfect Rank run video now.

Wow. You are a sick sick person.

I TRIED to play this, and after accidently rolling into a bunch of rings I gave up. You have done a great job of annoying me with this.
By the way, I love the way the overworld looks. Very cool!

In all I do actually like this; it makes Sonic 1 much more difficult.

#32 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

• Project:Bowel reconstruction
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostCinossu, on 12 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Poststeveswede, on 12 November 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

I agree that this is a joke hack, to the point of annoying though. Sorry man it's a good concept but when executed like this I just don't want to play it any more.

*shrugs* Opinions. :P It wasn't OmoChao originally, just the message itself, with no challenge idea in it either. I thought it was better this way.. and yeah, it's meant to be annoying. :U

LOL mission accomplished then. If the punishments were replaced with stuff like a sinister laugh or odd words like loser it would work alot better (for me anyway). This version I have to say with all the increased stopping with coming in contact with something makes the momentum worse than Sonic 4. I wanted to rip out my hair after I heard the 1up music looped for the 6th time.

#33 User is offline Cinossu 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474

View Poststeveswede, on 12 November 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

This version I have to say with all the increased stopping with coming in contact with something makes the momentum worse than Sonic 4. I wanted to rip out my hair after I heard the 1up music looped for the 6th time.

The whole point is the stopping, and inconveniencing. :U Did you notice the timer still increasing, despite the game having "paused"? When Retro Channel gets added to this, times will be recorded too. That you have to wait an extended period after more messages is why it's vital you avoid as much as you can. :P

#34 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1
This game has proven to be unpleasant to play, but I suspect it'd be great for TAS'ing. The route planning would have to be entirely different from a vanilla run.

#35 User is offline Espyo 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

• Project:A rhythm game - PK Rhythm (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pkrhythm/)
  • Wiki edits:22
This hack had me laugh through the first parts. I didn't play that much, because a human being can only take so much Omochao, but I love it. I did however, during the time I played, find a glitch... What happens when you can cancel the game over animation, and said canceling allows you to continue the game as normal? Yep. Got down to 1 life, lost it, and during the game over sequence, Start -> A. I got taken to the hub with 0 lives. It was obvious what I needed to do now. Die again! And of course, I got the lives counter to underflow.

But I had yet another glitch happen, which could or not be related. After trying GHZ1 a few more times with my underflowed lives, I tried to see if I could actually reach the goal with 50 rings. I took too much time, and at the 30 minute mark, I got a time over. Note that this happened when I was collecting that huge set of rings in the air, after GHZ1's double S tunnel. When I got the time over, I got sent back to the hub... without a floor. I just kept falling and dying. I could've waited to see if a game over would fix this, had I waited for 250+ falls, but I had to go eat dinner.
Could this glitch be related to the fact that I had a bunch of lives? I doubt it, might have been more because I was collecting all those rings at once.

#36 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
This is evil. Hilarious, but evil. Definitely goes under my list of "games significantly more fun to watch than play" though.

#37 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostCinossu, on 12 November 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

This version I have to say with all the increased stopping with coming in contact with something makes the momentum worse than Sonic 4. I wanted to rip out my hair after I heard the 1up music looped for the 6th time.

The whole point is the stopping, and inconveniencing. :U Did you notice the timer still increasing, despite the game having "paused"? When Retro Channel gets added to this, times will be recorded too. That you have to wait an extended period after more messages is why it's vital you avoid as much as you can. :P

Maybe you could just add time penalties to the end of the level for every time omochao gives advice. I get the point of the game but after a certain point like if you jump wrong and start going downhill and you hit all those fucking rings, shit goes insane after a bit.

Oh and if anyone is confused, Special stage rings show up without having to get 50 rings. If you had to get 50 rings you'd go insane
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 12 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

#38 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

• Tief.Tiefer
  • Project:Sonic ERaZor
  • Wiki edits:320

View PostEspyo, on 12 November 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

But I had yet another glitch happen, which could or not be related. After trying GHZ1 a few more times with my underflowed lives, I tried to see if I could actually reach the goal with 50 rings. I took too much time, and at the 30 minute mark, I got a time over. Note that this happened when I was collecting that huge set of rings in the air, after GHZ1's double S tunnel. When I got the time over, I got sent back to the hub... without a floor. I just kept falling and dying. I could've waited to see if a game over would fix this, had I waited for 250+ falls, but I had to go eat dinner.
Could this glitch be related to the fact that I had a bunch of lives? I doubt it, might have been more because I was collecting all those rings at once.

I also had this glitch yesterday: http://oi39.tinypic.com/akixqr.jpg

Not really much to say, all I know is that I was running deliberately into rings, enemies, etc. because I was curious what that hidden message could be. Obviously I didn't spent 30 minutes watching my screen, so I hit the 8x frame skip whenever OmoChao started one of his speeches. I had around 40 rings when the time ran out, and I only had a single life left when I got the Time Over. I was sent to the overworld, no floor, I died, I cried. The end.

But this was a one-of-a-kind thing and I couldn't recreate it. But then again, who cares? I already got GHZ and MZ perfect and I will pwn each and everyone of you! >:D

#39 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostSelbi, on 12 November 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostEspyo, on 12 November 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

I also had this glitch yesterday: http://oi39.tinypic.com/akixqr.jpg

Not really much to say, all I know is that I was running deliberately into rings, enemies, etc. because I was curious what that hidden message could be. Obviously I didn't spent 30 minutes watching my screen, so I hit the 8x frame skip whenever OmoChao started one of his speeches. I had around 40 rings when the time ran out, and I only had a single life left when I got the Time Over. I was sent to the overworld, no floor, I died, I cried. The end.

But this was a one-of-a-kind thing and I couldn't recreate it. But then again, who cares? I already got GHZ and MZ perfect and I will pwn each and everyone of you! >:D

I encountered that too. What happens is you probably hit a checkpoint. If you go back to the hub world it'll place you right were the checkpoint is addressed in the level you were just in, only in the hub. Since the checkpoint is located under the hub floor, you just keep dying forever.

#40 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

• Wiki edits:4
You are an evil bastard, but I love this hack at the same time. Pretty much impossible to play well on my phone. I'll give it a more serious try when I have access to my computer.

#41 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

• Project:Bowel reconstruction
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostCinossu, on 12 November 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

I know it's the point of it but to me it's too much even to the point where I don't want to try another go at it. It's good work what you've done but it's not for me.

#42 User is offline DalekSam 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

• dubstep extrodinaire
  • Project:Sonic Thrash, Amphobius
  • Wiki edits:165
Perfected GHZ and MZ1 at the minute. It's annoying but enjoyable somehow.

That said, I'm so OCD I haven't even touched other levels as I'm wanting to perfect *everything*. :v:

#43 User is offline Cinossu 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474
Hey guys, a v1.2 will be out soon with some (quite) major changes. Bugs have been fixed, and SRAM has been swapped around a bit. Don't worry, old files will work and be converted to the new format, but the previous version didn't save times, even though it was meant to. Whops. It'll have saved times of 30 minutes for all your levels, unfortunately, but it'll keep your ranks.

There might be something extra fun in there too.

#44 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

• Tief.Tiefer
  • Project:Sonic ERaZor
  • Wiki edits:320
Make sure you include a bug fix for the bats in MZ Act 2: http://oi42.tinypic.com/fxf1cn.jpg

They seem to use the same graphics as the rank meter at the end of a level.
This post has been edited by Selbi: 13 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

#45 User is offline Meat Miracle 

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

• Wiki edits:2
Suggestion: make omochao say "If you press forward, you can move forward". (and/or press backward to move backwards, whatever)

Like, if you stay in place for too long.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users