Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Megathread II - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 226 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 48
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic Generations Megathread II WORD ON THE STREET: IT CAN'T BE BEAT

#736 User is offline JackSkellinghog 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

  • Posts: 366
  • Joined: 23-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England
  • Wiki edits:13

View PostHero Of Fate, on 02 November 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Yes, the main cause of input lag is actually due to the TV more often than the game. Mostly has to do with HDTV refresh rates. I have no problems with my Toshiba HD TV, though, never have. I'm not sure but, would HDMI connection help any?


That's what made me lag.

#737 User is offline Dr. Ed 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

  • Posts: 24
  • Joined: 01-July 11
I'm using playing the 360 version on an HDTV at 1080p and don't seem to be having any problems. You can't get a much higher refresh rate that what my tv has though. and I'm using HDMI. I do have the new 360 so that might make a difference(one of my friends older ones seems to have problems playing newer games)

Also... This game is absolutely fantastic! Yeah the final boss sucks though. Only good final boss we've had as supersonic was in s3&k IMO
This post has been edited by Dr. Ed: 02 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

#738 User is offline Caniad Bach 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

  • Has blue arms
  • Posts: 1389
  • Joined: 18-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cardiff
I'm running 720p through HDMI, and there's no noticeable lag whatsoever when using the PS3 controller. It only goes squiffy with the USB pad.

#739 User is offline Kogen 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

  • Derp
  • Posts: 628
  • Joined: 16-February 04
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Bouvet Island
  • Project:Last Party on the Moon
  • Wiki edits:28
I played both demos on each console on an LCD TV and experienced no noticeable lag. I would agree it is probably other people's TVs/connections and not the game. I heard a lot about the PS3 version having issues, but they did not exist for me.
This post has been edited by Kogen: 02 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

#740 User is offline corneliab 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

  • Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES?
  • Posts: 1265
  • Joined: 12-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:not posting drunk
  • Wiki edits:21
Man, I just realized that grabbing the sneakers when there's custom music playing will trigger the Sonic Adventure speed-up theme.

That's a weird but cool touch.

This post has been edited by corneliab: 02 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

#741 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

  • Powered by Crytek. Maximum Game.
  • Posts: 3292
  • Joined: 06-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:9

View Postcorneliab, on 02 November 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

Man, I just realized that grabbing the sneakers when there's custom music playing will trigger the Sonic Adventure speed-up theme.

That's a weird but cool touch.



It's not weird. When you get speed shoes on any other stage, the music doesn't actually speed up in real time, it switches to another track that begins with a speed up remix of the song, that then transitions back to the normal song for the remainder of the track, and then, when that track ends, it goes back to the normal song.

They play the SA Speed-up theme because they don't have alternate fast tracks for every remix in the game.

#742 User is offline corneliab 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

  • Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES?
  • Posts: 1265
  • Joined: 12-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:not posting drunk
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostCooljerk, on 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

It's not weird. When you get speed shoes on any other stage, the music doesn't actually speed up in real time, it switches to another track that begins with a speed up remix of the song, that then transitions back to the normal song for the remainder of the track, and then, when that track ends, it goes back to the normal song.

They play the SA Speed-up theme because they don't have alternate fast tracks for every remix in the game.


Like I didn't already know this.

It was weird to me since I wasn't expecting this tune to show up. In retrospect it makes sense though, since I what else are they going to pick?

#743 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

  • MODE CHANGE.
  • Posts: 2732
  • Joined: 08-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:WV
  • Wiki edits:178

View Postcorneliab, on 02 November 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

Spoiler



Spoiler


#744 User is offline Dusk Golem 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

  • Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie...
  • Posts: 861
  • Joined: 07-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostSomeSortOfRobot, on 02 November 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

How do you get that hidden red ring in classic Speed Highway?

Spoiler


Or it might have been this ring, as there was two well hidden ones in my opinion.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Dusk Golem: 02 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

#745 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

  • Fuck it
  • Posts: 7389
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:91

View Postcorneliab, on 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostCooljerk, on 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

It's not weird. When you get speed shoes on any other stage, the music doesn't actually speed up in real time, it switches to another track that begins with a speed up remix of the song, that then transitions back to the normal song for the remainder of the track, and then, when that track ends, it goes back to the normal song.

They play the SA Speed-up theme because they don't have alternate fast tracks for every remix in the game.


Like I didn't already know this.

It was weird to me since I wasn't expecting this tune to show up. In retrospect it makes sense though, since I what else are they going to pick?


http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xu0GFaI42NE perhaps? :P

#746 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

  • Fresh coat of paint
  • Posts: 7962
  • Joined: 21-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:10
Oh help needed

Spoiler


#747 User is offline MissingNoL 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 23-October 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brentwood, California
Hey, some guy's truckin' it on a list of the Red Ring Locations.
I believe he's at Modern Seaside Hill as of now.

EDIT: Oh, and Toxic Caves for Classic Chemical Plant? Winning.
This post has been edited by MissingNoL: 02 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

#748 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

  • Powered by Crytek. Maximum Game.
  • Posts: 3292
  • Joined: 06-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:9

View Postcorneliab, on 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostCooljerk, on 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

It's not weird. When you get speed shoes on any other stage, the music doesn't actually speed up in real time, it switches to another track that begins with a speed up remix of the song, that then transitions back to the normal song for the remainder of the track, and then, when that track ends, it goes back to the normal song.

They play the SA Speed-up theme because they don't have alternate fast tracks for every remix in the game.


I didn't know this


Everyone laugh at corneliab's ignorance, he was clearly ignorant.

Spoiler


#749 User is offline KittenBurglar 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 06-July 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
What the hell is "Direct Jump" supposed to be?

#750 User is offline Narstyle 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

  • Posts: 243
  • Joined: 07-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, UK
  • Project:Android Developments
Well, got an e-mail from Graingergames.co.uk saying the CE's been dispatched by First Class Recorded Royal Mail. So I'm *hoping* it'll arrive tomorrow, for when I return and visit home from Uni for the weekend.

Can. Not. Wait. But I'll probably be playing little of it this weekend with so much visiting to do back home.

  • 226 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 48
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users