Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Megathread II - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 226 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Generations Megathread II WORD ON THE STREET: IT CAN'T BE BEAT

#2821 User is offline Jaseman 

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

• The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer!
  • Project:Some unamed Sonic hack
  • Wiki edits:16
Maybe a retrogoer would be willing to sell you one for less; they're pretty cheap now in the US

#2822 User is offline FuzzballFox 

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

• Hmmmmm
  • Project:Nothing anymore

View PostBlue Wisp, on 28 February 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

70+ bucks, even used. Posted Image

Wow really? D:
Might be worth asking someone here who lives in the states to ship you a copy- would be worth it in my opinion~

#2823 User is offline Blue Wisp 

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

• Easy on the car okay
Despite how much I would love to have Sonic Generations, I will just wait for a cheap copy to show up, have patience. Posted Image

Plus I don't think I could buy it from here, I'm rather restricted in the online shopping department. Posted Image

#2824 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostSonic Warrior TJ, on 28 February 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Stay in the center as much you can while dodging Homing Shots ... and hit him when he comes back, avoiding his Homing Shots

Easier said than done. There's not really much warning or indication on those homing shots, how are we supposed to know when he's going to do it?

#2825 User is offline Vaiyt 

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

• Oglio p'ru ├žeu

View PostBlue Wisp, on 28 February 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Despite how much I would love to have Sonic Generations, I will just wait for a cheap copy to show up, have patience. Posted Image

Plus I don't think I could buy it from here, I'm rather restricted in the online shopping department. Posted Image

Impossible to miss: it's when <insert obnoxious character here> is shouting LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT, which you will come to hate after the umpteenth time.
This post has been edited by Vaiyt: 01 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

#2826 User is offline Blue Wisp 

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

• Easy on the car okay
I think you quoted the wrong post, Vaiyt. Posted Image

So I played Modern Speed Highway in my friend's PS3. Am I the only one that had difficulties in the drifting highway part near the end of the level?
This post has been edited by Blue Wisp: 01 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

#2827 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

• Cat-herder
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostCovarr, on 01 March 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

View PostSonic Warrior TJ, on 28 February 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Stay in the center as much you can while dodging Homing Shots ... and hit him when he comes back, avoiding his Homing Shots

Easier said than done. There's not really much warning or indication on those homing shots, how are we supposed to know when he's going to do it?

Yeah, Sega really missed a trick on that. Could have done with an audio cue or something...

#2828 User is offline Burnt Ash 

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

• Sonic + faceground = <3

View PostBlue Wisp, on 01 March 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

So I played Modern Speed Highway in my friend's PS3. Am I the only one that had difficulties in the drifting highway part near the end of the level?

Is that the one with the cars you have to avoid? It is difficult at first, but you have to drift at the right spot. Generations's drift is an inside drift, so it's best to drift by the inner walls.

#2829 User is offline Blue Wisp 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

• Easy on the car okay

View PostBurnt Ash, on 01 March 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostBlue Wisp, on 01 March 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Is that the one with the cars you have to avoid? It is difficult at first, but you have to drift at the right spot. Generations's drift is an inside drift, so it's best to drift by the inner walls.

Yup, that's the one. Sonic was uncontrollable in that part for me, he kept going nonstop crashing with the walls. Then again, I have to get used to Sonic Generations' drift so it's kind of obvious that I would have problems in that part. :v:

#2830 User is offline Trunks 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

• AGAIN TRY
  • Project:Sure to be Ban'd, The Bancast, Trunks & Soto, iLove
  • Wiki edits:30
If you're looking to grab a copy on PC, now's a damn good time. Sonic Generations is $10.19 right now on Amazon and is redeemable on Steam.

http://amzn.to/sWzmT7

#2831 User is offline Burnt Ash 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

• Sonic + faceground = <3
Aw man. It's times like these when I wish I had a gaming PC. I'd love to get it, if my laptop could handle Gens. I tried the demo, and it can barely handle Classic Sonic's gameplay at the lowest resolution. Playing around with the various Generations mods would be awesome.

#2832 User is offline Toasty 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

• BulbaSAUR!
  • Wiki edits:3
I just want to start out by saying I'm totally a 2D person, I never played Sonic Adventure or Sonic Heroes or anything really and enjoyed it. I know there are a lot of people out there that try to tell me those are the better of the 3D games, but I hate them. Too much talking, story, and worst of all, shit gameplay. I liked Sonic Colors and think it's the best 3D game I've played so far, but Sonic Generations is just a unique experience. I will say this is fucking good. I thought "oh, well, it has 2D levels, I'll enjoy those way more than the 3D zones!" That's definitely not the case; I have a new love for 3D Sonic games.

I've almost completed Green Hill Zone completely, all I have left now is finding 5 more red rings in 2D mode. After going 3D I don't wanna go back, it's so much fun. Should I be brave and try the really shitty games like Sonic 2006 and Sonic Riders?

I love this game!

#2833 User is online Aerosol 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
I'm wondering if I should buy that copy now, for when I get a decent enough to play it...

Does anyone know how long that'll be on sale for?

#2834 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostToasty, on 03 March 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

I just want to start out by saying I'm totally a 2D person, I never played Sonic Adventure or Sonic Heroes or anything really and enjoyed it. I know there are a lot of people out there that try to tell me those are the better of the 3D games, but I hate them. Too much talking, story, and worst of all, shit gameplay. I liked Sonic Colors and think it's the best 3D game I've played so far, but Sonic Generations is just a unique experience. I will say this is fucking good. I thought "oh, well, it has 2D levels, I'll enjoy those way more than the 3D zones!" That's definitely not the case; I have a new love for 3D Sonic games.

I've almost completed Green Hill Zone completely, all I have left now is finding 5 more red rings in 2D mode. After going 3D I don't wanna go back, it's so much fun. Should I be brave and try the really shitty games like Sonic 2006 and Sonic Riders?

I love this game!

Fuck no, don't play '06 unless it's on PS3 and you have Gene's save.

Riders is cool though. :p

#2835 User is offline Toasty 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

• BulbaSAUR!
  • Wiki edits:3
No idea but is the 3DS version anything like the PS3 game? Is it like, awesome too? I only have the PS3 version, is the game pretty much the same?

EDIT: If anyone wants to add me and compare trophies and stuff, my name is chocobokrisp2007. Not really sure if there's an online co-op mode? I just started, so my trophy collection isn't amazing :P
This post has been edited by Toasty: 03 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

• 226 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users