Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Chaos Disassembly - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Page 1 of 1

Sonic Chaos Disassembly

#1 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
Though my disassembly isn't split yet, I thought I'd release the first version. Right now, I don't have much time to work on this and my Sonic 2 hack and I have stuff going on in real life. I'd like to work on this again sometime in the future, but I can't at this moment of time. Maybe someone could use this, I dunno. :\ Most of it still needs to be commented though. Oh and this is my Master System disassembly, I'm not sure if I'm even going to touch my Game Gear one anymore. And this is a disassembly of version 1.20. Here's a link:
http://www.mediafire...89gb2jnf8o9of36
Maybe someone could port some code from this into Sonic 2, like I did for my hack. :v:

#2 User is offline Ambil 

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

• I want that heinous hedgehog hammered!
  • Wiki edits:88
Nobody talks about this? I would, but still don't know enough Sonic Chaos to start hacking it.

#3 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
Sonic Chaos is very similar to Sonic 2. Infact, it was build upon Sonic 2's engine. (But I'm sure you knew that already. xP) Most RAM offsets are exactly the same in Sonic Chaos, there's of course a few different ones for added power ups (such as the Rocket Shoes). And they're even the same in Triple Trouble as well. The ones I can remember atm, are Sonic & Tails' velocity (both horizontal and vertical) as well as the player definitions. And as for talking about it, well it's incomplete right now so that's probably why. :v: I was making a list of global RAM addresses, but kind of stopped. :\ I'll probably continue it, but it's probably not worth adding a download link since you could basically get them from Sonic 2's disassembly.

#4 User is offline Elektro-Omega 

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

• Mushroom Hill'in
  • Project:-
It's incredible that you have got a disassembly out and I can't wait to see what people make with this. I wouldn't know where to start hacking the SMS games but this is an impressive feat none-the-less.

Plus, I'm with what Ambil was saying, why is nobody talking about this?
This post has been edited by Elektro-Omega: 11 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users