don't click here

xm4smps 4.1 'beta'

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Puto, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Not sure if anyone even still uses this besides me, but whatever. I haven't touched xm4smps's source code in over 2 years and I don't really intend to touch it again for another ten, but I was informed that the current version exploded on XMs created on OpenMPT 1.19+. So I got some info on the subject from Oerg and Saga_Musix on #modulez on Esper, grabbed the last source code I had, and fixed it. You might as well get all the new features I'd actually made before I stopped bothering with it, too; previewing is completely disabled because it doesn't work (it's not even compiled in; feel free to try to fix it yourself if you want. It's a mess and allegro is a pain), but 32x support should work just fine (I've been using it for ages and never had any serious problems), and savestating probably works but I haven't used it in years so I honestly can't be sure. Loading x3v files sometimes crashed it in the previous version due to a bad memory free; that is fixed too. Consider this 'beta' for that reason. Though a final isn't really likely to come out...

Windows binary is here and source code is here. Have fun.