Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 220 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

#2911 User is offline The Taxman 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

• Project:Retro Engine & Related Projects
  • Wiki edits:15
It's not out yet! I can't say when though, it'll appear soonish.

#2912 User is offline MastaSys 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

• The nightmares? They never go away.
  • Wiki edits:3
I just hope the other versions are patched, I mean.... the W7 Phone version being the defenitive version of Sonic CD?
Blehrg..... (No offence to those who have such.... *trynottolaugh* phone....)

#2913 User is offline Morph 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA2 netplay & hax, SADX:FE
  • Wiki edits:11
I too hope that the other versions aren't neglected, as an owner of the PC version myself. =S

#2914 User is offline W.A.C. 

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

• I abuse text smilies way too much.
  • Project:Art Assets for a Game Project
  • Wiki edits:2
Uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh...

So I'm trying to get the Saviour of the Planet achievement, did the first six bonus stages successfully, got all of the robot teleporters and Metal Sonic holograms from the first three zones, and then I enter QQ Act 1. While trying to go to the past, I was going so damn fast that I accidentally hit the goal. I tried to exit the game as quick as I can before it auto-saved but I was too late. I exit it from the seventh special stages, go to the menu, and noticed that returning to that save file would just put me in that special stage. :/ Now I'm going to have to start all over again just to get that achievement. I wish I had the ability to copy saved data because I probably would have backed up that save file earlier in case something like this happened.

#2915 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:TOO MANY. BUT ONE LESS.
  • Wiki edits:5
Outta curiosity, The Taxman, do you think you could make a deal with SEGA for you to make your own free-of-charge (on SEGA's end at least) PC "port" of Sonic CD? Yeah there's already a PC version, but possibly you could use your own version as a "patch" or alternate version for people to use :v:

I mean, no harm in just asking right? Even if they flat out tell you no, at least you tried :P I mean, a version made specifically by you would have direct fan input (the good kind knowing you), and any updates to it would only help the version, right?

EDIT: Yeah this is probably me just having empty hopes but oh well; your PC version looks actually useful :E Just unfortunate SEGA didn't go to you first/instead.
This post has been edited by Chimera: 27 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

#2916 User is offline Toasty 

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

• BulbaSAUR!
  • Wiki edits:3
My boyfriend and I decided to buy this, it was only $5 on PSN. I love the new added content, playable Tails?! Unfortunately I'm having trouble with the game, I used to be pro at it (I originally played it on Sonic Gems Collection) but now I can't seem to beat the special stages. I've earned a few trophies, I find the "defeat Metal Sonic without getting hurt" trophy to be impossible though, haha. It's so nice they added the option to change the soundtrack, when I first started the game I was sad it was JP music, but I got it switched over.

Still trying to get all the Time Stones :( by the way can anyone answer this question: do you still get a perfect ending if you don't get a Good Future in the first few zones but get all the Time Stones by the end of the game? I can't be fucked to destroy all the badnik generators, I always try to go the time stone route because it's easier. Now if I could just beat a special stage...

#2917 User is offline UltraFireBro 

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostToasty, on 04 March 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

My boyfriend and I decided to buy this, it was only $5 on PSN. I love the new added content, playable Tails?! Unfortunately I'm having trouble with the game, I used to be pro at it (I originally played it on Sonic Gems Collection) but now I can't seem to beat the special stages. I've earned a few trophies, I find the "defeat Metal Sonic without getting hurt" trophy to be impossible though, haha. It's so nice they added the option to change the soundtrack, when I first started the game I was sad it was JP music, but I got it switched over.

Still trying to get all the Time Stones :( by the way can anyone answer this question: do you still get a perfect ending if you don't get a Good Future in the first few zones but get all the Time Stones by the end of the game? I can't be fucked to destroy all the badnik generators, I always try to go the time stone route because it's easier. Now if I could just beat a special stage...

Yeah, getting all the Time Stones will always give you the best ending.

#2918 User is offline The Taxman 

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

• Project:Retro Engine & Related Projects
  • Wiki edits:15
While everyone was probably mulling over footage of Ep 2, this was also at the mobile conference last week.

Haptics Integration

#2919 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
So basically what they're saying is they added a rumble feature.

I'm confused at the ground breakingness of this achievement. However the game still looks as awesome as always, and I have to wonder why we can't get this classy gentleman to show off Sonic 4 instead of Ken.
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 06 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

#2920 User is offline Solid SOAP 

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

• has covered wars
This is random, but... is it safe to say that cumulatively this mobile rerelease of Sonic CD sold more than the original SEGA CD release?

#2921 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostSolid SOAP, on 06 March 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

This is random, but... is it safe to say that cumulatively this mobile rerelease of Sonic CD sold more than the original SEGA CD release?

Ummm... yes

It probably sold more then total Sega CDs sold. Who owned that system (I do but still)

#2922 User is offline OKei 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

• OKeijiDragon
  • Project:My MOTHER-fucking-3 Documentary, 60FPS videos (YAY!)
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostElratauru, on 23 February 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Actually, its a port (to PC) of a port (From 360) of a port (from PC) of a port (from Gamecube) of a port (from Dreamcast, because SADX is not that different) :v:
I laughed so hard at this.

This should be called Segalogy, the study of companies over-porting shit.
This post has been edited by OKei: 07 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

#2923 User is offline ashthedragon 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
Am I the only one who finds Ken charismatic and huggable? I love his PR antics :(

#2924 User is offline Nova 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

• Doubleplus Masculine
  • Wiki edits:17

View Postashthedragon, on 07 March 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Am I the only one who finds Ken charismatic and huggable? I love his PR antics :(

No, I assure you you're not. While I don't hold the projects he's worked on in high regard, I can see he's really trying to just do his job and I feel bad for him when I read these threads and see so many people just mindlessly throwing blame around.

Come on, how can anyone get mad at a guy who cut his beard into Tails' tails? Seriously? :v:

#2925 User is offline NioZero 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

• Project:Tornado Sky Fighters
  • Wiki edits:5
I bought the game for steam and is fantastic... I gave away five copies to some friends...

Really good game, I really wanted a re-release of this game, personally the best of all sonic 2d game...

Congrats Taxman for this achievement...

• 220 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users