Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 3 in 1 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...
 

Sonic 3 in 1

#46 User is offline Tiddles 

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

  • Diamond Dust
  • Posts: 427
  • Joined: 25-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nottingham, England
  • Project:Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
  • Wiki edits:31
I just got an old parallel port computer out of the museum to test it on my old MD Pro, and I'm afraid it's having the same problem as the other flashcart: Sonic 3 just won't go. It hangs on the black screen once the menu's faded out from selecting it.

I did indeed get it to fire up once though, on the other cart, and it seemed to work just fine, although I didn't try playing a save and testing that SRAM was stored (it probably would have been hard to say since I never got S3 going again!) I wish I knew what the difference was that one time. That oddity still makes me reluctant to rule out some kind of hardware problem over here, but nevertheless, that's two flashcarts out of two for me that aren't playing that bit. :(

#47 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

  • Elite Hacker
  • Posts: 712
  • Joined: 11-October 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brasil
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostTiddles, on 23 July 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

I just got an old parallel port computer out of the museum to test it on my old MD Pro, and I'm afraid it's having the same problem as the other flashcart: Sonic 3 just won't go. It hangs on the black screen once the menu's faded out from selecting it.

I did indeed get it to fire up once though, on the other cart, and it seemed to work just fine, although I didn't try playing a save and testing that SRAM was stored (it probably would have been hard to say since I never got S3 going again!) I wish I knew what the difference was that one time. That oddity still makes me reluctant to rule out some kind of hardware problem over here, but nevertheless, that's two flashcarts out of two for me that aren't playing that bit. :(

Random suggestion: if you take either of the flashcarts that worked and delete/clear the SRAM, does it work again?

#48 User is offline Jimmy Hedgehog 

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

  • Posts: 1196
  • Joined: 13-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England - Slough
  • Project:RAoSTH (Sprite Comic)
  • Wiki edits:2
I can't for the life of me remember if other compilatiosn did this, but when you're in a game and soft reset it takes you back to that game. Probably meant to happen, but again I don't remember.

#49 User is offline Tiddles 

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

  • Diamond Dust
  • Posts: 427
  • Joined: 25-December 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nottingham, England
  • Project:Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
  • Wiki edits:31

View Postflamewing, on 23 July 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

Random suggestion: if you take either of the flashcarts that worked and delete/clear the SRAM, does it work again?

Hmm, I remember wondering about that now. I'll try to make time to test that soon. (I have vague recollections of wanting to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon the last time I tried to manipulate SRAM on either, so I want a good run at it.)

#50 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

  • Posts: 8872
  • Joined: 11-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spain
  • Wiki edits:18

View PostJimmy Hedgehog, on 23 July 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

I can't for the life of me remember if other compilatiosn did this, but when you're in a game and soft reset it takes you back to that game. Probably meant to happen, but again I don't remember.
I think that every compilation out there does that, except for those pirates that cycle through games on soft reset.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 25 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

#51 User is offline GasparXR 

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

  • I'm back!
  • Posts: 425
  • Joined: 12-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Espanola, Ontario, Canada
  • Project:Super Mario XR
  • Wiki edits:29
Wow, I really haven't keeping up with this place. This looks and functions great, though like other people I would like S&K in there as well. Reminds me of back in the days a few years ago when I had the idea for a future ProSonic project where the four games were to be packaged into one as if it was one game.

#52 User is offline JigenD 

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 24-July 08
  • Gender:Male

View PostAerosolSP, on 15 July 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

View PostLordOfSquad, on 15 July 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

What I'd really like to see is the games homogenized in terms of style. It wouldn't even have to be full graphical overhauls, but making the characters sprites the same across all 3-4 games, remixing Sonic 1 and 2's music using Sonic 3K instruments, using one style of title cards, HUD, monitor styles and such. I can't imagine it being very hard, and it is the little things that count most sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing what this project's revisions will bring to the table. You impress as always.


This is kinda what I'm doing already, starting with Sonic 2. It's a great idea!




THIS WOULD BE SO PERFECT ! I have always preferred the sprites, monitors and shields of Sonic 1/cd. Hypothetically speaking, it would be great if 2 versions were released: Something like "The Sonic Trilogy: S1 edition" and "The Sonic Trilogy: S3&K edition". If, in addition to what lordofsquat said, there were also small cutscenes connecting the games stories together, and a sega cd release (cd quality music fuck + ability to customize the soundtrack), I would nerdgasm with the strength of a thousand dragons.
This post has been edited by JigenD: 27 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

#53 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

  • Amigo
  • Posts: 1300
  • Joined: 07-August 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Hampshire, USA
  • Project:Sonic Triad Studio
  • Wiki edits:1
This is slowly starting to sound a little bit like my fan game in progress.

  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users