Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 44 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#331 User is offline TheJediLuke 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

• I bet you can hear the chorus in your head too.
I didn't see this in any of the pictures so far, but is anyone else carrying one of these wallets as well?

Posted Image

Got mine from a Spencer's Gifts shop. Be prepared for your money to run out faster though...

#332 User is offline Cyrus Parker 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

• Retro's resident wrassler
I have that wallet, that's the one I'm currently using.

And so this isn't a wasted post, I found this shirt on Hot Topic's site:
Posted Image

I'd totally get it if they didn't mess up the color on his arms.

#333 User is offline Ch1pper 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

• Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less
  • Project:Life.
  • Wiki edits:40
Hehheh, that's a nifty shirt.

But really, how the hell does that miscolored arm thing keep happening? It's always on old-school Classic designs, and I think has been around since his inception here in the States. It's rather mind-boggling that it would STILL show up in such a prominent form in this day and age.

#334 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostCyrus Parker, on 14 March 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

I have that wallet, that's the one I'm currently using.

And so this isn't a wasted post, I found this shirt on Hot Topic's site:
Posted Image

I'd totally get it if they didn't mess up the color on his arms.

>Hot Topic
>Shirt says "You're Too Slow"

I see.

#335 User is offline TheJediLuke 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

• I bet you can hear the chorus in your head too.
I've been searching around for a good Chaos Emerald set to pick up. I'm not interested in the plastic ones I've seen. I want to find a good set of diamond glass ones that you see every once in a while. I know they're not official merchandise, but they still look pretty nice. So my question is, does anyone know of a good place to find these? If you know of a site with a good variety of sizes and colors with a decent price, I would appreciate your input, please and thank you.

Posted Image

#336 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community
Went to Toys R Us to pick up some clearance games. A coupon for 5 dollars off 25 printed out (I later found out you can't use the coupon until April) so I thought I'd check out the Sonic section.

I saw the Jazzware Classic Amy figure packaged with a Classic Sonic I already own and issue one of the Archie Genesis arc. I was like "Damn you Jazzwares for not making this Classic Amy a seperate thing) and grabbed it for 12.99. I also saw the statue of the two Sonics we were all talking about for 14.99. God awful paint job, but I buy anything Classic Sonic related so I picked that up too.

For those who haven't picked up either Eggman pack, they're on clearance for 9.98. Not a bad purchase at all. The shelf tag for the Classic Eggman said something interesting on it-- "Dr. Ivo". Made me sad we were that close to having Robotnik merchandise in the 2010's. Fucking Sega.

#337 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostTheJediLuke, on 18 March 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

I've been searching around for a good Chaos Emerald set to pick up. I'm not interested in the plastic ones I've seen. I want to find a good set of diamond glass ones that you see every once in a while. I know they're not official merchandise, but they still look pretty nice. So my question is, does anyone know of a good place to find these? If you know of a site with a good variety of sizes and colors with a decent price, I would appreciate your input, please and thank you.

Posted Image

Go here: http://www.phoenixor...n/artglass0.htm

They have the seven colors you're looking for, as long as you're willing to substitute clear for gray. They have a wide variety of sizes, but they get pretty pricey if you want to make your set "life-size" (About the size of a baseball or slightly bigger.)
This post has been edited by Ashram: 25 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

#338 User is offline atUnderdogK 

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostTheJediLuke, on 18 March 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

If you wanted an actual Chaos Emerald, you can go to http://mythicalfair....tegory&path=20.

I bought my chaos emerald from this group at an anime convention a few years back. I got the large (100mm) in green (the $50 one). I'm pretty sure it's glass. Feels really heavy and comes with a nice stand. It's large enough to comfortably fit in an adult hand. I can take a few pictures if you want.

I was going to get the 80mm medium emeralds in each color and have the large be the "master emerald". But I haven't fallen into enough cash to justify spending over $200 for display items..... yet.

#339 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

• Wiki edits:6
I take it that this wasn't posted here yet?

Posted Image
We are proud to announce that we will soon be kicking off a new line of Modern Sonic the Hedgehog collectibles! First up? Sonic himself! Check out the teaser trailer!

As this is a new line, new numbers will be up for grabs so make sure you check back often for when he will go live!

#340 User is offline ReBirFh 

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Everytime I see those new statues by first4figure I become a little sad because they stopped the 5 inch series, they had great quality and an accessible price.
I just wanted Super Sonic and Robotinick versions to complete the classic gang.

#341 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community
I hope the Modern line doesn't slow down the Classic line. Seriously, I want classic versions of EVERYTHING. I want badnik statues too

#342 User is offline Nova 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

• Doubleplus Masculine
  • Wiki edits:17
Might have to get a F4F Modern statue. :v:
I like classic Sonic games better than I like the current games, but I'm of the controversial opinion that Modern looks better and is more relevant to the series and my enjoyment of it right now. Classic Sonic in Generations was okay but by no means a return to brilliance - Modern Sonic was a far superior experience if you ask me.

#343 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostNova, on 31 March 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

I like classic Sonic games better than I like the current games, but I'm of the controversial opinion that Modern looks better and is more relevant to the series and my enjoyment of it right now. Classic Sonic in Generations was okay but by no means a return to brilliance - Modern Sonic was a far superior experience if you ask me.

Simply by design, the Modern style is far more suited to figures. The longer limbs and non-spherical bodies make them easier to pose and less awkward looking. I'm still going to collect the entire line of both Classic and Modern, but the latter might just end up being my favourite.

#344 User is offline Nova 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

• Doubleplus Masculine
  • Wiki edits:17

View PostBlue Blood, on 31 March 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

View PostNova, on 31 March 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Simply by design, the Modern style is far more suited to figures. The longer limbs and non-spherical bodies make them easier to pose and less awkward looking. I'm still going to collect the entire line of both Classic and Modern, but the latter might just end up being my favourite.

Most definitely - I have both of the 10'' figures that Jazwares did (Modern and Classic) and I think Modern looks way better - that said, putting Classic next to him made the pair look twice as good so if I can get both I'm not too fussed. :v:

#345 User is offline mitaknight 

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

• Project:Mashup the Hedgehog
First off, I'd like to say that I'm jealous of those sweet posable Metal Sonic statues...

Anyway, I saw this cheap Knuckles plush last year so I decided to buy it.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's a bit astonishing how they were still selling it....

• 44 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users