Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Games Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Games Thread Schizoprenic Developers Represent

#1 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

http://dl.dropbox.co...5/lobster01.exe

Use the arrow keys to move, the Shift key to single/double jump and the A/S keys to use the left/right claws.

Hints and Tips:
  • The crab arms won't last forever (they generally berk out after the counter at the bottom hits 450) and you can't move while using them.
  • You can either walk into keys to pick them up or grab them with your claws. The same applies for opening doors - either walk into them or unlock them from a distance.
  • You can also use the crab arms or claws to protect yourself from enemies. Wrap the arms around yourself like a shield.
  • Try bashing either crab key and yelling 'ORA ORA ORA' while you do it.

DONE
Guide Claw demo

TO DO
Quick Claw demo
Throwing
Swinging/climbing/possibly wallbouncing
Hostage situations
A fully working level for SAGE

Test graphics aside this isn't really a fangame, much less Sonic-related, so I'm making the thread here. Feel free to prove me wrong though.
This post has been edited by Steven M: 26 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

#2 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
I only have half an understanding as to what I'm doing. Can you explain it better?

#3 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Lobotomy @ Jun 27 2011, 02:02 AM)
I only have half an understanding as to what I'm doing. Can you explain it better?

1) Take key you find on the ground
2) Put key in giant question block that substitutes as a door, or alternatively an actual door
3) Repeat

Really you're just meant to dick around and see if everything works properly (and let me know if stupid shit pops up like you getting stuck in the walls for some glitchy reason)
This post has been edited by Steven M: 26 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

#4 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
Oh, that's what I've been doing. I thought there was a goal.

#5 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Lobotomy @ Jun 28 2011, 05:17 AM)
Oh, that's what I've been doing. I thought there was a goal.

Other than the final door blocked by the two bullet cannons, not really.

#6 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27392295/quickclawbetav027.exe

Not pictured: player swinging around at a rate of approximately eight full-circles per second.

Use the arrow keys to move, the Shift key to single/double jump and the Q/W keys to use the left/right claws. You can connect to platforms and walls, zip up the line and through the platforms, or even swing around a bit. While you're connected to a platform you can swing around through backdrops but you can't jump-disconnect through them. Yet. If that could be implemented without breaking the game, I'd like to try it.

I am by no means an expert when it comes to physics or game design/programming, so I'm working in Multimedia Fusion 2 as usual. So if there's something technical about the demo that gets your goat (or you end up glitching out) then do let me know! And if you're interested in helping me fix the problems let me know also.

DONE
Guide Claw demo
Quick Claw demo

TO DO
  • Quick Claw movement - allow player to use the Claws while moving horizontally/vertically (bug seems to send the chain link objects completely out of whack when trying this); allow player to use moving platforms again (see chain links, out of, whack, etc)
  • Quick Claw camera - adjust the camera somehow so it doesn't 'snap' when the player enters the swinging phase
  • Throw Claw demo - collecting, dropping and throwing Objects
  • Hostage situations and at least one boss fight
  • A fully working level for SAGE
  • Nightmare Redcoat mode

#7 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Bump. Still working on the Lobster engine - ironing out the bugs due to new graphics is a bit more of a bitch than I'd anticipated and I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done in time for SAGE. That said, in the meantime I need to ask you guys a favour.

Posted Image

If you guys remember the bonus stage from Be The Bullet (or more specifically the old Sonic Puzzle Attack demo because lolcopypaste) then you should understand the idea behind this mockup - it's basically a jazzed-up version of that gameplay but with different modes. I'd like a decent name for this game if you guys can come up with one.

Edit: before I forget, credit goes to Damizean, ParadoxX and Clwe for the basic 360 engine.

#8 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

• Cat-herder
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Moved on request.

#9 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

#10 User is offline Azukara 

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

• Don't let's start!
  • Project:Sonic World Runner
  • Wiki edits:27
Yes, this game seriously looks like something that'd kill hours off my day. Probably because you had me at Pac-man graphics. Can't wait to try this out!

#11 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

Pac-Man Demo v0.25

#12 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

So I've got some portrait sprites for the playable characters in this game, and I'd like for you guys to critique and fix them - where have I gone wrong in terms of colour combination, hues, values, etc? Colours per sprite are limited to 16, but most of the sprites don't have nearly that many.

Posted Image

#13 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Music for Ghost Police, mimicking the Game Boy's audiovisual palette.

I actually have three tunes to link and apparently the forums don't like you putting more than two links in one post. And you can't even make another post to remedy that because then the two posts get merged and the extra link is rejected anyway, apparently because fuck you that's why.

If you want you can also listen to the songs on SoundCloud.
This post has been edited by Steven M: 05 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

#14 User is offline Namo 

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

• take a screenshot of your heart
  • Project:dynamicite.org
My audio's down right now, but I have to say, the titles for Ghost Police and Bullet Carnival are wonderful. Simple but stylish.

#15 User is offline Steven M 

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users