Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#91 User is offline Tiberious 

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

• Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem?
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (GeneHF @ Jun 30 2011, 09:59 AM)
I can tell you right now, there's no such thing as a good rip out there at the moment. The cleanest version comes from that video. I amplified it for here because it's too damn quiet otherwise while not making it clip.

Take what you have now or sit quietly until the actual file gets leaked.

For what it is (a bootleg recording), it's not terrible. There's been much worse that people have even tried to make money off of. Just don't try to call it official.

But what you said has me curious. Why wouldn't a normalize work on it?

#92 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

• FINAL ATTACKRIDE: D-D-D-DECADE!
  • Project:Trying to figure out Sonic Heroes lighting data, anyone willing to help? D:
  • Wiki edits:5
QUOTE (Andrew75 @ Jun 30 2011, 04:11 PM)
Edit:
Anyone know what the .csb files are used for?

Sound effect storage, at least in past Sonic games. The UTF Tab Suite by HCS64 has tools for extracting their contents.

EDIT: In the case of Generations, the particular CSB archives seem to be empty except some empty .aax-containers, though. Look like they used to contain what is now in the CPK's, which appears to be music.
This post has been edited by Herm the Germ: 30 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

#93 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Jun 30 2011, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (Andrew75 @ Jun 30 2011, 04:11 PM)
Edit:
Anyone know what the .csb files are used for?

Sound effect storage, at least in past Sonic games. The UTF Tab Suite by HCS64 has tools for extracting their contents.

EDIT: In the case of Generations, the particular CSB archives seem to be empty except some empty .aax-containers, though. Look like they used to contain what is now in the CPK's, which appears to be music.

Hey man, thanks for the info.
I've already added HCS64 tools to the front page yesterday, will have to add the credit to who made the HCS64 tools, thanks.
Also you know of any good converters for the music files themselves?

#94 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

• FINAL ATTACKRIDE: D-D-D-DECADE!
  • Project:Trying to figure out Sonic Heroes lighting data, anyone willing to help? D:
  • Wiki edits:5
Well, my usual modus operandi with these files is:

1. Extract AAX files from CPKs/CSBs
b) convert AAX files to ADX using AAX2ADX
III. convert ADX files to wav
Vier. Convert wav files to MP3/OGG/FLAC/Whathaveyou.
This post has been edited by Herm the Germ: 01 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

#95 User is online Josh 

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

• YRG Warrior
I've been messing around with this for hours, now. I'm working with the PS3 .pkg file. And I'm running into a few problems.

1) No matter what method I use, I'm still unable to totally extract the bb.cpk file. I don't know if this is because of the tool I used to open the .pkg ('twas PSP PS3 PKG Decrypter Extractor v.1.0.0.0) or what. I can unpack SOME of the files, but not all of 'em. Every program gives me an error message eventually. I can open the .ar and .lua files as described earlier, but that does me no good if I can't repack the full .cpk.

2) I still have no idea how to repack the .pkg file once I'm done with it.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first proper foray into hacking, and I'm enjoying it.

#96 User is offline Hitaxas 

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

• SEGA: Sorry Classic Sonic, we are sending you back to 1994
  • Project:Sonic: Super Deformed (head director) - Slowly working on it.
  • Wiki edits:196
Can anybody post up a link to a program that can pack cpk files? It's all I need now, I think got everything else figured out.

oh.. and how does one repack the PKG? That would help too.

Edit: I seem to be running into the same issue as Josh, I can unpack the cpk file, but not completely. The first bb.cpk is around 515MB for me, but when I extract, the folder amounts to around 61MB.
This post has been edited by Hitaxas: 05 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

#97 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
QUOTE (Hitaxas @ Jul 5 2011, 02:25 AM)
Can anybody post up a link to a program that can pack cpk files? It's all I need now, I think got everything else figured out.

oh.. and how does one repack the PKG? That would help too.

Edit: I seem to be running into the same issue as Josh, I can unpack the cpk file, but not completely. The first bb.cpk is around 515MB for me, but when I extract, the folder amounts to around 61MB.

Can anyone just inform how to do any of this stuff? And on a mac I might add?

#98 User is online Josh 

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

• YRG Warrior
As Jim suggested in the other topic, I set up an FTP server to my PS3. Found bb.cpk and snagged it off of there, and it seems much more willing to be tinkered with. I'm not repacking it and getting ready to send it back over.

#99 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
How do you set up an FTP server on your PS3 then?

#100 User is offline total 

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

So, that super-secret-maxscript will not be released any time soon? Well then, I am going to ruin all the fun, I guess.

Posted Image
(not much is done atm and no guarantee that I'll finish this soon. This is actually a dash panel lol. And yeah, I don't care about bones\skinning and such shit (like this game in general), so don't expect that.)

The only thing I do not understand is if no one is going to release it, what is the point of all those teasing screenshots\youtube videos? Why not keep everything private at all? I'd probably never tried to get models from this game, but this is somewhat special case after all.
And I like how those, who just got everything through good connections, tell others to calm down on this.

#101 User is offline ultima espio 

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

The one I found on another forum was a public one made by someone called Chrrox. It was actually made for Unleashed, but if you deleted the bone section it would work for Generations.

Few models actually worked mind you, a lot of them had uv errors.

If nobody has any objections, I guess I could post it.

#102 User is offline total 

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

You've said enough.
Here it is.

Although I almost finished my own (not counting bones), thanks for that.
This post has been edited by total: 22 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

#103 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

• Technical Artist

View Posttotal, on 21 July 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

So, that super-secret-maxscript will not be released any time soon? Well then, I am going to ruin all the fun, I guess.

Posted Image
(not much is done atm and no guarantee that I'll finish this soon. This is actually a dash panel lol. And yeah, I don't care about bones\skinning and such shit (like this game in general), so don't expect that.)

The only thing I do not understand is if no one is going to release it, what is the point of all those teasing screenshots\youtube videos? Why not keep everything private at all? I'd probably never tried to get models from this game, but this is somewhat special case after all.
And I like how those, who just got everything through good connections, tell others to calm down on this.

You wrote that one yourself? pretty cool!

The guys working on the other script haven't finished it yet, thats why it isn't being released. they've also started a level importer as well.
Also I've added a few things of my own to there script like a Bulk format converter,, as well as fixes for Max 2011 and 2012.
Its not like the script is being horded, the guys working on it just want to finish it before a release is made.
If you have the skills to make a script yourself, why not team up with the other guys? you can PM me for the contact info if you like.
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 22 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

#104 User is offline total 

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostAndrew75, on 22 July 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

The guys working on the other script haven't finished it yet, thats why it isn't being released. they've also started a level importer as well.
Also I've added a few things of my own to there script like a Bulk format converter,, as well as fixes for Max 2011 and 2012.
Its not like the script is being horded, the guys working on it just want to finish it before a release is made.
If you have the skills to make a script yourself, why not team up with the other guys? you can PM me for the contact info if you like.

Damn, I thought my previous works are well-known already (although many of them were private)
No thanks. The only reason I ever tried that is because _someone_ asked me to do so.
And no, I have not used maxscript this time. I was going to make model2smd tool. But I got what I wanted, so I'm leaving.

#105 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

• Technical Artist

View Posttotal, on 22 July 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostAndrew75, on 22 July 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

Damn, I thought my previous works are well-known already (although many of them were private)
No thanks. The only reason I ever tried that is because _someone_ asked me to do so.
And no, I have not used maxscript this time. I was going to make model2smd tool. But I got what I wanted, so I'm leaving.

personally I'd love to see any kind of converter released, including the max scripts,
I believe that releasing them would allow people with the skills to tweak and fine tune certain aspects of the scrips. and speed up there development.

• 278 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users