Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#1291 User is offline Solid SOAP 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

• has covered wars
I can see a 2D section working for that tightrope section near the end of Windmill Isle.

#1292 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

• Project:Mecha Madness
Step 1, open texture in Photoshop.
Step 2, enlarge it. probably to 2048x2048 or 4096x4096. Make sure it resamples as you enlarge it.
Step 3, Sharpen it or blur it to your liking.
Step 4, Put it back in the game
Step 5, ????
... Profit.

Thats EZ mode.

Hard mode is redrawing all of it. Thats not too hard at all though.
This post has been edited by StreakThunderstorm: 13 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

#1293 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
Yeah, that's only the shittiest sounding retexturing method I've ever heard of.

#1294 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

You're right, because you just retextured a license plate in a game full of everything else.

#1295 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
It's not that useful anyway since the game assigns a memory limit to each type of resources. It can probably be tweaked in the XML, but I never had much stability with playing around with those values. :v:

You would probably get the good quality lighting or who knows what to stop working if you increased all the textures a lot like that.

#1296 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

• Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
I really just wanted to replace the shittier textures in the game, like the asphalt in Speed Highway and foliage, and what have you.

#1297 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

If you're not up for resizing them and fixing the quality by using unsharpen filters or smart blurs, I dunno what to tell you other than redrawing the texture yourself of replacing it with a tileable texture you can find somewhere online.

#1298 User is offline Yarharhar 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostStreakThunderstorm, on 13 March 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

If you're not up for resizing them and fixing the quality by using unsharpen filters or smart blurs, I dunno what to tell you other than redrawing the texture yourself of replacing it with a tileable texture you can find somewhere online.

Actually, yes, redrawing them is exactly what he is suggesting, and the only way someone should do HD textures. Shaders/GPUs can already upscale textures just fine, you don't need to waste memory/time by doing it in photoshop.

It is not trivial, but also not super hard to redraw HD versions of a texture, given a lower res version to start with/base it off of.

#1299 User is offline Trunks 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

• AGAIN TRY
  • Project:Sure to be Ban'd, The Bancast, Trunks & Soto, iLove
  • Wiki edits:30
Why anybody would bother doing an HD retexturing of a game that just came out is beyond me. :|

#1300 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostTrunks, on 14 March 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Why anybody would bother doing an HD retexturing of a game that just came out is beyond me. :|

Because Sonic Team is lazy when it comes to textures? :v:

#1301 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
Apparently Adabat uses an object called WarpPoint, which when triggered by an Event, will teleport Sonic to the place.

The problem is that object isn't in Generations. Adabat needs this before the last part because it teleports sonic when going through the trees to another part of the map(really far away) for the last section. I could probably use the Sky Sanctuary Warp thingy, but that's not an "instant" teleporter without animations. Does anyone have any ideas of any object that could do it that is in the game?

#1302 User is offline Yarharhar 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Possibly modify the green-hill S-curve? Or really any object that moves sonic along a pre-animated path. If that path is something you can modify/parameterize, the different between teleporting and a path that transitions instantly is pretty small.

#1303 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostDario FF, on 15 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Apparently Adabat uses an object called WarpPoint, which when triggered by an Event, will teleport Sonic to the place.

The problem is that object isn't in Generations. Adabat needs this before the last part because it teleports sonic when going through the trees to another part of the map(really far away) for the last section. I could probably use the Sky Sanctuary Warp thingy, but that's not an "instant" teleporter without animations. Does anyone have any ideas of any object that could do it that is in the game?

Is that why I hear some kind of sword unsheathing noise during the very last part of Jungle Joyride?

4:33 in the video

This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 15 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

#1304 User is offline Chemical Heat 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

• Being the new guy is hard...
  • Project:None at the moment

View PostDario FF, on 15 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Well, I'm not an expert but couldn't you modify the Sky Sanctuary teleporters to work like an instant teleport? Maybe tweak the XML Files to a fitting time or something? Since some of the teleporters have a quicker charge than others (Like in the Classic Sky Sanctuary mission). But if the answer was really that obvious you would've done that by now, wouldn't you? XD
Anyway Enough of my pointless babbling and hope too see some progress on that issue soon :P

#1305 User is offline Yarharhar 

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Oh, the Egg Dragoon Fight has a teleport - it goes to the sky-diving section. So does Perfect Chaos.

• 287 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google