Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 288 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#1171 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
Oh now I see it. I thought you were reffering to the trash can on the left. That teapot is hard to see.

#1172 User is offline FlackoWeasel 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

• Wiki edits:2
Is anyone interested in the collectors room models? My mate ripped them and I thought to share it with Retro. I apologise if it's already done....

#1173 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

• FINAL ATTACKRIDE: D-D-D-DECADE!
  • Project:Trying to figure out Sonic Heroes lighting data, anyone willing to help? D:
  • Wiki edits:5
I personally wouldn't mind those models whatsoever and would quite appreciate them, even with their static-ness. :0

#1174 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostDark Sonic, on 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Oh now I see it. I thought you were reffering to the trash can on the left. That teapot is hard to see.

Because there's no uv mapping coords nor GIA applied to it... yet....

Here's a better import of that. I added my name to the model but I rotated it wrong. :v: You can see the D in the 2nd screenshot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1175 User is offline FlackoWeasel 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

• Wiki edits:2

View PostHerm the Germ, on 23 February 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

I personally wouldn't mind those models whatsoever and would quite appreciate them, even with their static-ness. :0

http://www.4shared.c...llection_R.html

Here are the rips. Credit goes to Rosanna Weyland for ripping these :)

#1176 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94

View PostDario FF, on 23 February 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

EDIT: In other words, yes, you're getting your custom geometry ports... eventually... :v:

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. What model format do you recommend? I start modeling today. I don't even give a fuck how limited it is right now.
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 23 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

#1177 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostLobotomy, on 23 February 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

View PostDario FF, on 23 February 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

EDIT: In other words, yes, you're getting your custom geometry ports... eventually... :v:

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. What model format do you recommend? I start modeling today.

Well my plan was to use Ogre meshes and materials(since they can be editted manually in a notepad). I would do 3ds BUT it has name limitations so nope. Besides, I can just load up an scene from Ogre in a pretty similar way to convert it to terrain.

There's OGRE exporters for all this software. Have fun picking one! (In case of Max I recommend using OgreMax, although the free version has some limitations). Just do your scene in your favourite 3D software and all you'll have to do is export it later.

It will be quite a while before you can import a full scene though. Gotta figure out grouping files(already got the spec), and most importantly I don't know about the terrain.terrain files. Also need a .material writer.... oh well, fun times ahead. :eng101: At least I kind of know now the basic framework of most of their files.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 23 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

#1178 User is offline Pexs 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostLobotomy, on 23 February 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. What model format do you recommend? I start modeling today. I don't even give a fuck how limited it is right now.

Yeah, I might as well start today too! Having the ability to edit something like this will be amazing!

View PostDario FF, on 23 February 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

It will be quite a while before you can import a full scene though. Gotta figure out grouping files(already got the spec), and most importantly I don't know about the terrain.terrain files. Also need a .material writer.... oh well, fun times ahead. :eng101: At least I kind of know now the basic framework of most of their files.

I know we're sitting here shamelessly befitting off your hard work (and I'd help if could, honest), but good luck with that, yeah? All of us look forward to your work!

#1179 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostPexs, on 23 February 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I know we're sitting here shamelessly befitting off your hard work (and I'd help if could, honest), but good luck with that, yeah? All of us look forward to your work!

Ha, thanks to Darkspines for doing some awesome research into all this, and here's hoping to a bit more.

Besides, the point of me making an editor is so you(in general) don't need to deal with any of this binary crap and can get right to modelling. I'm not that interested in creating a level on my own, I'm interested in creating the tools so it's possible for the rest.

#1180 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

• Project:Trying to figure out Sonic Heroes lighting data, anyone willing to help? D:

View PostFlackoWeasel, on 23 February 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostHerm the Germ, on 23 February 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

http://www.4shared.c...llection_R.html

Here are the rips. Credit goes to Rosanna Weyland for ripping these :)

Awesome, many thanks right back, then. : D

#1181 User is offline Elratauru 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

• Oooh Shiny stuff! don't touch it >:(
  • Project:Web Developing Stuff! :P
  • Wiki edits:132
Someone needs to model a Sonic 3's Carnival Night Barrel and use it as a placeholder for EVERYTHING :v:

Also, epic job on the importing!

#1182 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostElratauru, on 23 February 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Someone needs to model a Sonic 3's Carnival Night Barrel and use it as a placeholder for EVERYTHING :v:

Can't we just try ripping and converting the one used in Shadow the Hedgehog? It looks pretty much the same, dunnit? :B

#1183 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
If anyone wants to help there's a bunch of file formats added to the wiki page. They're not complete specs but it gives some layout at least to try to figure out what some of these values actually are. They use a sort of general file format with a common header and a final offset table which points to all offsets written in the file by order of appearance, so that makes stuff quite easier to figure out the structures.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 24 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

#1184 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
I can't make heads or tails of that. Too bad, though, cause I would really love to be of some kind of assistance.

#1185 User is offline Morph 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA2 netplay & hax, SADX:FE
  • Wiki edits:11
Speaking of which, what's the deal with these 3ds max scripts referenced everywhere throughout the thread? Particularly the one for animations. Has anything been released yet?

• 288 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users