Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#1156 User is offline Vangar 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

• Winrar?
  • Project:Heroic Multimedia
  • Wiki edits:2
I think I need to see a video of faceplant drift.

#1157 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
Would it be feasible to rip the animation from Sonic Unleashed?

#1158 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
That has a different compression from the pc version I believe? I would love to do that though, would make it much easier than making an animation like this. But its fine though.

#1159 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94

View PostTwilightzoney, on 22 February 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

That has a different compression from the pc version I believe? I would love to do that though, would make it much easier than making an animation like this. But its fine though.

Is there a way to cheat the system on this one by maybe importing it and exporting it through some animation software, or at least have a way of using the original animation as a guide?

#1160 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostLobotomy, on 22 February 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Is there a way to cheat the system on this one by maybe importing it and exporting it through some animation software, or at least have a way of using the original animation as a guide?

It's the same reason we can't import collision files. They're havok specific files for the xbox 360 only, not readable by the PC sdk. Unless you got 50k dollars to spare for a full license, you're gonna have to use your imagination. :v:

#1161 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Posted Image Love me or hate me, I'm doing this thing. Its coming along well actually for animating it, just it plays the animation too slow. Either I cut down the frames or find a way to speed it up.

#1162 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
I didn't hate the the way he drifted in Unleashed. It's just that Unleashed had a shitty drift that Generations fixed. So since this is just Generations drifting with Unleashed animation I approve.

EDIT: What is the problem with the Mazuri ground again?
This post has been edited by JaxTH: 23 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

#1163 User is online Irixion 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

• Project:Life
  • Wiki edits:152

View PostDario FF, on 22 February 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostLobotomy, on 22 February 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

It's the same reason we can't import collision files. They're havok specific files for the xbox 360 only, not readable by the PC sdk. Unless you got 50k dollars to spare for a full license, you're gonna have to use your imagination. :v:

There's Xbox SDK lying around the internet from what I've seen :V Don't know how much use it would be though.

#1164 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:TOO MANY. BUT ONE LESS.
  • Wiki edits:5

View PostIrixion, on 23 February 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

There's Xbox SDK lying around the internet from what I've seen :V Don't know how much use it would be though.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 SDK != Havok SDK. The Havok SDK (EDIT: The commercial one, which has access to read havok file platforms outside the PC, including the 360 files which is what BOTH versions of Unleashed "HD" use, curiously) would be able to dismantle/convert/do anything to Xbox 360 platform .HKX files. Currently there's no way to convert .hkx files to PC platform HKX files (or even .XML which could be converted to PC platform .hkx), so this brings up an issue. It's the main reason we (k fine Dario and Damizean) put so much research into HKX files (generating them and making them work with Generations gameplay); we simply have no other options other than making our own collision and animations! :v

On the bright side, we ended up learning more about how to make custom collision, physics, and animations, which is a good thing if we want to ever see custom levels get pumped out. Which is ENTIRELY possible and is in the process of being worked on, for all you "oh Generations is too complex to be properly modded" pessimists ;P Had we not come to this issue with HKX files and had to actually learn stuff, that might actually be true.

Also model files are being worked on being cracked; at the time of writing around 90-98% of the terrain-model and terrain-instanceinfo formats have been cracked.... We're very close, believe me.
This post has been edited by Chimera: 23 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

#1165 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

I have a nice animation I want to use for this, but using it makes it play super slow. I need to find a way to increase the animation playback for this. So I went and used a nerfed version of my animation which is 8 frames instead of 42. But at least it shows that this could be done, the reason its stiff is because I don't want Sonic derping up with jaggedness moving his quills and arms so fast with a few frames. I'll hopefully find it in Sonic.xml, relating to the frame playback speed, unless its dependent on the animation export itself?

#1166 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostJaxTH, on 23 February 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

I didn't hate the the way he drifted in Unleashed. It's just that Unleashed had a shitty drift that Generations fixed. So since this is just Generations drifting with Unleashed animation I approve.

EDIT: What is the problem with the Mazuri ground again?

I'm not sure if it's a problem with uv mapping or those textures are supposed to fade in the borders. Also there's no instancing done yet for the grass, so those dark patches at the side there should be animated grass. All we have to do in theory is recreate the animation hkx for the instancing to work properly.

#1167 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
I have the hardest reverse engineering boner right now.
Posted Image

Sonic likes his new max teapot.

EDIT: To be a little more specific, that's the streetlamp terrain mesh replaced by my own export. It's still a bit limitted, but hooot daaaamn....
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 23 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

#1168 User is online Aerosol 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
I will gladly allow you to slap me in the face with your reverse engineering boner.

#1169 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
Wait... Is that a street light or a trash can. Looks like a trash can to me

#1170 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostDark Sonic, on 23 February 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Wait... Is that a street light or a trash can. Looks like a trash can to me

It's a static lamp post replaced by a teapot. :v: Thanks to a lot of help from Darkspines with the format I've been able to figure out most of the rest of it. Now I only have left to work on getting normals, uvs, grouping files... woot much work ahead. This is the first test I did that didn't crash at least! :)

EDIT: In other words, yes, you're getting your custom geometry ports... eventually... :v:
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 23 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

• 284 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users