Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#1111 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostPolygon Jim, on 13 February 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well you see, you can edit Generations physics in fucking notepad. Sonic 4 on the other hand you would need to disassemble it into either x86 or PPC assembly(depending the version you are editing) then do a few days of work to figure out where Sonic's physics values even are, and even then you have a very small chance of doing anything beyond changing his speed. Honestly I do quite believe you are suffering from a mental deficiency.

Good day sir.

I didn't know about the problems with Sonic 4 compared to Sonic Generations in terms of modding. Its not like it was greatly talked about in detail, it was never talked about at all! I never saw anything menctioned after Sonic 4's PC release that Sonic 4's PC version was a heavier strain of editing/modding compared to Generations.

I guess the "Show respect to fellow members. Don't be a dick." Rule gets to be absolved by you, Right? This is the second time you awnsered and been a dick to me over no reason. Don't like my posts? Ignore it and move on with the topic.

You have a good day too. :)
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 13 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

#1112 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
Don't mind him, he tends to always act this way towards other people.

Anyways, its looking good Dario, fixing up that collision and objects, I couldn't get passed that Corridor part where you wallrun. I'm guessing thats done by xml as well? Since I never touch the xml stuff and deal with the model junk. Since me and your program have a bit of distaste for one another. Still looks great just needs those Trick Pads implemented in someway.
This post has been edited by Twilightzoney: 13 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

#1113 User is online Dario FF 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
I would like some opinions on what to do in Empire city. (Ignore the obvious material glitches and cameras)

• What should I replace the thorn fans around the big beams with? I don't know of any object in generations with a similar behaviour.
  • Since there's no big chaser coded in the game, what could be used instead in the first section of the big bridge? (The GUN truck is an obvious suggestion :v: )
  • Since there's no QTE Jump pads(the one you just bump into and press the button to go to the next one), what could I do in that shortcut?

#1114 User is offline Felik 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostDario FF, on 16 February 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

I would like some opinions on what to do in Empire city. (Ignore the obvious material glitches and cameras)

• What should I replace the thorn fans around the big beams with? I don't know of any object in generations with a similar behaviour.
  • Since there's no big chaser coded in the game, what could be used instead in the first section of the big bridge? (The GUN truck is an obvious suggestion :v: )
  • Since there's no QTE Jump pads(the one you just bump into and press the button to go to the next one), what could I do in that shortcut?

1. Flamethrowers from crisis city maybe?
2. you said it :)
3. lightdashable rings?

Also I'd suggest to look into objects that are only used in missions and use them in unleashed's levels. For example those flying spring things from pumpkin hill could be put to a good use.

#1115 User is offline JcFerggy 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

• Yum
  • Project:GoldenEye: Source
  • Wiki edits:57
3. Or just springs? It would be an obvious solution, you don't have to come to a stop to lightdash at the right time, and it flows.

#1116 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
For #3, Springs sound good I'd go with that. everything else I'd go with Felik's suggestions.

So have you had any luck replacing mission stages with these unleashed stages or are they still going to be main stage replacements?

#1117 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

• Mesonoxian for no reason other than that it's easier to wake up whenever.
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94

• Eggman Springs. Hit one, and they launch you off the tube, likely to your death.
  • 2:10-End in the video below, but with Eggman Springs, spikes and obstacles.
  • Springs and Rainbow Rings, or if you wanted to get creative, platforming section.

This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 16 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

#1118 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

1: Is it possible to chain together a few spike balls and have those do the same thing instead? (I'm thinking kinda like the dive from Unleashed's Rooftop Run)
2: I'd say the GUN Truck is definitely the best option. Or have the Flying Battery and the small Chasers.
3: Normal ramp taking the normal route, and a Rainbow Ring before it and direclty above the main path. Maybe make it harder to get to by having a boost pad somewhere before it.

BTW, are those moving platforms original to the level, or are they reskinned from a Generations level?

#1119 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086

1) Could you use the half-buzzsaws from Planet Wisp?
2) YESYESYES. Also even better would be if you could make it look like it was just driving on that road and you just HAPPENED to land in front of it.
3) Springs are the best option in this case.

#1120 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostCommando Beta, on 16 February 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

BTW, are those moving platforms original to the level, or are they reskinned from a Generations level?

Re-skinned.

#1121 User is online Dario FF 

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostJaxTH, on 16 February 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostCommando Beta, on 16 February 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Re-skinned.

Wrong.

They're the crisis city platforms. :v:

I can replace the models with the Unleashed platforms though. It's just that they're a bit different in how it handled floors from one game to the other.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 16 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

#1122 User is offline Azu 

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

• I must be stupid.
I don't suppose anyone has 3D Ripper or 3DVia and a 32bit OS, do they? I would like for someone to rip SkySan' s level geometry if they can.

#1123 User is online Dario FF 

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostAzu, on 18 February 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I don't suppose anyone has 3D Ripper or 3DVia and a 32bit OS, do they? I would like for someone to rip SkySan' s level geometry if they can.

I probably can but with no textures and a bunch of missing geometry models at the moment. (Stuff like leaves or some other not that important stuff) Classic or Modern?
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 18 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

#1124 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

• :3
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog (the OVA Fan Game)

<coolvidbro>

1- Flamethrowers from crisis city maybe? [2]
2- Get that airship at the end of Modern's Rooftop Run and make it chase Sonic, just put some spikes in the way, I dunno.
3- Lightdashable rings or rainbow rings, doesn't really matter. I think I liked what Commando Beta suggested on this one.

#1125 User is offline Azu 

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

• I must be stupid.

View PostDario FF, on 18 February 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

View PostAzu, on 18 February 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I probably can but with no textures and a bunch of missing geometry models at the moment. (Stuff like leaves or some other not that important stuff) Classic or Modern?

I would like both, but if you can't do both, then Classic.

• 280 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users