Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic ERaZor - Fifth Public Release - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 10 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic ERaZor - Fifth Public Release Final Version — 01/11/2014

#31 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

• Tief.Tiefer
  • Project:Sonic ERaZor
  • Wiki edits:320

View PostHayate, on 30 August 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

View PostSelbi, on 26 August 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

I would have loved to see what you could do with Star Light Zone.

Start Light Zone was a big plan for this project, but I could never really think of anything good while keeping it entertaining and bug-free at the same time (not to say that Labyrinth Zone is bug-free, the camera system is a mess there, but I don't want to do unpolished things again).

Anyway, since removing some screen stuff isn't a lot to do, and I still need to find a reason why I won't have my homework tomorrow, I'm gonna work on a special version with all the stuff removed.

#32 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

• Tief.Tiefer
Double post, but here it is: Sonic ERaZor (Straight Version)

Anything but the main level structure and the options menu has been removed.

#33 User is offline Blackhearted Knight 

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:34 AM

• Blackheart
  • Project:Sonic 2 Layout modifications

View PostSelbi, on 30 August 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostHayate, on 30 August 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

View PostSelbi, on 26 August 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

I would have loved to see what you could do with Star Light Zone.

Start Light Zone was a big plan for this project, but I could never really think of anything good while keeping it entertaining and bug-free at the same time (not to say that Labyrinth Zone is bug-free, the camera system is a mess there, but I don't want to do unpolished things again).

Anyway, since removing some screen stuff isn't a lot to do, and I still need to find a reason why I won't have my homework tomorrow, I'm gonna work on a special version with all the stuff removed.

I actually liked the camera in Labyrinth. It was interesting, going after item boxes only to realize "Whoops, dead end, dude." As for the hard part skipper, the only place I really needed it was in Labyrinth. The other levels weren't quite as frustratingly difficult.

#34 User is offline Hayate 

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

• Wiki edits:70

View PostSelbi, on 30 August 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thank you, I'll check it out right away! :)

Also, my friend who goes by the nickname WitchChao apparently liked your hack so much he wrote a page about it over here: http://cw.nanako.cc/wiki/Sonic_ERaZor

Edit:

Sorry to be a nitpick, but I did want you to keep the intro cutscene (the one with Ken's Theme playing).
Also, I died in the bottomless pit at the end of GHP, and the game just froze on a black screen after fading out.
This post has been edited by Hayate: 31 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

#35 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

• Tief.Tiefer

View PostHayate, on 31 August 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

View PostSelbi, on 30 August 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thank you, I'll check it out right away! :)

Also, my friend who goes by the nickname WitchChao apparently liked your hack so much he wrote a page about it over here: http://cw.nanako.cc/wiki/Sonic_ERaZor

Edit:

Sorry to be a nitpick, but I did want you to keep the intro cutscene (the one with Ken's Theme playing).
Also, I died in the bottomless pit at the end of GHP, and the game just froze on a black screen after fading out.

This is what I love to see. When people actually take their time to do stuff for my work, it makes me feel like I actually accomplished something. A personal thank you to your friend. :)

As for the straight version, yep, forgot to include the intro sequence, and also forgot to fix this old bug, which messed up the entire death system. Re-download from the same link, it should be fixed now.

#36 User is offline Hayate 

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

• Wiki edits:70
Excellent, now I can have my epic adventures again :D

Also, a bug report... For whatever reason, it seems that spindashing into the crab boss arena makes two crabs spawn instead of one. Beating the second crab as well isn't necessary and doesn't do anything special other than the understandable glitched explosion graphics, but it did seem to get the palette stuck on white (even without beating the second crab), so I get things like this:

Posted Image

#37 User is offline TheBarAdmin 

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 CJM
  • Wiki edits:292
This is one crazy hack. The music is lovely, and the designs are... so weird, but so awesome as well!

The general challenge of this game gives a LITTLE too much emphasis on trial and error (Labyrinth Zone :argh: ), but it's mostly entertaining. The cutscene boxes could be a little faster, but I am ok with it.

It also feels like a *finished* hack. I mean, at least it felt that way to me, but either way, you have my support :) I think the effort that people put into things should be recognised.
This post has been edited by TheBarAdmin: 24 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

#38 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

• Tief.Tiefer
Sorry for the bump, but this is a rather important topic for me, so please read:

A couple of days ago I felt like doing some work on this project again, even though I said I would stop. The main idea was to include Star Light Zone which has never been included at all and I always felt like it was missing. In fact, I already got the basic system ready, but I still need a concept, which is where I currently have trouble with.

And this is also where I started questioning myself:
How many people would actually be interested in a continuation of this hack?

As some of you may know, I was rather unhappy with the amount of feedback I received for the last release, and before I do something that may be wasted time in the end (or at least time that could've been spent in a better way) I'd rather like to hear your opinion on this question: Should I continue this project or should I let it be for good?

#39 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

• FINAL ATTACKRIDE: D-D-D-DECADE!
  • Project:Trying to figure out Sonic Heroes lighting data, anyone willing to help? D:
  • Wiki edits:5
Oh Gott yes please I'd love that veeeeeeeery much : D

#40 User is offline Animemaster 

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

• Prison bitch!
  • Project:Sonic 1 Revelation
  • Wiki edits:35
I wouldn't mind you carrying on with the hack Selbi, but only do it if you really want to.

#41 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

• Wiki edits:196
Since you asked, I'm just about to check out the latest third and straight versions—but even though I sucked at whichever version I played previously, I appreciated the fact that it was different (and crazy!), and I'd be interested in you further levelling out the difficulty, adding new stuff, fleshing out the story, etc. You have some good ideas and skill, and maybe some people were just put off by the fact that they got hit with a lot of craziness at once? You're definitely one of the only people who seem to be experimenting with new gimmicks and stuff in ASM, so it's interesting for that reason alone. Keep at it, keep coming up with things, and maybe just spread the madness out so that it's more approachable.

(Before finishing this post, I watched a video of the latest release; I'll try to post back whenever I've played it properly.)

#42 User is offline FraGag 

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

• Project:an assembler
  • Wiki edits:6
I enjoyed the previous releases of ERaZor, and I'd like to see what you're going to come up with for Star Light. Maybe something focused on speed? Or play with gravity? :P

#43 User is offline Robochao 

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

• Mr. Trivial Knowledge
  • Project:Your Fantastic Butt
I'd enjoy it very much if you extended upon this hack! It was really fun and MEGA CREATIVE

#44 User is offline ValleyBell 

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

• Project:researching SMPS sound drivers
  • Wiki edits:10
I already enjoyed your previous releases very much, so count me in for "want more ERaZor". :thumbsup:

ERaZor is so crazy that I find it very fun to play. It has rocking music and there's a surprise in every level.

#45 User is offline H Hog 

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

• The Ultimate Oswald!
  • Project:Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
  • Wiki edits:32
Man, this hack is like what would happen if Michael Bay directed a Sonic game. Awesome. XD
Hard as nails, but I wouldn't mind seeing another part to it!

• 10 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users