don't click here

Update on Sonic CD 510 Disassembly

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SegaLoco, Jun 2, 2011.

1. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Well, it's not necessarily started up again, but I have decided to slowly get back into working on it now that school is out for the summer and I don't have anything major to worry about. It'll take me a while to get back to disassembling as efficiently as I have in the past as I need to review a few things, but believe you me when I say that it's definitely going to be worked on. Also, to wet your appetites a little, here is a bit of unfinished work http://www.segaloco.com/SPSS__.asm (It's not fully documented or commented yet, but as far as I know the code is completely disassembled.)

Edit: And really, if anybody wants to help me out this time, it's definitely welcome (just be sure to get this here: http://www.segaloco.com/SCDDis.7z so you'll have the disassembled code so far and know the way it'll be integrated into the disassembly as well as the bits of common code you can take out of files :P)

2. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Dunno about everyone else, but I'm looking forward to this hoping that you'll come across some hidden things no one noticed before. Keep it up :D

3. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Hey welcome back man !

4. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Good to be back on this. Don't expect anything in a week or anything major until July after I ease into summer, get stuff out of the way, etc.. but I will be working on it from time to time, I have no timeframe, but I'll drop an update here and there :p

5. I might be able to help with the 510 Disassembly, but I'd rather crack the final release, because that's what my Hack Project is going to be based upon. Besides, I'm not the one you want for hard coding and translating the .asm.

I don't get it, Sonic CD uses the same processor that the first two games used, but you can't use what you've learned in the Beta to make a bleeding-edge disassembly of the final version? Seriously, can't you take a chance? The opening song lyrics of both versions couldn't have said it better themselves. There's a better chance that Robotnik will win, if you think this will break your computers. My point is, unless you can't risk it, get crackin'!

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Don't take all your medication at once, thank you.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Though I'm not agreeing with the idiot who bumped this topic for no reason, I'm kind of curious as to why betas are always used in disassemblys instead of finals. Is it because betas are easier to crack and disassemble due to being incomplete builds or is it something else?

Good luck to you SegaLoco I look forward to seeing what results get produced.