Here's a changelog of this version:
(not really a spoiler spoiler)
And here's a screenshot:
See a problem there? No? Good! You're not supposed to. This is the random ring capsule (and the speed shoes, but that's not as important). Normally when you get one of these, the numbers are all offset and screwed up, taking a chunk of the ring in the image with it. I fixed it.
Better shot of the water, the texture of which is from the GameCube version of Sonic Adventure DX. (As opposed to the neon blue water as seen in the SADX Preview proto, SADX PC normally, SADX XBLA, and SADX PC 2010)
And last but not least:
IT'S THAT RHINO TANK... that I believe they may have fixed ONCE in some version of SA1 for the Dreamcast. This Rhino Tank usually spawns in the ground, falls into the pit, dies, respawns, repeat; so I just moved it up a bit, and that was that.
You can download what I've got so far here: (10/15/2012)
Download for SADX PC 2004 (Retail)
Download for SADX PC 2010 (Steam/Dreamcast Collection edition) - Mirror (requires patch below): (Dropbox - zip) by Stevoisiak
(No patch available this time; full package only)
Patch to upgrade 10/15/2012 version to 7/18/2014:
Download for SADX PC (Universal)
Details on applying the patch are here.
To use this, you need to do the following:
(Note: If you plan on modifying this for whatever reason, this is built off of the 2004 US Sonic Adventure DX PC executable)
- Go to where you installed Sonic Adventure DX, find the "System" folder, and make a duplicate of it (yes, and everything in it).
- Rename the duplicate to "SADXFE"
- Extract the content of the 7z to the same place that the SADXFE and System folders are, and replace anything that it asks.
- Run SADXFE.exe to play, and have fun.
SADXPC 2010 (Steam/Dreamcast Collection edition):
Note that the SADXFE EXE is not compatible with this version of SADX, but all of the resources are.
- This is optional, but I recommend backing up the "SoundData" and "system" folders.
- Extract the content of the 7z for this version into the folder containing the SoundData and system folders, and replace whatever it asks.
- Start the game up as usual and have fun.
Please tell me what you think, if there's anything you'd like to see fixed, etc.
If you're not using SADX 2010 and want to use your 360 controller, you can use the 360 controller patch, which you can get here: http://x-hax.cultnet...SADX360Patch.7z