Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SA2:B Texturing Using VMT - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

SA2:B Texturing Using VMT

#1 User is offline qwertysonic 

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

• Project:creating the biggest sonic collection
Has anyone ever come across this hack by DarkyBenji?
http://chao.hippotank.com/forum/viewtopic....f=7&t=26157
Also a video by the same guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLgDH_fQhww

He says he uses a tool called VMT made by Schthack for PSO. VMT can open PVR files within a prs without having to decompress it. I found the tool but when ever I try to replace a texture, the prs file becomes a lot larger than the original file, so it cannot be put back into the GC iso. I was wondering if anyone else has ever used this tool, and if so if they could give me a few pointers. You can download VMT here.

#2 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

• Subhedgehog
  • Wiki edits:2
Those are some pretty whacked out chao he's got. He didn't hack any of them, did he? Tell me the watermelon one is legit.

#3 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

• Fresh coat of paint
  • Wiki edits:10
QUOTE (Ritz @ May 3 2011, 06:22 PM)
Those are some pretty whacked out chao he's got. He didn't hack any of them, did he? Tell me the watermelon one is legit.

Ya you can give Chao a watermelon to wear. It's just a helmet, there are no watermelon chao (Although that'd be quite awesome)

#4 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (Dark Sonic @ May 3 2011, 07:27 PM)

Ya you can give Chao a watermelon to wear. It's just a helmet, there are no watermelon chao (Although that'd be quite awesome)

It's entire body is watermelon colored.

EDIT: Anyway, he has some hacked chao in there. Like the shiny clear Knuckles chao or that Purplish Amy chao.
This post has been edited by JaxTH: 03 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

#5 User is online NomadTW 

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

• I ain't gotta impress you fucks.
QUOTE (JaxTH @ May 3 2011, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (Dark Sonic @ May 3 2011, 07:27 PM)

It's entire body is watermelon colored.

EDIT: Anyway, he has some hacked chao in there. Like the shiny clear Knuckles chao or that Purplish Amy chao.

>watermelon Chao
>Chao are essentially made of water

I see what he did thar. v.png

#6 User is offline qwertysonic 

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

• Project:creating the biggest sonic collection
So could I ask some of you to try this tool to see if you get any better results? I think VMT outputs it as a pvm so you could use stealth's prs compressor or puyo tools. I don't know which compression format on puyo tools .prs uses can anyone answer me that?

#7 User is online MarkeyJester 

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

• Driving The Last Spike
  • Wiki edits:16
I have by no means the understanding of the format and I won't pretend to either, however, nearly all compression formats I've known, compress much more easily when the data is less complexe, have you tried replacing the texture with something a lot more simpler? Surely upon compressing it again, the data would result a lot more smaller in size.

Again, pardon my ignorance, like I said, I have no understanding of the format, just thought I'd give a suggestion.

#8 User is offline Trunks 

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

• AGAIN TRY
  • Project:Sure to be Ban'd, The Bancast, Trunks & Soto, iLove
  • Wiki edits:30
I was super impressed that he had a Gamecube ISO running off an external drive, until I found out he was doing it through a hardware mod. Man, I wish we had a way to play gc ISOs off an hdd via softmod. sad.png

#9 User is offline Hitaxas 

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

• SEGA: Sorry Classic Sonic, we are sending you back to 1994
  • Project:Sonic: Super Deformed (head director) - Slowly working on it.
  • Wiki edits:196
QUOTE (Trunks @ May 7 2011, 01:12 PM)
until I found out he was doing it through a hardware mod. Man, I wish we had a way to play gc ISOs off an hdd via softmod. sad.png

Yeah, me too. I have pretty much all of my Wii games backed up onto a harddrive and would have loved to know there was a way to play GC games through a softmod. =/

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users