Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics It's real. And everyone sat in anticipation.

#1 User is offline Dusk Golem 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

• Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie...
  • Wiki edits:1
So it's been officially confirmed now.

Sega announces the continuation of the popular series, Mario & Sonic, this time at the summer Olympic Games in London 2012

SEGA and Nintendo have announced that after many years of partnership Mario and Sonic, once again join forces. The legendary series that have sold over 19 million, now will head to London for the Olympic Games 2012, the official name of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games on the Wii and also the very first time on a revolutionary portable Nintendo 3DS.

Many new and exciting sports like soccer and riding, which will debut on the Wii version, will appear alongside the traditional Olympic disciplines such as athletics, water sports, or table tennis. The new sports will certainly further encourage sports enthusiasm among the players in both single and multiplayer modes!

For the first time Mario & Sonic introduces the portable Nintendo 3DS. Version will contain more than 50 original Olympic sports, playable in both single player and the multiplayer modes. Moreover, revolutionary watch 3D images without glasses bring the world of Mario and Sonic entirely new and unique control system, ensuring plenty of new and interesting ways to compete for the coveted gold medal!

Like its predecessor, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii and Nintendo 3DS developed by Sega Japan. “Mario & Sonic series has always been extremely popular and we are very proud of this partnership that we can resume with Nintendo for the Olympics in London in 2012.” Commented Naoya Tsurumi, President of SEGA of America and Sega Europe. “It's really exciting to be able to create interactive entertainment titles based on the Olympics and also with figures of Mario and Sonic”

“The Olympic Games in London 2012 will showcase sports and we are delighted that Mario and Sonic may be yet again, this time with the largest number of Olympic sports ever” said Raymond Goldsmith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ISM (International Sports Multimedia).

“These games join two most popular figures in the history of the videogame industry,” said the president of Nintendo America, Reggie Fils-Aime. “As a veteran of video games and the Olympic Games Mario & Sonic arrives in London as an unparalleled team of impressive, offering plenty of entertainment and sports activities for all who want to have fun.”

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games will be available on the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo 3DS. Release date and other information, we will learn later this year.

Source translating a source

I can hardly contain my excitement. v.png
This post has been edited by Dusk Golem: 20 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

#2 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community
Still waiting for that Nintendo EAD developed cross over platformer with Mario and Sonic. Ah well, maybe one day.

#3 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

• DUNKING MY WAY TO VICTORY
  • Project:a hack lol
  • Wiki edits:30
At least the Nintendo fans can't complain about the lack of Generations now! rolleyes.png

I'm joking, who really cares about another Olympic themed mini game compilation? Except this time it's in 3D, holy shit. Please take my $40 SEGA.

Don't get me wrong, the first game wasn't that bad. Other than the terrible fencing.

This post has been edited by Krigo: 20 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

#4 User is offline Azukara 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

• Don't let's start!
  • Project:Sonic World Runner
  • Wiki edits:27
Ugh.

They already pulled the impossible once this year. Why couldn't they just do it twice and make a Sonic & Mario platformer instead?

#5 User is offline Brad 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

• yo

I don't really see the point of another Olympics. What's left to explore, really?

Still waiting for Mario and Sonic to have a real collaboration.

#6 User is offline Dusk Golem 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

• Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie...
  • Wiki edits:1
lololololol 3DS Sonic game confirmed guys. psyduck.png

I know the Wii got Sonic Colors before this, but this is a rather poor way to celebrate his 20th anniversary on Nintendo platforms as they look like they won't be getting Generations.

EDIT: 20th not 30th, I be silly~
This post has been edited by Dusk Golem: 20 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

#7 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

• DUNKING MY WAY TO VICTORY
  • Project:a hack lol
  • Wiki edits:30
QUOTE (Dusk Golem @ Apr 21 2011, 02:06 AM)
his 30th anniversary on Nintendo platforms as they look like they won't be getting Generations.

Sonic's 30 years old? Somebody tell SEGA! specialed.png

Seriously though, I don't really think that "new and exciting sports" like Soccer and riding really justify another collection. Winter Olympics made sense, as it was different to an extent that it wasn't another rehash.

Sonic 3DS disappoints me, but at the same time I wasn't expecting too much considering the lack of details we had. But imagine if Generations was on the 3DS? That shit would be amazing.
This post has been edited by Krigo: 20 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

#8 User is offline Jack Wallace 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

• You're Under Arrest, okay?
  • Project:Sonic Paradise.net - Noticias de Sonic en Español (Yes, the "Ñ" will rule the world).
  • Wiki edits:8
I love when you say "We don't need another M&S game". It's true, we don't need it, but SEGA does. The thing is a creepy money-generator monster emot-ssh.gif
This post has been edited by Jack Wallace: 20 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

#9 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

• Wiki edits:13
It's Sega's version of Wii Sports. Don't be hatin'.

#10 User is online Skyler 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

• Wiki edits:136
And I thought the last 2 had ridiculously long titles...

#11 User is offline FlashTHD 

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

• Wiki edits:9
QUOTE (Steven M @ Apr 20 2011, 09:15 PM)
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A FUCKING MARIO/SONIC PLATFORMER

If you don't think the conduct on this forum is bad enough as it is, you go on begging for that game.

#12 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
QUOTE (FlashTHD @ Apr 20 2011, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (Steven M @ Apr 20 2011, 09:15 PM)
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A FUCKING MARIO/SONIC PLATFORMER

If you don't think the conduct on this forum is bad enough as it is, you go on begging for that game.

At this point, who can honestly say they don't want to see this happen?

#13 User is offline Dan Genesis 

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

• As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute sonic-penquin thing
  • Project:KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
  • Wiki edits:321
I have to agree with ZB's sentiement. We did summer Olympics 4 years ago when they were in Beijing, then winte olympics when they were in Vancover.... I really don't think the summer olympics will be too terribly different in London from when they were in Beijing....

I'm calling it now: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games in 2 years, and in 4 Mario & Sonic at the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games.

#14 User is offline Runner 

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

• Long time no see, old friend.
  • Wiki edits:15
Hey, let's look to the bright side. Now with Sonic being stabilized (finally) as a decent game in Generations, now Sonic and Mario can get a good cross over adventure. Just wait more 1 or 2 years to it. The same I think to Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter (as now Mortal Kombat turned on a decent 3D fighting game)

#15 User is offline 0r4ng3 

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

• Wiki edits:708
Got to have the mine in 3DS too. If the new Wii is really coming in 2012, then why this exists becomes even more trivial.

• 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users