Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Shadow the Hedgehog general hacking discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Shadow the Hedgehog general hacking discussion Formely Shadow the Hedgehog test level found

#61 User is offline total 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

• Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Mar 18 2011, 12:32 PM)
Wasn't he in a flashback of some sort talking to black doom? can't remember exactly.

He was.

#62 User is offline Ch1pper 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

• Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less
  • Project:Life.
  • Wiki edits:40
That scene is probably what I was thinking of.

I was under the impression Shadow met Gerald at the start of/within a stage at one point (The ARK, Lost Impact, etc.), for which Gerald would give Shadow instructions for a mission. I might be misremembering from when I did a small bit of digging through the game's audio - although a good 80-95% of that was hints, I do recall coming across a clip or two of Gerald. I distinctly remember the labels MR and GR for lines spoken by MaRia and GeRald.

I'm tired at the moment, so I could easily be getting my wires crossed here. I'll pop it in and check up on it tomorrow.
This post has been edited by Ch1pper: 18 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

#63 User is offline DinnerSonic 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

• Never Posting Since 2004!
The only voice clips I found for Gerald myself like that were a hint bubble clip for Expert Mode and the related "Good luck!" if that's what you mean.

I tried the debug level file swap thing with the file that was linked earlier, but the game starts off right under the geometry... anyone happen to have a moonjump code? I can also try and get a decent recording of some silly mixed up cutscenes with the Sonic model if I had that or the tools used to extract/swap/etc the .one files. Not at full framerate currently, though...

#64 User is offline Ch1pper 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

• Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less
  • Project:Life.
  • Wiki edits:40
I don't remember what the line specifically was, but considering I never cared enough to play Expert Mode and thusly had no knowledge of said line before digging, that's probably the case. Thanks for the help there. smile.png

Edit: "Shadow, it is I. I hear that my research experiments have escaped and are running loose! The positive and negative electrode connectors must have been reversed. I guess I must be getting old... At any rate, would you drop by my room? I'll be waiting for you."

Good call. Thanks again.
This post has been edited by Ch1pper: 18 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

#65 User is offline total 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (DinnerSonic @ Mar 18 2011, 01:15 PM)
I tried the debug level file swap thing with the file that was linked earlier, but the game starts off right under the geometry... anyone happen to have a moonjump code? I can also try and get a decent recording of some silly mixed up cutscenes with the Sonic model if I had that or the tools used to extract/swap/etc the .one files. Not at full framerate currently, though...

Don't forget to modify nukkoro2.inf.

Just copypaste everything from "highway" section to "city1" if you are not sure about values (look into nukkoro.inf for that)

#66 User is offline DinnerSonic 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

• Never Posting Since 2004!
I feel dumb for missing that bit... anyway, here's what I could manage of the test level recording.

#67 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

• Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor!
  • Project:MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  • Wiki edits:5
I tried putting the test-level-BSP into Heroes, but I guess that'd be pretty pointless as the textures can't be put into the game to display the stuff properly and I can't seem to put the proper collisions in, anyhow. Surprisingly enough, though, the game doesn't crash when chunks are replaced with this test-level in such a manner -- it just leaves hollow, transparent parts were the replaced stuff should be. :v

At any rate, anyone else think the test-level looked kinda better as just a textureless 3DS-mash than it does in-game? :v
This post has been edited by Herm the Germ: 18 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

#68 User is offline total 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

The last thing before leaving this thread. I briefly checked *.bon and *.mtp formats and now I almost sure that animations swap is possible with minor edits. This should solve every problem with skinning\bones. Now someone should try this and see if it'll work.

#69 User is offline samourai23 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Lanzer @ Mar 18 2011, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (samourai23 @ Mar 17 2011, 10:31 AM)
2011 hack of the year ? If some more work is made like swapping levels and making a real structured hack like making another "Sonic the hedgehog" game, yeah, it'll be for sure ^^

But for now, I like to play as regular characters in route 101/280/Kart in SA2 better smile.png

Wow...umm do you get the concept of a "joke" new guy? because he was joking. you know haha. lawlz and what not.

Well, I guess the american sense of humor isn't the same that the french one because no, I didn't get it was a joke. For now, I can only assume that you are clever enough to understand that english isn't my main language (you know ? I'm french, I just said it, like a second ago wink.png ), and so I don't inevitably get every ironic things. But once again, I only assume you can understand that.

#70 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
QUOTE (DinnerSonic @ Mar 18 2011, 01:35 AM)
I feel dumb for missing that bit... anyway, here's what I could manage of the test level recording.

Awesome stuff. thanks allot!

Think you can do some model swapping videos after you do the test stages?

EDIT: I thought there was PC controller support for dolphin? why don't you use that instead of a keyboard?
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 18 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

#71 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

• Project:Learning Python.
QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Mar 18 2011, 09:17 AM)
I tried putting the test-level-BSP into Heroes, but I guess that'd be pretty pointless as the textures can't be put into the game to display the stuff properly and I can't seem to put the proper collisions in, anyhow. Surprisingly enough, though, the game doesn't crash when chunks are replaced with this test-level in such a manner -- it just leaves hollow, transparent parts were the replaced stuff should be. :v

At any rate, anyone else think the test-level looked kinda better as just a textureless 3DS-mash than it does in-game? :v

Well, the 3DS render does have global illumination applied to it.

#72 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

• Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor!
  • Project:MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  • Wiki edits:5
Anyone got any specs on RenderWare 3.7.0.2 (apparently, that's what ShTH uses) TXD Headers? I'm kinda getting closer to figuring out them there TXD files but some stuff gives me headscratching, still, so, some help'd be appreciated. Alternatively, some 3.5.0.0 header would be useful for comparison-reasons. Been unable to find either thus far.

#73 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63
So, will we be seeing rips of these other test levels? Or are we only going to get the first one?

#74 User is offline Shakidna 

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

• Rehash Rampage
Could we at least get some camcorder footage of the test level?

#75 User is offline ultima espio 

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Shakidna @ Mar 21 2011, 02:29 PM)
Could we at least get some camcorder footage of the test level?

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=569762

• 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users