Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Shadow the Hedgehog general hacking discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Shadow the Hedgehog general hacking discussion Formely Shadow the Hedgehog test level found

#31 User is offline OKei 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

• OKeijiDragon
  • Project:YouTube
  • Wiki edits:11
QUOTE (total @ Mar 15 2011, 11:13 PM)

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Please somehow make AR codes for this on PS2! I would very much appreciate it!

#32 User is offline total 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

• Wiki edits:1
This is just a model swap, not memory edit. I can't help with that, sorry (well, until I get a better hardware maybe).

#33 User is offline Mystical Ninja 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:57 AM

• For old time's sake.
  • Project:Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
  • Wiki edits:282
Either way, that's still awesome. Is it possible to do an Espio model swap, as well?

#34 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
QUOTE (total @ Mar 15 2011, 11:45 PM)
This is just a model swap, not memory edit. I can't help with that, sorry (well, until I get a better hardware maybe).

Trust me, we don't care if its just a model swap its still fucking awesome.

So details, who can and can't you swap with? what kind of glitches do you come across? does the model your swapping with get screwy if you have him/her as an ally?

Maria with gunz plz. kthxbai.
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 16 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

#35 User is offline total 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Mystical Ninja @ Mar 16 2011, 02:57 PM)
Is it possible to do an Espio model swap, as well?

More or less. But I am not 100% sure.
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Mar 16 2011, 02:58 PM)
So details, who can and can't you swap with? what kind of glitches do you come across? does the model your swapping with get screwy if you have him/her as an ally?

Honestly, this was some kind of "quick and dirty port" and I expected the game to crash (because of potential problems with skeletal animation), but everything worked just fine (with sonic's model at least). I have not looked at animations format yet, but it is obviously different than heroes' I think.
When I try to load black bull boss stage the game freezes. Not really sure why.
More on this later (but do not expect something very soon, this game runs at average 3-4 fps on my machine. It takes forever to get ingame)
-------------------
I forgot to post these shots last time:

This post has been edited by total: 16 March 2011 - 02:36 AM

#36 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

• Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor!
  • Project:MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  • Wiki edits:5
I'm not too surprised Sonic at least works, seeing as unused voice files from the game indicate that Sonic was meant to appear in 2P-Versus mode as well, originally.
And on a semi-related note, Sonic was meant to have a lifebar seperate from Diabolon's.
Also, funnily, reminds me of that fanfic idea I had -- what if Sonic was the one who didn't make it at the end of SA2? v.png
This post has been edited by Herm the Germ: 16 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

#37 User is offline total 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

I tested different models and everything was ok (looks like every model is split into the same parts, so it can be used with another "skeleton"). But every part (head, hands) has different spawning points (I.e. relative positions), so the problem comes only if using model with mismatching proportions (maria). The only way to fix this is...figuring out bones (*.bon files?) and animations (*.mtp files?) format.
This post has been edited by total: 17 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

#38 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Mar 16 2011, 06:14 AM)
I'm not too surprised Sonic at least works, seeing as unused voice files from the game indicate that Sonic was meant to appear in 2P-Versus mode as well, originally.

Unused voice files? do go on...

#39 User is offline DinnerSonic 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

• Never Posting Since 2004!
If anyone wants a video, I can get the game to run at a pretty good speed with DirectX9 so I can use the video and possibly sound dumper to get a recording if you can tell me how to swap the models right... and you don't mind the weird blur on the top left like in your shots. Can't get it to work on the DirectX11 plugin though, it seems to get rid of the blur, so I can use FRAPS if you really don't want the blur.

#40 User is offline Herm the Germ 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

• Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor!
  • Project:MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Mar 16 2011, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Mar 16 2011, 06:14 AM)

Unused voice files? do go on...

They're leftover Japanese voice clips that are, content-wise at least, near-identical to Sonic's 2P-versus texts from Sonic Adventure 2 (though they appear to have been re-recorded.)
I also remember hearing at least one voice clip of Black Doom saying something to the effect of "Good! Now finish off that blue hedgehog!" indicating that you were supposed to fight Diablon and Sonic and KO them both instead of just Diablon as in the final game.

#41 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Mar 16 2011, 09:33 AM)
They're leftover Japanese voice clips that are, content-wise at least, near-identical to Sonic's 2P-versus texts from Sonic Adventure 2 (though they appear to have been re-recorded.)
I also remember hearing at least one voice clip of Black Doom saying something to the effect of "Good! Now finish off that blue hedgehog!" indicating that you were supposed to fight Diablon and Sonic and KO them both instead of just Diablon as in the final game.

Hmm strange so they were planning a SA2B multiplayer at some point? Wait don't you fight both sonic and diablon in one of the storys?

QUOTE (DinnerSonic @ Mar 16 2011, 09:19 AM)
If anyone wants a video, I can get the game to run at a pretty good speed with DirectX9 so I can use the video and possibly sound dumper to get a recording if you can tell me how to swap the models right... and you don't mind the weird blur on the top left like in your shots. Can't get it to work on the DirectX11 plugin though, it seems to get rid of the blur, so I can use FRAPS if you really don't want the blur.

Sure go nuts I want to see amy, cream, or knuckles with gunzzzz!
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 16 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

#42 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Lanzer @ Mar 16 2011, 11:59 AM)
Hmm strange so they were planning a SA2B multiplayer at some point? Wait don't you fight both sonic and diablon in one of the storys?

I think it may have just been Sonic as a skin, instead they went for the Shadow robots. probably because multiplayer involevd guns and Sonic is against the use of firearms.

You also do fight both, but you only have to defeat Diablon, when you do that, the stage ends and you're meant to assume that in some out of sight scene, Shadow ripped the effing hell out of Sonic, leaving him laying on the floor on his front.
This post has been edited by SpeedStarTMQ: 16 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

#43 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Mar 16 2011, 09:59 AM)
Sure go nuts I want to see amy, cream, or knuckles with gunzzzz!

Yes, please. v.png

#44 User is offline Mather1 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

• Project:Nothing, unless you consider Portal modding to be Sonic.
QUOTE (Dude @ Mar 16 2011, 07:41 AM)
Mather1, all you need to do is to replace westopolis files with ones of those stages. Don't forget to modify nukkoro2.inf.

How do I do that? How do I aquire such an unused level? Seriously, I don't know. Let me read back, maybe that will give me an idea. Oh, and are these levels from the GC version?

#45 User is offline total 

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Extract everything from iso, put these files in stg0100 directory and rebuild iso.
Yes, everything was done on gamecube version.

• 8 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users