don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. winterhell

winterhell

+ - I'm raging already  

looks great for the limited colour palette.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Very much getting a VVVVVV vibe to this, I'm assuming this is somewhat intentional =P

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Thanks. Aside from the gradient background, it's just 4 Gameboy greys with an overlay. :)

Pretty much. Inspired mainly by new-to-this-shit indie platformers like Super Pixalo and Life of Pixel (UM THERE MAY BE A THEME THERE), but also it's going to be real short because it's sorta experimenting with platform game stuff to get the feel for it before I take on a bigger project (which I'm in the pre-production phase of right now). I do love some VVVVVV though. <3

4. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    [​IMG]

5. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Holy shit, that's an awesome Bridge Zone recreation. = O That's definitely how Sonic 1 SMS looks in my head, haha. XD So many memories!

Is that in some sort of realtime/playable form, or just a pre-rendered mockup? Either way, it deserves an awesome remix of the Bridge Zone theme to go with it...! = D

6. OMG, this is fucking awesome! This is a mockup at moment? Because I really love this!

Edit: Whoops, ninja'd with McAleeCh.

7. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    It's a mockup. Not sure what to do with this yet.

8. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Come on, you know what to do.

Do it!

9. Nemo

Nemo

'ey folks. Here's a quick pic of Sanic in Unity 5's beautiful new physically-based rendering and the image effects from my snazzy new Pro license. <3

For those interested in my project (currently titled Project Nexus; still deliberating...), my current sub-project is to create a visual scripting system upon which the ability system will be built. (In for a penny, in for a pound, eh?) It's still got a while to go, but it'll be lovely when it's done. Then I just need to do a little restructuring on the old entity setup I've got going on, and my game will be in a playable state!

[​IMG]

10. Faseeh

Faseeh

Looking awesome, Lange and Nemo! :D

11. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    DOT JIF TIEM

[​IMG]

Y'all have seen this one. It's very nearly complete, just got the bookending (title/options/ending/etc) and polish to do.

[​IMG]

Not such a smooth one, as my computer is fucking rubbish. Anywho, this unnamed thing is to be a procedurally-generated affair about a robot gathering gems and alien lifeforms from out of a cave. Pretty early yet, but it's already fun.

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Really liking the looks and idea of the second game. That could bring a whole avenue of ideas.

13. Nemo

Nemo

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvty5BVR0m4[/media]

Just made a quick video trouncing about an art pack I got on the Unity Asset Store. Just kinda something to take my mind off the programming for a bit. Thought I might give folks an example of what Unity's physically-based rendering can really do. Sadly the demo level is made for looks more than performance, so to record it at a decent frame rate on my laptop I had to turn the graphics way down. Hope you guys like it though!

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Did you run YouTube's anti-shake filter on this footage? Don't ever do that to video game captures. Ever. This is nauseating to watch.

15. Nemo

Nemo

Yeah, I think I misclicked and I've been trying to get it to change back for the past hour. I think I just fixed it though. Sorry 'bout that.

16. Nemo will create a thread dedicated to this game made in Unity, would be great to see this progressing slowly and then release updates for this game to try and also looks very promising and could surpass the Sonic World of Ozcrash.

17. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    [​IMG]

... wut?

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Hey that's some nice pixel art there.

19. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Thanks!

Somehow it's related to this picture I posted on the doodles thread:

]http://I.imgur.com/8WTmUYd.png

Straaaaange isn't it?

20. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

That's a really nice pixel art there, it makes a nice use of dithering and looks well detailed overall. However, there is a small number of things that just irks me off a bit.

One of them is the light source... just where is it coming from? The face seems to imply it comes from the center, the ear points that it comes from the top right, the thumb and index fingers hint that it comes from above, the rest of the fingers imply that it comes from the top left, and the wrist part of the glove somewhat hints that it comes from... below? In terms of light source, this is just really inconsistent, and the wrist part of the glove showing in there would get little to no brightening in it at all. Given that the index finger is upon the middle finger, it would probably cast a bit of a shadow upon the middle finger, and the head could use some more brightening around the top part of it, to indicate that the light is indeed coming from above.

The other thing is yet another inconsistency, regarding the contrast of the entire palette. The white part of the palette has a quite strong contrast to it, and the same goes to the skin colors in the pixel art, but then there's the blue palette. The contrast looks too low compared to the rest of the colors, making it look too soft compared to the gloves and the skin. Taking a closer look, I also realize that one of the shades of Sonic's blue is taken out of the white palette... which is just plain unnecessary, it doesn't helps the situation anyhow. It's a little bit hard to even tell the different from the white shade from the blue shade next to it, making it pointless to even do that. You could replace that with the black color of the palette, which is fairly blue and fits well, and helping the contrast situation at the same time. Of course, the contrast would be too sudden for a part, so the rest of the blue would need some tweaking as well to look consistent, but then again, the brighter colors of the blue palette also looked too low on contrast to begin with.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps!